Analysis Key Position Defenders (going forward)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure either but that sounds right. Durdin would've qualified I'd have thought?
Given Durdin nearly cut his finger off opening a zooper dooper, having him on the tools at a construction site means he soon will be.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Given Durdin nearly cut his finger off opening a zooper dooper, having him on the tools at a construction site means he soon will be.

Not sure either but that sounds right. Durdin would've qualified I'd have thought?
They have to be on the LTI for the whole upcoming playing season. So if someone like Maj was any chance to play you have to tell them to get ready for 2020.

They have to be on the LTI for the whole upcoming playing season. So if someone like Maj was any chance to play you have to tell them to get ready for 2020.

If the club changes their mind during the season and wants to reinstate the LTI player, can they just take the top-up player off the list?

If the club changes their mind during the season and wants to reinstate the LTI player, can they just take the top-up player off the list?
I don't know. Haven't seen (I've looked) for the original rules. From the wording of news articles I think that would not be approved.

I think, normally you can simply put someone on LTI and then reinstate them when they are ready with the rookie going back to the rookie list. But with this new rule, signing a player from outside the club, the injured player has to be on the LTI for the entire season to be allowed to select a replacement. Therefore, we would have to rule Maj out for the entire 2019, which we clearly aren't prepared to do at this stage.

I think, normally you can simply put someone on LTI and then reinstate them when they are ready with the rookie going back to the rookie list. But with this new rule, signing a player from outside the club, the injured player has to be on the LTI for the entire season to be allowed to select a replacement. Therefore, we would have to rule Maj out for the entire 2019, which we clearly aren't prepared to do at this stage.

I want further clarification, because I've heard a few conflicting things out of the media the last few days.

I don't think it's restricted to a certain player though, just 1 for 1.

I.e If we replaced Maj with a supplement player after placing him on the LTI list, if we copped another long term injury, as long as we place them on the LTI Maj can return.

Not sure on this though.

I want further clarification, because I've heard a few conflicting things out of the media the last few days.

I don't think it's restricted to a certain player though, just 1 for 1.

I.e If we replaced Maj with a supplement player after placing him on the LTI list, if we copped another long term injury, as long as we place them on the LTI Maj can return.

Not sure on this though.
Either way, simple logic says that the supplement player must be guaranteed a list spot for the entire season. Even if what you're saying is correct, and another injured player can make way half way through the season if Maj is ready, what if there are no other long term injuries at that point? Who makes way?

Either way, simple logic says that the supplement player must be guaranteed a list spot for the entire season. Even if what you're saying is correct, and another injured player can make way half way through the season if Maj is ready, what if there are no other long term injuries at that point? Who makes way?
It's not exactly like we'd be bringing in David Dench from a lower league. It'd be a flawed player who we'd then be stuck with if they are no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it does, but it's open for major manipulation isn't it?

Whats to stop us putting Maj on the LTI injury list, knowing he should return in around Rnd 17.

Then put the 40th player on the list on the LTI for the last 5 rounds and let him hit the gym for next in for the betterment of the whole club?

Maj returns and we've had the cover player the whole time, who might turn out to be great and is alot closer to the first 18 side vs the 40th on the list type.

The same applies with basically early retiring players with no future in the last year of their contracts, we can pay them out, they can go play local footy on big $$$ in time for finals, we get the cover player in the mid season draft.

My understanding of the rule is that once on the LTI list they are on it for a minimum of 6 weeks (no AFL / VFL) but can come back onto the primary list on application to the AFL

My understanding of the rule is that once on the LTI list they are on it for a minimum of 6 weeks (no AFL / VFL) but can come back onto the primary list on application to the AFL
That was the rule as we knew it. But with this new supplementary player rule, apparently the LTI rule changed as well.

Of course it does, but it's open for major manipulation isn't it?

Whats to stop us putting Maj on the LTI injury list, knowing he should return in around Rnd 17.

Then put the 40th player on the list on the LTI for the last 5 rounds and let him hit the gym for next in for the betterment of the whole club?

Maj returns and we've had the cover player the whole time, who might turn out to be great and is alot closer to the first 18 side vs the 40th on the list type.

The same applies with basically early retiring players with no future in the last year of their contracts, we can pay them out, they can go play local footy on big $$$ in time for finals, we get the cover player in the mid season draft.
Shows how well AFL are going, that nobody is able to clearly find the rule definition.

The AFL made this rule about 100 times more confusing then it needed to be by referring to the new designation as the LTI, which can effectively mean two entirely different things now.

Fairly simple I thought. If a player is placed on the season-ending injury list (new addition this year) they can supplement with a player pre March 15 or in the mid year draft.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not fully over the rules, but doesn't someone have to go on the LTI first?

Yesterday I spoke to an AFL CEO I know and he told me that you can actually take a player off the LTI "inactive" list and keep the SSP player IF you have another player that is done for the year.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before. Given our present predicament in the backline, maybe, Wood should go back. It worked for Majak. The defence is a great place to improve a player’s focus. Heaven knows, Mason needs to focus more!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before. Given our present predicament in the backline, maybe, Wood should go back. It worked for Majak. The defence is a great place to improve a player’s focus. Heaven knows, Mason needs to focus more!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wood is literally less than an inch taller than EVW. We need a tall KPD which not sure Wood would offer, and as a mid size there are far better options

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back