Competition Kit of the Week Rd 11

Remove this Banner Ad

InCase

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Kit of the Week Round 11
For the upcoming world cup, Football Australia have decided to add a little Aussie heritage to their jerseys. They have decided to wear an AFL style football guernsey, sleeveless and shorter shorts. They have come to you to design the kit and only ask for both a home and away guernsey which are two different colours. (Example their current jersey, green and gold home, blue away.)

An entry must consist of a guernsey.
An entry may consist of, guernsey, away guernsey.
A max of two entries

Close Date: 21/9/09

Template you can use, but don't have to:

guernsey.jpg

Download .PSD

They have come to you to design the kit and only ask for both a home and away guernsey which are two different colours. (Example their current jersey, green and gold home, blue away.)

Would they like some goalie uniforms?

By the way, I really wish they'd tell me themselves. Why do I have to hear about this news from you?

You can use whatever colours you like.

Goalie would be good but not a necessity.

Every business has a middle man, that's me, sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK as they say on Monty Python, now for something completely different...

The FFA have taken this opportunity to bring more attention toward the national league of Australia. They hope this move will bring the competition to the forefront of the world's attention as an elite football (soccer) league - hopefully attracting some well-known players from overseas - as well as reconciling differences between the A-League and Socceroos coach, Pim Verbeek.

The home/first strip - of course made by Reebok - features the A-league's distinctively Australian motif, with its earthy colours pairing well with the customary Aussie Gold.
The second kit indirectly pays tribute to Hyundai Motors for their continued support of the competition by using its familiar navy corporate colours. It also features a stripe consisting of the predominant colour of each of the 9 Australian clubs in alphabetical order.
The goalie's shirt is inspired by the "90 minutes, 90 emotions" marketing drive, using the campaign's distinctive pixelation in the A-League logo.

---------------------------------------
The Australian Government/FFA's combined and much publicised "Come Play!" bid for the 2018-2022 World Cups has taken another turn, with the national team now sporting the logo and colour of the campaign for the South African tournament.

Yellow is maintained as the main colour for the first kit, complemented by the same earthy and green colours that performed so well at the recent Athletics World Championships in Berlin (they also feature on the campaign's website).
The 'Roos second kit is a brighter change from the past, with "Come Play!"s trademark blue - maintaining the kangaroo emblem on the front.
The Goalkeeper will wear the colours of the Australian flag in SA, with the strong red kangaroos on the chest a subtle reminder of the goal for 2018-2022.

(Note that on the above guernsey's, "18" is a reference to the bid - and the players name will obviously replace the "SOCCEROOS" text)

Smeagle, send them in. I have absolutely no doubt that I'd buy one.

The "90 Minutes, 90 Emotions" jumpers are the best jumpers i've ever seen on BigFooty. The fact that they could be customised in so many other colours/gradients (a green one would look awesome) is a plus.

Please, please send them into the FFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back