Competition KOTW 18: University

Remove this Banner Ad

InCase

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
56832595.png

After the trip to the United States to watch the superbowl, and even some college football, the AFL has decided they are going to open bidding to Australian Universities for an AFL license. Choose one of the universities Australia wide and create the bid.

It can include a home and away guernsey, logo, name, location, mascot.

It must have a home guernsey, name and location.

Two Entries Max
Due: 20th February

Currently working on a guernsey for my Alma Mater the University of Western Sydney.

-----------------

Decided to go with it, had one design that I wasn't quite happy with. But then I took inspiration from the tracksuit top that I have from the uni and the second design came out quite nice and is officially my first entry.

First design (not an entry)

UWS1.png

Second Design (First Entry - University of Western Sydney Thunderbirds)

Home:

UWS2.png

Clash:

UWSClash1.png

The ANU Owls (Australian National University, Canberra)

HOME

AWAY

CLASH

The colours - blue, black and gold - come from the colours of the ANU logo. The mascot comes from the ANU rugby union team, also the Owls. The logo is adapted from a vintage clothing store, Hoot Owl Vintage. The shape of the vee on the jumpers is the shape of the crest of the owl in the logo.

Decided to go with UniSA as Adelaide Uni already has a pretty massive football club.

University of South Australia Knights

knightslogo.png

unisahome.png

I decided not to do an away/clash, but if I did it would simply be the same guernsey with predominantly white shorts and socks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to go with UniSA as Adelaide Uni already has a pretty massive football club.

Go You BLACKS! Also, nice design. I'd of called them the Super Tafe Knights but there you go.

Here's my attempt for the University of Adelaide Blacks

63yn42-2.png

Based on an old photo i saw of the team. The logo's very basic, but i felt the Adelaide Uni Shield is strong enough on its own and Being a uni they wouldn't want anything too OTT.

(logo based on adelaide uni symbol http://www.chemistry.adelaide.edu.au/images/ualogo_colour.png)

Was just wondering if there are any rules regarding color scheme and actual relation to the chosen university, also does the university have to already have a current football team?

Monash University Patriots

Got the idea because of the Monash University sheild with the southern cross on it, also the color's come from the sheild. I tried to keep it pretty simple this time, placing the sheild on the shorts and just one sponsor on the back (Diadora who sponsor Monash's netball team) also you might notice on the sheild it has a kind of arrow shape pointed up, so I incorperated that on the guernsey, aswell as having the yolk/downstripes (I don't really know the technical term for them) coming down to make an M for Monash. Any feedback would be appreciated.
nejh3c.png

2akbq7a.png

LOL! I moved from Adelaide to UniSA and called it SuperTafe the entire time.

I bet that goes down well lol. Although most People from Super Tafe i tell this too don't seem to get it; more preoccupied with trying to get across town for a lecture!

Does Uni SA have a club already? i'm not sure i've ever heard of one TBH; did u just make up the concept from thin air? (Bravo if so)

I bet that goes down well lol. Although most People from Super Tafe i tell this too don't seem to get it; more preoccupied with trying to get across town for a lecture!

Does Uni SA have a club already? i'm not sure i've ever heard of one TBH; did u just make up the concept from thin air? (Bravo if so)

No football club that i'm aware of, they do have a cricket club, but I don't play for them.

Concept kinda came about by mucking around in photoshop a bit. Thanks for the praise!

My entry for kit of the week is for the Curtin University Wolverines in Perth, WA.

The home guernsey has a stylised C logo in the shape of a football, which also incorporates the hexagon shape shown on the actual Curtin Uni logo. At first, I was going to simply have a white reverse version for the away guernsey, but opted with a stylised W logo that incorporates the slash marks of a wolverine.

I chose Wolverines as a logo, as Curtin Uni is adjacent to a large plantation area, so I was going for a logo that would live in a forest.

2lm32aw.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back