Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Bolton re-signing, Pickett would be close to the hottest commodity of out of contract players next year. Port very keen and talk they were in his ear before they landed JHF. Could see Freo and WC trying to lure him to WA as well but talk is Port are super keen and Pickett would like to play for Port one day.

Does he re-sign with the Demons for another few years or look to return interstate having already won a premiership?

You can count Port Adelaide out of the race, they gave up their 2023 first round pick in the JH-F trade, and they have no elite young vic talent the Dees would want imo.

Reckon its out of the Dees and Eagles tbh. Hopefully he stays at Melbourne though

It'd be devastating to lose Jackson for unders and Pickett the year after but word out of melbourne is that the rumours about him wanting to leave is rubbish. Internally they are very confident he will sign. This has been mentioned by Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb. Obviously until he signs nothing is guaranteed.

For Pickett, I'd want a top 10 pick. Knowing full well that that is severely unders. If he's in contract I'd want 2 first rounders but he isn't. For Port I'd want Georgiadis and some loose change.

You can count Port Adelaide out of the race, they gave up their 2023 first round pick in the JH-F trade, and they have no elite young vic talent the Dees would want imo.

Reckon its out of the Dees and Eagles tbh. Hopefully he stays at Melbourne though
If he requested a trade to Port they would make it happen.

If he requested a trade to Port they would make it happen.

Not if they have a first round pick next season they can't get a deal done. Eagles probably best placed to swoop of Kozi if he wants to go, my gut feeling is that will stay at The Dees

It'd be devastating to lose Jackson for unders and Pickett the year after but word out of melbourne is that the rumours about him wanting to leave is rubbish. Internally they are very confident he will sign. This has been mentioned by Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb. Obviously until he signs nothing is guaranteed.

For Pickett, I'd want a top 10 pick. Knowing full well that that is severely unders. If he's in contract I'd want 2 first rounders but he isn't. For Port I'd want Georgiadis and some loose change.
You’d rightfully want a top 10 pick and the rest in my opinion. Absolute gun. Port could package up their picks next year plus their future first rounder to trade into a decent position in next years first round of the draft plus move some other parts around to compensate Melbourne. Obviously all a moot point if he re-signs though.

You’d rightfully want a top 10 pick and the rest in my opinion. Absolute gun. Port could package up their picks next year plus their future first rounder to trade into a decent position in next years first round of the draft plus move some other parts around to compensate Melbourne. Obviously all a moot point if he re-signs though.
Yeah. I've just given up. We got screwed over in the Jackson trade and didn't even get a top 13 pick for Luke Jackson so who knows anymore.
But yeah Pickett was taken with pick 12 and has shown to be a match winner. If Rankin gets a top 5 pick than Pickett is worth at least that.

Reckon players would be more amenable to a move if it were to a flag and not a spoon contender.

We have tonnes of vic talent the dees would want, why bother commenting on such a thing when you clearly don’t know our list? Whether we would have one that wants out is another issue.

Also, future picks have been a thing for ages. How does someone who posts a billionty times on this board not know that?
For Port I'd want Georgiadis and some loose change.

Young kf is worth more than a young small forward, not that you have a chance in hell of getting Mitch. He’s port for life or back to Wa at some point.

With Bolton re-signing, Pickett would be close to the hottest commodity of out of contract players next year. Port very keen and talk they were in his ear before they landed JHF. Could see Freo and WC trying to lure him to WA as well but talk is Port are super keen and Pickett would like to play for Port one day.

Does he re-sign with the Demons for another few years or look to return interstate having already won a premiership?

Why would he like to play for Port one day?

Byron’s own son doesn’t support Port.

Is the Port PR team running with this one now too?

He loves the Melbourne footy club but hates living in the city of melbourne. A move back home is certainly on the cards but most likely in a couple years from now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have tonnes of vic talent the dees would want, why bother commenting on such a thing when you clearly don’t know our list? Whether we would have one that wants out is another issue.

Also, future picks have been a thing for ages. How does someone who posts a billionty times on this board not know that?

Young kf is worth more than a young small forward, not that you have a chance in hell of getting Mitch. He’s port for life or back to Wa at some point.
your bias is getting in the way. Pickett is far more valuable than Georgiadis who had a very average season. He's a good player but he didn't develop this season. You're kpf vs small forward debate is like saying Thilthorpe is better than Papley just because he's a forward. Yeah no. Pickett is a match winner and averaged 1.8 goals compared to Georgiadis' 1.2. That is 50% more goals. Monstrous for a guy that is just a crumbing forward.

And then you say no chance in hell like you're going to get Pickett without coughing up something worth more than Georgiadis anyway lol

Nah port don’t trade players apparently

Unless it is bonner then they are happy to trade a player
Players have to agree to a trade. Nobody at Port wanted to go to North. Players may be happy to go to Melbourne. Totally different situation.

Player for player trades very rarely happen these days. I don't think you can trade your future 1st round pick either according to current AFL rules

😂😂😂

If he wants to come to Port they will get the deal done.

The one group I have faith in at the club is the list management team.

They will pay what is required to get it done even if they have to push someone out like they did with Wingard and Polec.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t count on Port being able to get a deal done, unless Geogiades ends up at West Coast for a first round pick and you send that pick (plus something else) to the Dees for Kozi

Minimum top ten pick plus a later first round pick (not matter which year it is in) would be the minimum going rare for a proven match and finals winner in Pickett.

Wouldn’t count on Port being able to get a deal done, unless Geogiades ends up at West Coast for a first round pick and you send that pick (plus something else) to the Dees for Kozi

Minimum top ten pick plus a later first round pick (not matter which year it is in) would be the minimum going rare for a proven match and finals winner in Pickett.
🤷🤦

Zzzt, you got anything constructive to offer aside from childish emojis ?

If you think Kozi is going to to screw Melbourne over by wanting to join Port for perceived unders, you are naive..

You paid overs for Jason Horne-Francis and that is really going to hurt Port's chances for trading for Pickett.

He is not a free agent., Bergman and a 2nd rounder (hypothetically) isn't going to cut it.

And given Kozi has much more runs on the board than JH-F, Melbourne has ever right to demand an equal, if not greater draft haul than North got for JH-F.

Zzzt, you got anything constructive to offer aside from childish emojis ?

If you think Kozi is going to to screw Melbourne over by wanting to join Port for perceived unders, you are naive..

You paid overs for Jason Horne-Francis and that is really going to hurt Port's chances for trading for Pickett.

He is not a free agent., Bergman and a 2nd rounder (hypothetically) isn't going to cut it.

And given Kozi has much more runs on the board than JH-F, Melbourne has ever right to demand an equal, if not greater draft haul than North got for JH-F.
Paid overs for JHF 😂. You just talk s**t m8 is that better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back