Lachie Whitfield

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
This honestly feels like sabotage from jealous people in Victoria. I'm sorry but there was plenty of time to leak this story. But this reporter clearly waited until the Giants made the finals

your mates across town more likely.

most of vic want anyone but hawthorn to win. including you guys.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

Yep classy lady that's for sure

and for the ones who can't see here is a bit of it
GWS Giants AFL star Lachie Whitfield has told those closest to him that he categorically denies taking illicit drugs and is simply the victim of a former lover’s bitter revenge. His ex-girlfriend, Sammi Nowland, told The Daily Telegraph yesterday Whitfield was a “c ...” and admitted she “might” be the source that sparked the investigation into allegations he tried to avoid drug testers...
When asked if she had helped the Giants by supplying them with incriminating text messages, Miss Nowland replied: “I might (have), but I can’t talk right now.”

And what's the bet a paid woman's day article is in the works for her

injury Bear

Debutant
Aug 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
At least the last psycho female around the AFL, Kim Duthue had video/photographic proof.

This chick has a couple of screen grabs of some text messages?

Enjoy your $10,000 from Woman's Day. It's a shame Zoo magazine doesn't get published anymore or you might've gotten another $5,000 for that...

Toddle off in to the sunset and go and ruin someone else's life you shocking bit of gear.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
She was smart enough to wait until the eve of finals as she knew that would hurt him the most

What a mole

If he has nothing to worry about then he should be able to go about his business with minimal distraction

However i know what it is like to have bitter fueds with ex's and it does take it out of you. So hope he keeps his head about him

injury Bear

Debutant
Aug 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know Eddie has done a bit to stifle the growth of the Giants but he was very good on MMM this morning regarding the Giants, Lachie, and your CEO and how you guys got on the front foot last year.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
And here we go.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...&utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_medium=Twitter

Lachie Whitfield: GWS Giants star denies drugs scandal, says former lover is source of allegations

Danielle Gusmaroli and Ben Horne, The Daily Telegraph
August 31, 2016 12:00am
Subscriber only

WHITFIELD ALLEGEDLY AVOIDED DRUG TESTERS
GWS Giants AFL star Lachie Whitfield has told those closest to him that he categorically denies taking illicit drugs and is simply the victim of a former lover’s bitter revenge.

His ex-girlfriend, Sammi Nowland, told The Daily Telegraph yesterday Whitfield was a “c ...” and admitted she “might” be the source that sparked the investigation into allegations he tried to avoid drug testers.

Whitfield, 22, and Miss Nowland were once a glamour couple gracing red carpet events like 2014’s Kevin Sheedy Medal before the pair split in June last year.

When asked if she had helped the Giants by supplying them with incriminating text messages, Miss Nowland replied: “I might (have), but I can’t talk right now.”

Lachie Whitfield of the GWS Giants / Picture: Brett Costello
The drama started last year when Whitfield’s ex-partner emailed the club’s former football manager Graeme Allan, with allegations of illicit drug use stemming from text message exchanges between the player and Miss Nowland.

It’s understood there are messages from Whitfield attempting to find out why Ms Nowland was trying to ruin his career.

The messages also allegedly highlight the role played by Allan and former Giants welfare manager Craig Lambert, who both stand accused of secretly hiding the former No. 1 draft pick away from drug testers at Lambert’s home.

Whitfield, 22, and Miss Nowland were once a glamour couple gracing red carpet events like 2014’s Kevin Sheedy Medal before the pair split in June last year / Facebook
The AFL confirmed yesterday that its Integrity Department has been investigating the matter and will now forward its findings to ASADA.

Why the AFL has allowed the inquiry to drag on for more than 12 months only for the details to leak out on the eve of the club’s historic finals’ debut against premiership favourites Sydney remains unclear.

It’s understood Whitfield has stressed his innocence in the drug drama that threatens to derail or at least overshadow the Giants’ historic maiden finals match against the Sydney Swans.

Samantha Nowland / Facebook

GWS has cleared Whitfield of any wrongdoing in an independent investigation conducted by a senior counsel last July and have given him their full backing — declaring he will play against the Swans on Saturday week.

Whitfield was investigated by an independent QC hired by the Giants and as far as GWS are concerned he has no case to answer after the QC found there was no grounds to sanction him based on the evidence at hand.

She looks a bitter and massively high maintenance individual

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
If he had have hidden from, or been hidden by somebody else, from drug testers, then he would have already been suspended.

If drug testers turn up and you're not there and cannot be found within a reasonable period of time then it's going to be all over the news and you're going to be f#*ked. Simple as that.

Fact here is that he didn't avoid drug testers because there were no drug testers to avoid.

The hysteria about what he has been accused of is becoming ridiculous. By the end of all of this he will be accused, I'm sure, of not just avoiding a drug tester, but actively beating one to death with a 4x2 to get out of being tested.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Im sorry Mr Whitfield and Ms Nowland had a messy breakup.

I dont mind if players crash with the Lamberts, whether they have had a few too many or are dodging the girlfriend.

However, if we're going to have a clean club, then we cant have club officials helping players who might have been on the gear to dodge the drug testers.

Down that road lies Hird and The Weapon.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Im sorry Mr Whitfield and Ms Nowland had a messy breakup.

I dont mind if players crash with the Lamberts, whether they have had a few too many or are dodging the girlfriend.

However, if we're going to have a clean club, then we cant have club officials helping players who might have been on the gear to dodge the drug testers.

Down that road lies Hird and The Weapon.
Did they though?

According to the article we even hired a private QC to investigate and found nothing wrong.

Edit. Actually just rer-ead that and there wasnt enough evidence to take action on. That could be taken a few different ways.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Did they though?

According to the article we even hired a private QC to investigate and found nothing wrong.

Edit. Actually just rer-ead that and there wasnt enough evidence to take action on. That could be taken a few different ways.

I dont know if they did.

But what I do know is that you cant trust a League, let alone the players club, to do these investigations.

And that includes trusting anyone they hired.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
So according to reports.

She put him in to the club. And when their investigations turned up nothing she contacted ASADA?

What a _________.

This individual needs to get over herself.

I think they obviously were having dramas and she has either set him up or threatened that she had informed ASADA and they were going to test him. He's then probably panicked and the rest is history.

I feel for him as he is not certainly not Robinson Crusoe and this creature appears a wannabe Kim Kardashian type with a vengeful streak.

It's good she came out and showed her true colours because it completely shot down Wilson's assertion that she was "concerned for him". More likely she was concerned about being dumped and no longer a WAG.

Hopefully sanity prevails and it's just fines and reprimands.

I would have a different view if it was a PED but this looks like a textbook frame up over a recreational situation.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
I think they obviously were having dramas and she has either set him up or threatened that she had informed ASADA and they were going to test him. He's then probably panicked and the rest is history.

I feel for him as he is not certainly not Robinson Crusoe and this creature appears a wannabe Kim Kardashian type with a vengeful streak.

It's good she came out and showed her true colours because it completely shot down Wilson's assertion that she was "concerned for him". More likely she was concerned about being dumped and no longer a WAG.

Hopefully sanity prevails and it's just fines and reprimands.

I would have a different view if it was a PED but this looks like a textbook frame up over a recreational situation.

WADA doesnt really care about coke or speed, except on game day.

The problem is the stuff is often enough cut with stuff it does care about, like Clenbuterol.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Part of me thinks that the Club's investigation was into Lachie's actions (by extension those of Lambo); but when the matter was reported to ASADA and the AFL it was broadened to include the activities of others.

It seems from the Wilson article that more could be made of the actions of the officials regarding alleged deleting of emails and texts than necessarily what Lachie did or did not do.

From a welfare perspective, having a footballer who may need to "come down", or is sick with a migraine, or hiding from a girlfriend stay with your Welfare Officer is a good thing. Taking steps to cover up or avoid testing is not.

And here we go.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...&utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_medium=Twitter

Lachie Whitfield: GWS Giants star denies drugs scandal, says former lover is source of allegations

Danielle Gusmaroli and Ben Horne, The Daily Telegraph
August 31, 2016 12:00am
Subscriber only

WHITFIELD ALLEGEDLY AVOIDED DRUG TESTERS
GWS Giants AFL star Lachie Whitfield has told those closest to him that he categorically denies taking illicit drugs and is simply the victim of a former lover’s bitter revenge.

His ex-girlfriend, Sammi Nowland, told The Daily Telegraph yesterday Whitfield was a “c ...” and admitted she “might” be the source that sparked the investigation into allegations he tried to avoid drug testers.

Whitfield, 22, and Miss Nowland were once a glamour couple gracing red carpet events like 2014’s Kevin Sheedy Medal before the pair split in June last year.

Lachie Whitfield of the GWS Giants / Picture: Brett Costello
The drama started last year when Whitfield’s ex-partner emailed the club’s former football manager Graeme Allan, with allegations of illicit drug use stemming from text message exchanges between the player and Miss Nowland.

It’s understood there are messages from Whitfield attempting to find out why Ms Nowland was trying to ruin his career.

The messages also allegedly highlight the role played by Allan and former Giants welfare manager Craig Lambert, who both stand accused of secretly hiding the former No. 1 draft pick away from drug testers at Lambert’s home.

Whitfield, 22, and Miss Nowland were once a glamour couple gracing red carpet events like 2014’s Kevin Sheedy Medal before the pair split in June last year / Facebook
The AFL confirmed yesterday that its Integrity Department has been investigating the matter and will now forward its findings to ASADA.

Why the AFL has allowed the inquiry to drag on for more than 12 months only for the details to leak out on the eve of the club’s historic finals’ debut against premiership favourites Sydney remains unclear.

It’s understood Whitfield has stressed his innocence in the drug drama that threatens to derail or at least overshadow the Giants’ historic maiden finals match against the Sydney Swans.

GWS has cleared Whitfield of any wrongdoing in an independent investigation conducted by a senior counsel last July and have given him their full backing — declaring he will play against the Swans on Saturday week.

Whitfield was investigated by an independent QC hired by the Giants and as far as GWS are concerned he has no case to answer after the QC found there was no grounds to sanction him based on the evidence at hand.

She looks a bitter and massively high maintenance individual

We needed a new Kim Duthrie, wonder when the pics will come out

Back