Lack of Lions news in Melbourne...

Remove this Banner Ad

One things I noticed when I was there was the lack of talk about the Lions in Melbourne. Maybe this lack of coverage has helped the lions in pursuit of back to back flags. I would have thought the general footy public would be interested in reading about and hearing from more Lions players.
One thing I know for sure is that the Lions have now arrived as a "club". Lepa's resigning is a sure sign of that as people want to play for the Lions now. Maybe this is why many Fitzroy supporters are now following the team. Being successful also helps but after what happened to the roys why not people enjoy soem of the good life.
I think that most Victorians are ****ting their pants thinking about a port v lions GF. To quote Slim Shady "the've created a monster...."

If you are ever in brisbane, yes the home of the lions, buy the courier mail for a week and see how much news there is! thats if you can be bothered flicking past the first ten pages of rugby league followed by rugby union then maybe the tennis,or the cricket before you find a page or two on the lions. I live in melbourne and go to most games in brisbane and it just astounds me how little press the lions get. Hird's busted head got more pages in the paper than what the current and very potential next premiers recieve. But then again with mr Darren Can'twright does do the lions articles, and with the access he has to the club I often wonder if he has been to the same game, or if he ever has an inkling to write something positive. He gives every other club more praise than the home town team in the home town paper.

Originally posted by foreveralion
If you are ever in brisbane, yes the home of the lions, buy the courier mail for a week and see how much news there is! thats if you can be bothered flicking past the first ten pages of rugby league followed by rugby union then maybe the tennis,or the cricket before you find a page or two on the lions. I live in melbourne and go to most games in brisbane and it just astounds me how little press the lions get. Hird's busted head got more pages in the paper than what the current and very potential next premiers recieve. But then again with mr Darren Can'twright does do the lions articles, and with the access he has to the club I often wonder if he has been to the same game, or if he ever has an inkling to write something positive. He gives every other club more praise than the home town team in the home town paper.
I agree with you 100% buddy.
Least you got his name right ... but I wouldn't give the title of mister ... he doesn't deserve it ... he's a leach. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back