Laird have a case to answer ?

Remove this Banner Ad

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will Laird be under scrutiny for a sling tackle today ?.

Precedent has been set.

I think he’ll be fine. Neale’s head didn’t hit the ground and the sling wasn’t very aggressive

Any footage of the incident (or quarter, timestamp)?

edit: Got it. 3rd quarter, 16:58 on the clock (2:21:54 on Kayo replay)

Last edited:

Will Laird be under scrutiny for a sling tackle today ?.

Precedent has been set.

Almost identical to the Cerra tackle IMO, so I’d say a week.

Haven’t heard a lot about it though (was at the game so didn’t hear the commentators obviously), so I wonder if he’ll get away with it? When would we expect to hear by?

How is he looking for Brownlow votes? The media havent takled about it so he is probably safe.

Wouldn’t think he’s that high, had a few quiet games, and Dawson would likely poll higher the games that he’s played well.

I think he'll be fine but yes he's head did hit the ground. I'm getting sick of Neale suspending blokes with his ability to crumble. The one against gws I think it was, was a complete joke.
I watched it back. You’re correct his head does make contact with the ground. I less sure he’ll be fine but Neales shoulder connects with the turf before his head which should help. No whip motion in the tackle from what I saw. Who knows though

Game is f*cked now, seriously.

He rolled him, and it wasn't a sling or a dump.

Literally 3 players gone for it this week alone. I'm so f*cking sick of it.

And Neale can get f*cked too. Stop hamming it up and going limp everytime you get tackled. I hope brain damage is worth those free kicks you're getting each time.

That's twice now a tackle on Neale has resulted in a suspension. Is it because he's a star of the game the umpires are watching more closely? Is he contributing to it? Because he's a superstar when the opportunity to tackle him comes up do players go a bit harder to make him feel it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is getting out of hand now, players throwing themselves when being tackled is a shocking look for the game. These w***ers making these calls are on par.

Games gone if that’s a week. No double action, no dumping motion, minimal force and he had him around the hips with no arms pinned.

Neale had ample opportunity to protect himself but chose not to so this one doesn’t even come under the “duty of care” bullshit because Laird has done everything he can, aside from not lay the tackle at all.

So it doesn’t actually come under any of their own criteria for it to be considered suspendible. Just the “vibe”

Meanwhile all the snipes and non footballing acts get away with fines every week

Last edited:
Games gone if that’s a week. No double action, no dumping motion, minimal force and he had him around the hips with no arms pinned.

Neale had ample opportunity to protect himself but chose not to so this one doesn’t even come under the “duty of care” bullshit because Laird has done everything he can, aside from not lay the tackle at all.

Meanwhile all the snipes and non footballing acts get away with fines every week

They are trying to get rid of tackling. Game is completely changing due to litigation. Speckies will be next.

Let’s hope this is the line in the sand week where all 4 sling tackles sighted take it to the tribunal and get off.

What happened to having arms pinned to warrant it being dangerous?

By all means rub out the stuart broad type tackles but this is just ridiculous now

Let’s hope this is the line in the sand week where all 4 sling tackles sighted take it to the tribunal and get off.

What happened to having arms pinned to warrant it being dangerous?

By all means rub out the stuart broad type tackles but this is just ridiculous now

The line will keep on moving. Eventually, the tackle will disappear. Clear as day that's the AFL's goal now due to all the concussion litigation.

A reminder that this was also let off. Look at how much more force was involved in that one. Zero consistency

“careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.”
The problem with the MRP is that they’re constantly changing the definitions and parameters of the verdict.

As far as I’m concerned, Neale got up right away and able to play out the game. There was no signs of distress when he stood up. So how on earth can it be categorised as “medium impact”? That should be classified as “minor impact” or “minimal impact”.

Every MRP decision these days seem more like a joke rather than actual intent to stop concussions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back