Laird have a case to answer ?

Remove this Banner Ad

“careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.”
The problem with the MRP is that they’re constantly changing the definitions and parameters of the verdict.

As far as I’m concerned, Neale got up right away and able to play out the game. There was no signs of distress when he stood up. So how on earth can it be categorised as “medium impact”? That should be classified as “minor impact” or “minimal impact”.

Every MRP decision these days seem more like a joke rather than actual intent to stop concussions.

I think the AFL has decided this action will be a one week suspension and just massages the grading to fit.

I'm not convinced is as much to stop concussions as it is to look like (for the purposes of future court cases) they're trying.

We are getting very soft.
Arm wasn't pinned was was used to land on and protect his head.
Wasn't slung or really even slammed.

Considering the players that have been rubbed out over the past couple of weeks, this one seems to be one of the worst......but nothing to see here?

Staggering.
Head didn’t hit the turf.
There’s a few people who haven’t yet got that the AFL has stamped out tackles where the head hits the ground.
None are likely to succeed at the tribunal even though they appear to be good solid tackles.

Neales head wouldn’t of hit the turf either if he hadn’t tried to exaggerate the tackle in order to get a free kick.

Based on the prosecution claiming Parker’s tackle was dangerous due to an arm being pinned I would expect Cerra and Laird to both get off and OMeara to have the week upheld. Not sure what the prosecution can argue in the Laird and Cerra ones when both arms are free.

It’s what should happen anyway

Oliver’s tackle in that clip had a huge potential to cause injury which seems to be the buzz words of the AFL and MRO so far this year.

Yes the head didn’t hit the turf but if we are suspending on potential than surely that had to be looked at least.

Oliver’s tackle in that clip had a huge potential to cause injury which seems to be the buzz words of the AFL and MRO so far this year.

Yes the head didn’t hit the turf but if we are suspending on potential than surely that had to be looked at least.
He plays for a Victorian team. Be real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good result for Football, why has it taken this long for these bans to start getting overturned again though? There’s still so much uncertainty.

Good result for Football, why has it taken this long for these bans to start getting overturned again though? There’s still so much uncertainty.
Fitzey, you need to stick to juvenile trolling in Pies match day threads. You’ve got absolutely no idea when it comes to discussing serious football issues.

Methinks you’ve never aactually been to an
AFL match, much less played the game.

Fitzey, you need to stick to juvenile trolling in Pies match day threads. You’ve got absolutely no idea when it comes to discussing serious football issues.

Methinks you’ve never aactually been to an
AFL match, much less played the game.
So you think this shouldn’t have been overturned? You’re happy seeing players miss weeks for fair tackles that don’t result in injuries? Laird unfortunately couldn’t change the fact Neale played for a free kick. People that think these tackles should result in suspensions are the people I’d say have never been to a match or played a game, I guess that’s where you fit?

Unfortunately, Adelaide will get killed by the umps for the next couple of weeks. Watch this space. Melbourne have been crucified since the Van Rooyen appeal embarrassed the afl.

He plays for a Victorian team. Be real.

...Zach Merrett
...Gary Rohan
...Taylor Adams
...Brad Close
...Will Day
...Nathan Broad

That's off the top of my head, from Vic. There's no bias here - it's completely equal in the AFL's desire to avoid concussion litigation in the future; by any means necessary.

Only reason Oliver got off, is because Parker's head didn't hit the ground and he got straight back up. If he had, he would have got 3+ weeks. That's the only determination here. At least the Laird case is shuffling it back in the other direction - albeit slightly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back