What changes would you like to see in 2024 and beyond?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
I'd like to see a lottery to disincentivize tanking. Perhaps equal ratios for the bottom 4 reducing up to 10th spot.

• Any untouched kick down the line paid "insufficient intent", except inside forward 50
  • Get rid of the touched off the boot rule. The game's hard enough to umpire and would make ARC easier to process decisions.
  • Independent doctors for concussions, data collected and openly reported on all head knocks.

For a start, more meat on the plate, rather than padding it out with spuds and hills of frozen peas. Less MIL visits, and if the ol' warlord must visit, 2 weeks advance warning so certain arrangements can made be made and traps set up. Pocket money, in this day and age, who can possibly live on 100 bucks a week? If we can do a recalculation including CPI for the last 5 years, that would allow me at least a soda pop rather than tap water at Pellegrini's. A final modest request, please only speak when spoken to. It was a firm and fast rule in the 50s and 60s, long unattended now, but should be reapplied for the sake of harmony and freeing the mind. We could establish pre-set moments each day for small talk, say twice in the morning, once in the afternoon, and keep the evenings totally free for tranquility. I am hopeful for three of four, but honestly, two of four would still be a major coup.

Get rid of f/s, academy bids and comp picks. Have a clean draft.

Or keep the flavour but no matching in the first round.

The best 18 kids in the country go to the team who bid on them.

Mine would be no pre-season and more regular season games so there are more double ups.

Mine would be no pre-season and more regular season games so there are more double ups.
Indeed. We're fortunate that we've seen recently a shortened season and this year an additional game. No one gave a crap how many rounds the season went. Just fix it.

Equity in travel would be another. Have 2 teams fly across a continent every 2nd week, while others hop in the Lexus and drive 20 mins is garbage. Not sure why that still exists.

The stand rule is annoying and childish and if you're going to have the ARC then fund it and equip it properly, its now affected 2 finals series, after last years debacle with the umpires call overturned when there was not enough evidence to do so, they then don't overturn this years because it was called a point so no review, absolute amateur hour that ruined this weekends run to the finals for a number of teams and all supporters.

Oh and for gods sake piss off Gill, you're becoming that annoying relative that just wont go away, and when you have a chance to address last weeks ARC debacle you claim nothing to see here, absolute d1ckhead!

This is a really complicated issue. Not as clear cut as scrap completely.
Victorian sides have had the advantage since 1990, taking away now would disadvantage non Victorian sides.

That and the clear salary cap advantages and indefinite home grand final means there should be allowances for non Victorian sides to even things up.

Get rid of the sub.
Have independent doctors for concussion. No strategic subs but two subs. One can only be used for a genuine concussion.

Im against a longer season. Teams pushing hard in the last 5 rounds seem to attract more injuries.

Pre season is more open, experimental and relaxed. Our game goes too long to play more games.

My issue is sides finishing 9-12 are usually good but had some issue for finishing there and then the following season they get a highly favourable draw.

Geelong and Adelaide next season, freo and Essendon also to get favourable draws

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Automatic ban for repeat bitching about umpiring on Bigfooty :)

Oh and even up the Northern Academies to match the rest of the country. That or get rid of the ability to use later picks to select high ranked players. You want a Pick 5 player, get Pick 5 or he goes elsewhere. You can still have priority, but no collating picks to get the player. It's a farce.

North to hopefully win more then 2 games and come July a double header games back to back in Queensland with the Lions on a Saturday or Sunday then Suns maybe a Saturday night game to get out of the Victoria for a couple of weeks

Remove the ruck nomination but not the 3rd man up. Teams will work it out. This should also enable ball-ups and boundary throw-ins to be done faster. The AFL should be all-in because they want the game to be faster.

Any mark or free kick that has the man on the mark outside 50m should not be allowed the 30 second shot clock. I am sick and tired of players milking this situation. It is just time wasting. The AFL should be all-in on this change.

Remove the ruck nomination but not the 3rd man up. Teams will work it out. This should also enable ball-ups and boundary throw-ins to be done faster. The AFL should be all-in because they want the game to be faster.

Any mark or free kick that has the man on the mark outside 50m should not be allowed the 30 second shot clock. I am sick and tired of players milking this situation. It is just time wasting. The AFL should be all-in on this change.
100% agree with the bolded. I would also say that anything goes in a ruck contest except for high contest and clear push in the back. Let them jump into each other, wrestle each other to the ground, hold them off with a straight arm. None of these pathetic free kicks that nobody knows who's free it is. Let the strong players play.
Oh and get rid of the bounce. Too many are being recalled and slowing the game down further.

Watching the Blues GWS game today and I think it's way too complex to officiate touches. Either invest in high resolution high frame rate cameras to cover all angles, or get rid of touched off the boot. I saw the cameras they use in Nascar and they're incredible.

I also think F/S rules need to be looked at. Imagine if Adelaide is sitting top of the competition and Riccuitos boys one by one end up at the Crows and are all elite players.

Watching the Blues GWS game today and I think it's way too complex to officiate touches. Either invest in high resolution high frame rate cameras to cover all angles, or get rid of touched off the boot. I saw the cameras they use in Nascar and they're incredible.

I also think F/S rules need to be looked at. Imagine if Adelaide is sitting top of the competition and Riccuitos boys one by one end up at the Crows and are all elite players.

I would be fuming as a Freo supporter seeing Jasper Fletcher at Brisbane and Ed Allan at the Pies.

Hitting the post is not a point if it goes between the posts.

The second one is harder but make it so that to stop a goal you need to stop it from going over the line or take possession. (basically remove the little finger on the ball as stopping a goal when someone goes to smother) This would also remove the touched play-on situation as well if the ball travels far enough they already ignore this for marks just make it a blanket rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back