Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxx Crosby has arrived.

The Raiders’ second-year defensive end tweeted that he is attending Von Miller’s Pass Rush Summit. The Denver Broncos’ star pass-rusher has been conducting the summer camp for the past several years. He invites the best pass rushers in the NFL to participate and it’s very a prestigious event.

The summit continues Crosby’s Cinderella entry in the NFL. He came into the league as a fourth-round pick out of small-school Eastern Michigan in 2019. But he burst onto the scene with 10 sacks as a rookie. Miller was clearly impressed and extended the invitation to Crosby.

He is now working with and learning from the best of the best including Joey and Nick Bosa and Aaron Donald.

Wednesday morning, Timo Riske of PFF revealed his offensive line rankings for the upcoming season, and the group of Kolton Miller, Richie Incognito, Rodney Hudson, Gabe Jackson, and Trent Brown are where they belong, at the top.
Anchored by Rodney Hudson — the best center in the NFL — the Raiders lead our rankings. The team hasn't lost a starter from their very good 2019 unit, and since continuity matters, that's enough of a reason for us to put them in the top spot. Their only weak link, left tackle Kolton Miller, improved significantly in 2019 and can be expected to further improve to some extent. If everything goes well, there should be no excuses for Derek Carr in 2020.
Several factors weigh into Riske's evaluation, the main ones being: Continuity, superb play and health. Keeping the franchise signal-caller will allow him to target a handful of new weapons, which could result in an explosive offense this season.
Last year's addition of Trent Brown made a noticeable difference on the right side, which Carr made sure to note throughout the season, saying it was his favorite free agent signing of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A report from Denver Broncos insider Cecil Lammey claims that the Las Vegas Raiders are interested in bringing in free agent defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. To be more specific, Jon Gruden is interested in Clowney but GM Mike Mayock and owner Mark Davis are fine with standing pat on the defense.

The rumors swirling around Clowney suggest that he is looking for $17-18 million per year which is more than the Raiders may be willing to spend but given the strange nature of this offseason he may be willing to accept less.

Like this guy if he is healthy. Stats don't look great but he can really upset the whole Oline/QB.

I mean sure, probably a lot of players we would like to bring in, but not sure we are paying him close to what he would want.

Be a bit late for him to be hoping for the money he wants. We can offer him a one year deal tax free and see what happens beyond that.
There are other good Dlinemen still available.

Time for Key to come good.

One of their best acquisitions was signing veteran defensive end Carl Nassib to a moderately-sized deal to be the team’s third defensive end. And in a recent piece by Brad Gagnon of Bleacher Report, he was named the team’s biggest sleeper entering the 2020 season. Take a look at Gagnon’s thoughts on Nassib this season with the Raiders:

Nassib is expected to play a significant role for his $8.4 million average annual salary, but don’t be shocked if he becomes a star. The 2016 third-round pick quietly put up 12.5 sacks, 25 quarterback hits, 20 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles over the last two seasons as a part-time player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and he’s got the tools to produce more than that in the right situation.

At 6’7, 277 pounds, Nassib projects as a player who could play inside at defensive tackle on certain passing downs. That would allow the Raiders to get more speed and athleticism on the field as Clelin Ferrell and Maxx Crosby could stay on the outside. His versatility is another reason why the signing made so much sense as the team should have an easy time getting all three of their defensive ends on the field.

"When I was back in television, doing the draft rankings and everything, I had [Damarious Randall] ranked as the No. 1 free safety coming out of college football that year," Mayock said. "He had played a lot of corner and people were split on where he should play in the NFL. When I called him for the first time in the offseason about signing him as a free agent, the first thing I did was remind him to go check my old college ranking and see where I had him. He started laughing and said, 'Mayock I know exactly where you had me, that's why we're on the phone right now.'"
Mayock had Randall ranked higher than Landon Collins (No. 2), Shaq Thompson (No. 3), Quinten Rollins (No. 4), and Jaquiski Tartt (No. 5), and even though Collins has appeared in more Pro Bowls, Randall has outproduced him in interceptions and passes defensed.
The 27-year-old defensive back has played for the Green Bay Packers and Cleveland Browns over his five seasons in the league, totaling 14 interceptions and 47 passes defensed across 56 starts. Mayock hopes that he can bring a unique level of athleticism to the Raiders and form a dynamic one-two punch with Abram.

Veteran running back Jeremy Hill confirmed reports on Sunday that he has signed with the Raiders.

“It’s official I’m a Raider Now,” the 27-year-old posted on Twitter. “#raidernation LETS GET IT.”

The former Bengal and Patriot has been added to the backfield mix days after Devontae Booker was placed on the COVID-19 list.

Hill has not played in the NFL since suffering a torn ACL in the 2018 season opener for the Patriots. He had four rushes for 25 yards and one catch for 6 yards before the injury, which was the extent of his production in New England after signing a one-year deal for $1.5 million.

The Louisiana State product had most of his success in Cincinnati, where he was a second-round pick of the Bengals in 2014. Hill started 43 games with the Bengals over four seasons, racking up 2,873 yards rushing and 30 total touchdowns.

He is a proven weapon at the goal line, scoring 11 touchdowns in 2015.

The Las Vegas Raiders didn't cut defensive tackle P.J. Hall after all, but he's still no longer part of the organization.
After informing Hall today that he was being released, Las Vegas traded the former second-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings for a conditional seventh-rounder in 2021, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The Vikings later confirmed the trade.
The pick is contingent upon Hall being on the roster for a certain number of games.
The Raiders planned to cut Hall after just two seasons with the club.

And with Hall failing his physical in Minnesota, the trade didn't go through and Hall was subsequently cut by LV.

With Booker coming off the covid list, newly signed RB Jeremy Hill was cut.

One week until training camp properly starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back