Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

The Raiders made a massive commitment to Brown in the form of a three-year contract extension with more than $30 million guaranteed.
They weren’t ready to commit to a deal with the Steelers when initial talks included premium draft picks. Once Brown’s proposed deal with Buffalo fell through, and the Raiders learned they could get the NFL’s most productive receiver over the past six years for third- and fifth-round draft picks, it changed everything.

Brown’s work ethic is so revered it’s almost become cliche. He employs his own chef, his own trainer and is convinced he has the ability to impose his will on any opponent.

Whatever personality quirks Brown displayed in Pittsburgh are in coach Jon Gruden’s eyes dwarfed by someone who has a passion about football that matches his own. After one play last week in practice, a play which didn’t go in Brown’s direction, Gruden called his wide receiver over for a chat. He placed his arms on Brown’s shoulder pads, looked into his eyes, and the two discussed the play. Brown nodded enthusiastically and went on to the next snap.
It’s the same way Gruden pushed Tim Brown when he arrived in 1998, and the way he consistently bent the ear of Jerry Rice, who came to Oakland in 2000 after a bitter breakup with the 49ers. Each man had an established resume that would lead to the Hall of Fame, similar to what Brown is assembling through nine seasons.
Yet rather than pushing the other receivers and leaving Rice and Tim Brown alone, Gruden challenged them to be even better. Antonio Brown is getting the same treatment.

“He challenged me from the meeting room to the field, lining me up at all kinds of positions,” Brown said. “Hurrying up the offensive tempo to see if I’m able to mentally pick up what I’m doing, lining up really fast. Never a dull day with Coach. Always challenging, always high-energy, and always detailed fundamentals.”

Even to the untrained eye, Brown gets after it at practice on a different level than just about everyone else, and more than just the receivers will have to keep up.

Quarterback Derek Carr will hear about it when Brown is open and doesn’t get the ball, particularly if the ball goes somewhere else for minimal yardage or falls incomplete. And that’s not a bad thing, it’s a good thing.
The two have already seemed to bond, working out together at various East Bay sites to get on the same page. Keep in mind Brown’s problems with quarterback Ben Roethislberger didn’t bubble to the surface until his ninth year.
“Playing football, you get mentally tired, you get frustrated,” Brown said. “You always want to have respect for the guy to know what he’s coming from, know what he stands for, know what’s important to him so you can be on the same page and do what you desire to do. And we desire to win.”

Bay area news group

Oakland Raiders to be on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

The Move. You may have heard that the Raiders are relocating to Vegas in the next year or so. It will be interesting to see how thoroughly "Hard Knocks" hits this angle. Personally, I'd prefer we don't get the obligatory segment where front office officials travel to Vegas to check in on the progress of new stadium construction -- but this feels like something the Raiders will want to promote. I'd much rather "Hard Knocks" focus on the loyal Bay Area fans who have stuck with a team they know is leaving them. That's a special kind of loyalty no fan should have to deal with.

the documentation of this Raiders team will be a gift from the content gods, and the loyal fans living in the Bay Area who are being abandoned for sandier pastures in Las Vegas are the sacrifice.

I'm not usually big on these things coz the designs end up being bad but I like this

View attachment 702030

I like the design but I really like that there are going to be variations of that design for every home game to honour the various aspects of the 60 year history. The Raiders have always honoured their past very well and this will be no different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love these guys

Running back Josh Jacobs, one of the team’s three first-round picks in April, is the only Raiders draft pick still unsigned and league sources say the negotiations have not been going well. There is a growing sentiment that Jacobs will not be at camp when rookies report on July 23. (The official start of camp — when the veterans report — is three days later.)

- Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown announced Monday night that he had reached a settlement in an incident from April 2018 in which he allegedly yelled at security and threw items off a South Florida apartment balcony.
"The legal dispute between Ophir Sternberg and me has been resolved, with a confidential sum of funds being donated to charity," Brown wrote on Twitter. "I am sorry that an incident occurred. I apologize for any statements we made in court filings or otherwise to Mr. Sternberg and family. I wish Mr. Sternberg my best with regard to future endeavors and through this settlement, seek to make amends with Mr. Sternberg and family."

Gotta love these guys

Running back Josh Jacobs, one of the team’s three first-round picks in April, is the only Raiders draft pick still unsigned and league sources say the negotiations have not been going well. There is a growing sentiment that Jacobs will not be at camp when rookies report on July 23. (The official start of camp — when the veterans report — is three days later.)

This aged well lol

The NFL has suspended Oakland Raiders guard Richie Incognito two games for violating the personal conduct policy, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
The discipline is the result of Incognito's role in an April incident at an Arizona funeral home following his father's death. Incognito was arrested and subsequently plead guilty to disorderly conduct.

Gotta love these guys

Lots of dramarama coz a rookie doesnt sign for us. 10 days later for the donkeys just a normal news day.

Second-round quarterback Drew Lock agreed to terms with Denver on his rookie deal on Wednesday, a source told NFL Network's James Palmer. The rookie QB was the last member of the Broncos' 2019 draft class to sign after guard Dalton Risner inked his deal on Tuesday.

Lots of dramarama coz a rookie doesnt sign for us. 10 days later for the donkeys just a normal news day.

Second-round quarterback Drew Lock agreed to terms with Denver on his rookie deal on Wednesday, a source told NFL Network's James Palmer. The rookie QB was the last member of the Broncos' 2019 draft class to sign after guard Dalton Risner inked his deal on Tuesday.
Not the starter, not a first rounder. Also an Elway selected QB so not relevant :moustache:

BARRY WILNER
AP Football Writer
Jon Gruden, Larry Fitzgerald and Alex Morgan have reached the summit of their professions. They all recognize the need for strong grass-roots sports programs, and they are doing something about it.

Working with DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation, the three have pledged to provide access to sports for 1 million youngsters over the next five years. DICK'S will match up to $1 million in donations made by customers its foundation.
"It's a story we all know too well," says Gruden, the Oakland Raiders coach. "Kids can't afford to play and coaches can't afford to coach. It's a horrible and devastating problem. DICK'S is working to change that for a million kids and I love being a part of it."

MGM Resorts International has pivoted on its view of being at the doorstep of the 65,000-seat Las Vegas stadium scheduled to open next year.
MGM Chairman and CEO Jim Murren told investors in an earnings conference call Thursday that his company intends to offer pre-game and post-game tailgating experiences before events at the $1.9 billion stadium being built by a subsidiary of the Oakland Raiders.
“The Las Vegas home of the Raiders’ stadium continues to shift the center of gravity down to the mid-to-southern end of the Las Vegas Strip,” Murren said. “The Raiders’ stadium will be a catalyst for our south Strip resorts, especially Mandalay Bay, as we will take full advantage of its location by hosting the most awesome tailgating experience before and after all of the events at the stadium.”
Switch from September
The company took a different stance in September.
When the Raiders detailed their parking strategy of establishing four satellite parking lots and busing fans to the stadium to the Clark County Commission and the Las Vegas Stadium Authority, MGM president and authority board member Bill Hornbuckle said company officials feared that fans would instead want to park close to the stadium and “choke out” MGM customers.
“Despite that what would be perceived as an opportunity, I still remain … concerned by where we ended up,” Hornbuckle said at the time.

Float like a butterfly sting like A.B.

Antonio Brown announced his arrival to his first training camp with the Oakland Raiders by taking a hot air balloon ride above Napa Valley, per a video released by Oakland.
"I thought it would be exciting to switch it up. Napa Valley is obviously known for the hot air balloons," Brown said in the clip. "This camp is so important for this team because it's a lot at stake. We kind of have to develop our identity. I think it all starts there with the commitment from guys there and everyone there understanding the reason we there and why they're putting their hand in the pile to make the raiders great again. It starts today."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back