Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't bring in any more WRs. They're very happy with who they have there. They don't need a dominant #2 WR considering Waller and Moreau will see plenty of snaps and Jacobs will get his fair share of catches as well.

Regarding safety, it's a position where we have a fair bit of depth. Riley will come in and start. Leavitt should be active given his prowess on special teams. Harris will be the 3rd safety. I reckon we may add one next week.

Exciting game coming up. I think this game will be a bit closer than many expect.

Lincoln_Kennedy2.jpg

Lincoln Kennedy
Chester_McGlockton.jpg

Chester McGlockton
GregTownsend1.jpg

Greg Townsend
Steve_Wisniewski2.jpg

All these guys are up for HoF. Vote early, vote often

Minkah Fitzpatrick's frustration with his usage in Miami has led to the defensive back seeking a trade away from the sinking Dolphins.
The Miami brass has given agent Joel Segal permission to seek a trade, and he is making calls to other teams, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero confirmed.

The Dolphins made the Alabama product the No. 11 pick in the 2018 draft. Given how rookie contracts are structured, Miami has already paid out much of his deal, which could mean a bargain for any team who trades for the final three years of the deal (or four years with the fifth-year team option on first-rounders).

They won't bring in any more WRs. They're very happy with who they have there. They don't need a dominant #2 WR considering Waller and Moreau will see plenty of snaps and Jacobs will get his fair share of catches as well.

Regarding safety, it's a position where we have a fair bit of depth. Riley will come in and start. Leavitt should be active given his prowess on special teams. Harris will be the 3rd safety. I reckon we may add one next week.

Exciting game coming up. I think this game will be a bit closer than many expect.

Ahhh Curtis Riley...this "effort" is why he no longer plays for the Giants

Mahomes is a freak.

I'm not sure what to make of us after today. I think we are a much better team than last year but there are still some glaring holes. I'm concerned about Joyner. He looked bog average last week and was worse today. I'm not as concerned about the safety spot because there is only one Mahomes and thus those deep balls aren't going to be the same against other teams.

On offense I'm angry that Tyrell didn't put up a fight on the Card goal line interception. But I'm pissed that Carr audibled to that in the first place given that we were running the ball well. The 2ns interception should have been defensive pass interference. How you can be blocking when you are the primary target on the route i have no bloody idea.

Carr to the Ref on the 2nd INT, 'Excuse me Sir, why would I throw to the blocking receiver'? Ref just walked off.

Too polite, gotta call them corrupt or something like that to get their attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carr to the Ref on the 2nd INT, 'Excuse me Sir, why would I throw to the blocking receiver'? Ref just walked off.

He had a point though. And if you actually listen to the quote and watched the in game footage, you'll see how pissed Carr was from that INT.

What is abundantly clear is that we lack a #2 wideout to take pressure off Williams and Waller in the pass game. I don't think it helped when both Williams and Jacobs had issues that required them missing time during the game either. We don't have much depth as it is and are truly stretched when a few injuries hit us.

I really hope Trent Brown is ok because he makes this offensive line go. Brandon Parker is a bust. At least Kolton Miller held his own against Frank Clark today.

There are plenty of pieces here we just need to put it all together. I'd be concerned if this game was against a scrub, but it was against imo the best team in the league.

Was expecting better:

Lamarcus Joyner was thrown at 15 times and has given up 14 completions. Only giving up a 93% completetion %. Well worth the 10+ million he's making. Raiders have given up 51 completions. 28% of the completed passes are on Joyner.

We aren't doing that bad, kept them scoreless for 3 quarters. Penalties and some mistakes on the D hurt us. Some good signs of improvement with players.

Raiders DE @Benny_b0y10's 3.5 sacks through the first two weeks of the season are fifth-most in franchise history since sacks became an official stat in 1982.

Most by a Raider through Week 2 since 1993.

Add in the Raiders’ untimely offensive struggles – “we just lost our rhythm,” Gruden said – and Sunday might stand as bad as it gets for the Silver and Black in 2019.
The NFL schedule makers aren’t making it easy for them to bounce back, though. The Raiders will now head on the road for a five-game, two-continent road trip that features three playoff teams from last year, as well as the Vikings and Packers. Good teams, all of them.
Going into this season-defining stretch, I don’t think we’ve seen anything disqualifying from the Raiders.
They are what we thought they were. A capable offense and an always-in-question defense.
That’s not a slight. That can get you pretty far in this era’s NFL.

Don't sleep on Gruden trying to acquire Jalen Ramsey. They tried to get him 12 months ago. Would fill the biggest hole on defense.

A bloke with an attitude I could completely get behind. 👍

Heard Louis Riddick saying he reckons the 9ers might go after him too.

Don't sleep on Gruden trying to acquire Jalen Ramsey. They tried to get him 12 months ago. Would fill the biggest hole on defense.
Would we give up a first + for him? What is his contract status I wonder? Guess we have some free AB cash around.

Would we give up a first + for him? What is his contract status I wonder? Guess we have some free AB cash around.

Jacksonville want a first and change, but I think a 1st gets it done. Given that we have 2 first rounders, we could easily add him.

Ramsey is a free agent at the end of the 2020 season, but we all know with superstar players like him that he would get a new contract well before then. I expect that he would get a new deal with whatever team trades for him.

We also have roughly 85 million in cap space heading into next off-season, and more than 15 million in space right now, so we could accommodate a new contract for him right away.

The Raiders find themselves in the driver’s seat to contend in the potential bidding war to land Ramsey. Oakland has two 2020 first-round picks, $27 million in cap space for the 2019 season and $91 million for 2020.

Another intriguing aspect of Ramsey going to the Raiders – he suggested in early August that Las Vegas is one of his ideal playing spots.

Trading the Bears first for Ramsey makes perfect sense and we have more than enough to re-sign him.

We won't trade for him without giving him a new contract. That's what I expect no matter who trades for him.

I think this will happen pretty soon though. Jacksonville play Thursday night and I've heard they want him gone by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back