Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Max is happy to spend time with fans taking photos etc.

The awards and notoriety just keep coming for Raiders’ defensive end Maxx Crosby. After his dominant performance on Sunday against the Bengals, the 2019 fourth-round pick from Eastern Michigan was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his game in Week 11.

Maxx spends lots of time with the fans. He's a really good bloke.

In fact, the entire rookie class are full of high character guys. There really aren't any bad eggs in that group. It's why I'm confident that these guys are going to be successful building blocks in the long run.

Stack another solid rookie class together this off season, see the current young guys develop into their 2nd year in the pros, and then add another 4-5 impact free agents with our 80ish million in cap space. We really could be a STACKED team next year going into Vegas.

NFL's most run-heavy teams, based on first-down plays:
1. Raiders 63.8%
2. 49ers 63.2%
3. Ravens 61.6%
4. Titans 57.5%
5. Broncos 57.5%

I thought we went too much with the run in the last game especially with Jacobs having a bad shoulder. Bengals have a very good, experienced Dline and with our Oline not having the best day we should have looked more for Waller, Williams and Moreau who can get open and have good hands. Also have Renfrow who is a diefortheball kind of guy.

We are going to have to do better the next few games

I was looking at Charlie Campbell's 2020 mock draft on WalterFootball yesterday, would love to get these 2 guys with our first 2 picks :-

14. Oakland Raiders: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson
The Raiders could use a linebacker upgrade, and Simmons would be a great scheme fit foor them.

In 2019, Simmons has 69 tackles with six sacks, one forced fumble, an interception and three passes broken up. He collected 89 tackles with six passes broken up and one interception in 2018. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Simmons is a sideline-to-sideline run defender who is fast and physical. He has good instincts and is a hard hitter. He also covers well in pass coverage while being able to contribute to the pass rush as a dangerous blitzer. Simmons is a tough run defender who flies around the field and is a physical tackler. His best fit for the NFL would come as a Will linebacker. Team sources told me they have been impressed with Simmons

17. Oakland Raiders: CeeDee Lamb Jr., WR, Oklahoma
The Raiders could use No. 1 receiver for Jon Gruden's offense and Lamb's size and route-running make him a great fit for Gruden.

In 2019, Lamb has 44 receptions for 983 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also has a rushing touchdown. Lamb didn't get the attention of teammate Hollywood Brown, but Lamb was very good for the Sooners in 2018. On the year, he hauled in 65 receptions for 1,158 yards with 11 touchdowns.

Team sources say that Lamb has the body and physique of a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. They say he has great hands, runs good routes, and is a polished receiver. Lamb makes some ridiculous catches that are reminiscent of DeAndre Hopkins and Odell Beckham Jr. His body control, concentration, and ability to adjust are tremendous, and they put him in position to make a lot of difficult receptions. After the catch, Lamb is very dangerous with the ball in his hands, showing elusiveness and physicality as a runner. NFL evaluators love Lamb's run-after-the-catch skills, and some compare him to Davante Adams as a prospect entering the NFL. While he has good size, Lamb does not have mismatch speed according to team evaluators, and they've said he could be a 4.55 guy in the 40-yard dash. Lamb is not overly fast, but he uses polished footwork and some suddenness to create separation. His route-running generates separation and makes up for the lack of elite speed.

This article about Simmons is worth a read :-

Thoughts on these guys Chewy316 , any other prospects that would be a great fit?

I was looking at Charlie Campbell's 2020 mock draft on WalterFootball yesterday, would love to get these 2 guys with our first 2 picks :-

14. Oakland Raiders: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson
The Raiders could use a linebacker upgrade, and Simmons would be a great scheme fit foor them.

In 2019, Simmons has 69 tackles with six sacks, one forced fumble, an interception and three passes broken up. He collected 89 tackles with six passes broken up and one interception in 2018. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Simmons is a sideline-to-sideline run defender who is fast and physical. He has good instincts and is a hard hitter. He also covers well in pass coverage while being able to contribute to the pass rush as a dangerous blitzer. Simmons is a tough run defender who flies around the field and is a physical tackler. His best fit for the NFL would come as a Will linebacker. Team sources told me they have been impressed with Simmons

17. Oakland Raiders: CeeDee Lamb Jr., WR, Oklahoma
The Raiders could use No. 1 receiver for Jon Gruden's offense and Lamb's size and route-running make him a great fit for Gruden.

In 2019, Lamb has 44 receptions for 983 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also has a rushing touchdown. Lamb didn't get the attention of teammate Hollywood Brown, but Lamb was very good for the Sooners in 2018. On the year, he hauled in 65 receptions for 1,158 yards with 11 touchdowns.

Team sources say that Lamb has the body and physique of a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. They say he has great hands, runs good routes, and is a polished receiver. Lamb makes some ridiculous catches that are reminiscent of DeAndre Hopkins and Odell Beckham Jr. His body control, concentration, and ability to adjust are tremendous, and they put him in position to make a lot of difficult receptions. After the catch, Lamb is very dangerous with the ball in his hands, showing elusiveness and physicality as a runner. NFL evaluators love Lamb's run-after-the-catch skills, and some compare him to Davante Adams as a prospect entering the NFL. While he has good size, Lamb does not have mismatch speed according to team evaluators, and they've said he could be a 4.55 guy in the 40-yard dash. Lamb is not overly fast, but he uses polished footwork and some suddenness to create separation. His route-running generates separation and makes up for the lack of elite speed.

This article about Simmons is worth a read :-

Thoughts on these guys Chewy316 , any other prospects that would be a great fit?

the Raiders are desperate to add a linebacker. This has led many fans to start clamoring for Mike Mayock to pull the trigger and grab Clemson’s Isaiah Simmons with their top pick, but it doesn’t look like Simmons will be available with either of the Raiders’ first-round choices.

Florida State’s Hamsah Nasirildeen brings a lot of the same traits as Simmons, but he is more of a project and thus, could be nabbed later on in the draft. Nasirildeen is a 6-foot-4, 215 pound junior who lines up at safety for Florida State, but his tools and build make him an obvious candidate for a switch to a hybrid coverage linebacker spot.
Size, play speed, ability to attack downhill and coverage acumen are the major selling points for Nasirildeen. He diagnoses plays well and gets downfield in a hurry to meet ball carriers and stop them in their tracks. He’s always around the ball and getting in on plays. Nasirildeen racked up a ridiculous 22 tackles against Boston College two weeks ago, following up a 17 tackle showing against Syracuse two weeks prior.

In coverage, Nasirildeen mans up tight ends and big-bodied wide receivers well, staying in phase and running hip-to-hip while using his size and length to limit passing windows. His zone coverage instincts and ability to close on receivers and stonewall them after the catch is intriguing when projecting him to play curl/flat responsibilities.
His balls skills are by no means elite as he is more concerned with playing his man and breaking up passes than gambling to make a play on the ball. But his long arms and speed allow him to rack up pass deflections.

He would instantly give the Raiders a chess piece to deplore against divisional tight ends Travis Kelce, Hunter Henry and Noah Fant in coverage and could line up in the slot or at safety. Raiders defensive coordinator Paul Guenther has been limited in his ability to mix defensive personnel on the field, which has made Oakland’s defense more predictable than he’d like.
Nasirildeen may be no Isaiah Simmons, but his tools, versatility and high ceiling make him a very promising prospect. If he runs particularly well at the combine, he could discussed as a late first-round pick.

We have been done often by Kelce and other TEs. Time for some action.

With six weeks remaining in the 2019 NFL regular season, which players are generating the most buzz for the Comeback Player of the Year award? Around the NFL's Chris Wesseling examines the league's best candidates heading into Week 12:

Darren Waller

TE
Raiders

More than a mere creation of the drama machine at HBO, Waller was on the radar of fantasy football's dynasty league owners long before the summer 2019 edition of Hard Knocks captured him rattling off the list of drugs he abused while wasting the first few years of a promising pro career. Not long before the Raiders signed him off the Ravens' practice squad last November, Waller conceded he had given up hope and felt like he was going to die at his lowest point while serving out a second lengthy NFL suspension. A year later, Waller is a newly minted multi-millionaire and a breakout star for Jon Gruden's surprising 6-4 Raiders. The great-grandson of New Orleans jazz legend Fats Waller, this converted wideout is on pace for 90 receptions, 1,066 yards and a well-deserved Pro Bowl appearance as Derek Carr's go-to receiver.

Waller’s dynamic athleticism already was on tape after a series of 2018 lightning strikes after being signed off Baltimore's practice squad. This season, he has proven a dominant force demanding your respect. He’s a tenacious run blocker. He can play in-line, outside and in the slot. He’s too fast for linebackers and too big for most cornerbacks and safeties.
Waller was virtually impossible to stop early this season, even as a primary target working with a receiving corps in early-season shambles.
Defenses have grown tired of Waller’s dominance, especially after he torched Green Bay for 126 yards and two touchdowns on seven receptions. Now they regularly are throwing additional coverage his way. They are trying to take him out of the equation, to make other Raiders beat them.
Waller’s efficiency dipped considerably after midseason, but it’s on the rise again as Waller has worked hard to counter to defensive adjustments.
“There’s technique involved, but it’s more so a mindset,” Waller said in an interview with NBC Sports Bay Area. “When you are getting extra coverage thrown your way, it’s easy to just say, ‘I’m eliminated. Other guys have to step up.’ If you are playing really well, teams are going to do that. You need to have an attacking mindset and be determined to find or create space to make a play. You can’t settle or take a play off or assume a play’s over for me based upon what they’re doing. I have to believe that I can get open. It’s a mindset.”

Waller went over the previous game against the Bengals, where he had five catches for 78 yards on seven targets against varied coverage. There were instances he cited where he beat tough coverage, where he was getting hit at the line of scrimmage then working through intermediate coverage while maintaining proper timing. There were other moments where he properly found a soft spot in zone coverage and sat in it perfectly to make catches. And, on occasion, whether Gruden schemed him into a favorable matchup or if the Bengals defense was in a tough spot, Waller occasionally got matched up one-on-one in man coverage. He smoked a safety for 32 yards. He beat a linebacker, armed with a two-way go, to get the Raiders near the goal line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was not convinced we would win, but also thought we were possibly not quite that stinky. Guess a let down was on the cards.

Was arguing with a friend this morning about this team. You've summed it up pretty well there.

Every team has its ups and downs over the course of a season. With the exception of the Patriots, few teams ever consistently produce every single game. And even then the Patriots aren't faultless in that aspect.

Today was a mess, but over the collective 11 games played so far this year, this is an outlier. I would never make any judgments on this team solely based on today. If one were to do that, they might as well say to blow up the entire team.

Was arguing with a friend this morning about this team. You've summed it up pretty well there.

Every team has its ups and downs over the course of a season. With the exception of the Patriots, few teams ever consistently produce every single game. And even then the Patriots aren't faultless in that aspect.

Today was a mess, but over the collective 11 games played so far this year, this is an outlier. I would never make any judgments on this team solely based on today. If one were to do that, they might as well say to blow up the entire team.
Would be easy to be really angry about it, and I am a bit, but part of it is that all through the media the last week they have had tyres pumped beyond reality really, so it does give a false sense of how good the team is when that happens. We didnt play all that well last week against a very average winless team, so the writing was on the wall. I guess we see if this is a reality check loss.

Jets are a good team with a s**t coach. Let me rephrase, have good talent on their squad. They should be far better than their record is this year. It was about time they showed what they are capable of.

Would be easy to be really angry about it, and I am a bit, but part of it is that all through the media the last week they have had tyres pumped beyond reality really, so it does give a false sense of how good the team is when that happens. We didnt play all that well last week against a very average winless team, so the writing was on the wall. I guess we see if this is a reality check loss.

Couldn't agree more, you guys haven't been playing very well lately, particularly on offense.

Couldn't agree more, you guys haven't been playing very well lately, particularly on offense.

Injuries to the O-Line has really hurt (Trent Brown, Jackson and Hudson are all playing through significant injuries). Tyrell Williams is showing why he's a #2 receiver at best. I love Waller, but he needs help around him too.

They're a team right now who needs to play near perfect to be competitive and to win. Today they had a few errors and things just spiralled out of control.

By no means am I using this as an excuse, but it got out of hand extremely quickly today. It really only takes a few plays. The roughing the passer call on Hurst gifts the Jets a touchdown instead of a field goal. The missed field goal from Carlson. The pick 6 from Carr on the first play of a drive after the D had just given up a touchdown.

When it rains, it pours.

Does that ref get sacked for that. Hopeless.

I'm not sure how it works. The NFL will privately tell the Raiders that the ref screwed up. I assume there is some sort of discipline but it's not much more than a slap on the wrist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back