Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandbelt ream Eastern Ranges in the final of Region Sides Championships in Traralgon. Atrocious weather never really affected the quality of bowls, just a matter of who coped with it best.

Sandbelt ream Eastern Ranges in the final of Region Sides Championships in Traralgon. Atrocious weather never really affected the quality of bowls, just a matter of who coped with it best.
Went over Gippsland for comps last year and found the greens completely slow compared to ours.
At warrnambool our comp has every green running at 16+

And again with the NZ Premier League, a distinct lack of atmosphere at the venue which is a proper bowls club this time. Didn't really affect the standard of bowls which was excellent as always. Not even the theatrics of Wilson could get the crowd up and about.

After seeing the new facility at Moama BC, they could easily cater for the BPL as early as next year.
Absolutely brilliant.
New City of Geelong got the once over by my good self on the weekend and its gonna be the best thing for geelong bowls.
Hope every club in the district supports it.

And again with the NZ Premier League, a distinct lack of atmosphere at the venue which is a proper bowls club this time. Didn't really affect the standard of bowls which was excellent as always. Not even the theatrics of Wilson could get the crowd up and about.
The atmosphere when it's in NZ is ordinary at best, really adds to the event with the crowd and the can bar etc at Pine Rivers.... Moama could obviously afford to host the event, wouldn't suprise to see them try land it

The atmosphere when it's in NZ is ordinary at best, really adds to the event with the crowd and the can bar etc at Pine Rivers.... Moama could obviously afford to host the event, wouldn't suprise to see them try land it
Played at State Pennant last week and the facility at Moama is magnificent. They have a show rink which will accommodate the stars, bars everywhere and a knowledgeable audience. Not to say that NZ's wasn't, but Moama have held Tests there so they should have a look at hosting.

No but currently at Evans Head fishing snorkeling walking and bowling.
Northern NSW and QLD are amazing places to winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone partake in the Australian Open recently?
Not me, but a few from our club have gone over the last couple of years. They love it, make a holiday of it. It really shows up how far behind WA is compared to other states - very few make it past the first round, with the notable exception of Kristina Krstic, I think no-one else made it even into the last 32 in any event.

One of the best bowlers in Western Australia - Daniel Patterson - was killed in a workplace accident late on Wednesday night. He was 28 years old, had been married for a year and had a three month old son Just heartbreaking.

Danno had won the state fours and triples and been runner-up in singles and pairs. He'd played for WA since he was 21-22, been runner-up in national champion of champion singles and beaten world number 2 Robert Paxton in a World Bowls Tour event in Scotland. A huge talent, and someone totally dedicated to the sport.

He came from a bowling family - his dad and uncle have been members at Bassendean for 40-odd years, both spending many years in the club's top side - while his brother Stephen played in the Australian Defence Form team and Premier league whenever he was in town.

On a personal note, Danno was the one who showed me around the club when I joined, and was always willing to practice and offer assistance and praise. He was a fierce competitor on the green but always wanted to chat and have a laugh off it.

A sad loss for his family, his clubs and the bowling fraternity at large.

In my first season of bowls and loving it so far. A lot more competitive than I thought it would be. How is everyone's season going?

Some of the old campaigners can be quiet competitive.

What level are you playing?

Fwiw l'm not playing competitive bowls l might have a crack at it next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back