Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

He would be clearly the best ruck to move clubs this off-season other than Brodie Grundy who has other baggage.

I’ve always been a wrap for Soldo and think he will thrive as the big banana.

Personally always thought trading Duursma was the trigger to go after Soldo. I'd personally be happy with just Sweet and keep a second round draft pick. We're going to need to take at least 2 picks + a rookie or two, no point stacking up on pick 100 tier players when we're bringing in all this depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chris Davies FC - plugging list holes circa 2 years after they arise since 2003
Plugging list holes while creating new ones elsewhere.

There are four unsealable holes in the PAFC bucket, dear Christoph. The first three are named David, Matthew and Ken. You are the last one.

We need a completely new bucket without those four holes.

I would rather get one of soldo or sweet and keep Hayes and go with

Sweet , Hayes , Dante as our rucks

But if we’re dead set on ditching both Hayes and lycett than soldo and sweet makes sense as going with just sweet and Dante is a bit risky.

I would not want us to pay much for soldo

He’s a free agent next year and at his age and output his free agency would not even get Richmond a compo pick at all. They would lose him for zero.

The guy played something like 8 games last year.

We shouldn’t have anything beyond clurey / 4th / maybe 3rd round / mead on the table for him.

The danger is that Richmond just go meh, we would rather keep him as depth for a year and lose him for nothing next year for that price.

I would rather get one of soldo or sweet and keep Hayes and go with

Sweet , Hayes , Dante as our rucks

But if we’re dead set on ditching both Hayes and lycett than soldo and sweet makes sense as going with just sweet and Dante is a bit risky.

I would not want us to pay much for soldo

He’s a free agent next year and at his age and output his free agency would not even get Richmond a compo pick at all. They would lose him for zero.

The guy played something like 8 games last year.

We shouldn’t have anything beyond clurey / 4th / maybe 3rd round / mead on the table for him.

The danger is that Richmond just go meh, we would rather keep him as depth for a year and lose him for nothing next year for that price.
All Clubs will be chasing free agents next year; this year Jason has convinced him to come to Port, let's go for it.

Even though Port needs for a big defender is well known, our need to an Ace ruckman is far greater.
Hence we threw everything at Grundy (alas his missus did not see her medical career progressing in SA).

I hope we can get Soldo to the Club and then front end Esava's contract, and risk a walk in the main draft.
Just like how the Blues dragged Martin out of the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back