Roast Leon Davis

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, I know here we go again but I dont understand why Mick is persisting with this spud. It would be better for the team if we dropped him and only had 21 players on the field. He is just absolutely useless.

I know, I know here we go again but I dont understand why Mick is persisting with this spud. It would be better for the team if we dropped him and only had 21 players on the field. He is just absolutely useless.

I find you use of the word spud disgusting and totally anti collingwood spirit

Dick's shoulder would have to be the only thing that may help him retain his spot. I don't care how much he is trying, if I played AFL I would try too.

Spot on.

One of the few capable of kicking the ball effectively to a leading target.

Is struggling clearly ATM.

Thats more to do with us having so many poor kicks than anything. Doesnt work hard enough and only wants to do the flashy things. Not to much in the VFL thats the problem.

Played a shocker and is in bad form but if you're going to be labeling our players spuds take it to Bay 13. You also labeled Ben Reid a spud once upon a time so I don't think your judgment all that great anyway.

Yes he had a shocker tonight... but IMO this was a good shocker by Leon.

You couldn't question his effort tonight, he just didn't take the ball cleanly and everytime he got the ball it turned to sh1t but he was getting to the right spots and puting pressure on.

If he keeps up that intencity and effort them I'm sure things will click for him.

Played a shocker and is in bad form but if you're going to be labeling our players spuds take it to Bay 13. You also labeled Ben Reid a spud once upon a time so I don't think your judgment all that great anyway.

Maybe spud is a little too harsh. Its just so frustrating watching Leon play as I know what he is capable of and he is so out of form at the moment. He really should be playing VFL.

Yes he had a shocker tonight... but IMO this was a good shocker by Leon.

You couldn't question his effort tonight, he just didn't take the ball cleanly and everytime he got the ball it turned to sh1t but he was getting to the right spots and puting pressure on.

If he keeps up that intencity and effort them I'm sure things will click for him.

Couldn't agree more. Really tried tonight but couldn't take a trick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the general consensus is that he's got upside and the "potential" to be awesome etc etc, but he's struggling. Why the hell's he still getting a game then? You find for in the two's, not the seniors.

Will stay in next week just because Dicky got injured.There could be one spot up the grabs for someone in the VFL tomorrow to stake their claim. I'd think it would be between Medders and Roundsy. Hope Medhurst fires tomorrow or else he'll never get back in again this year.

Cannot understand how anyone can defend Leon Davis anymore.

"Down on form"
"Struggling"
"Had no luck"
"Great upside when he hits his straps"
"Good effort but couldn't take it cleanly"

He's been all of the above for more than half the season. He's played one acceptable game against the bulldogs and has shown nothing else.

Surely he needs to be dropped so he can:
- Find form in the vfl.
- Make some luck in the vfl.
- Get some upside and hit his straps in the vfl.
- Put in better effort and take some clean possessions in the vfl.

He won't be dropped because his forward fifty pressure is extremely important.

I would have thought the Lions game would have educated some of our brighter supporters.

Terrible thread. Down on form. Worked hard. Had no luck. End of story.

Just got home from the game. Leon was given plenty of time one out in the forward 50 early on tonight and just seems down on confidence.

Down on form... yes.
Worked hard... yes.
Had no luck... yes.

Ens of story... No

Must be dropped - He must make his own luck. Bring back Meds.

Shouldnt be dropped because there is no one else that could come in. Medhurst has been worse and doesnt deserve to and Rounds isnt consistent during his games in the VFL.

his forward pressure when on is what we need , seems to have lost it completely though, him and medders have both had down seasons imo. we need at least 1 to fire come finals though or we are going to be exposed relying on our midfielders to kick a chunk of the goals or our two talls to kick em.

Cannot understand how anyone can defend Leon Davis anymore.

"Down on form"
"Struggling"
"Had no luck"
"Great upside when he hits his straps"
"Good effort but couldn't take it cleanly"

He's been all of the above for more than half the season. He's played one acceptable game against the bulldogs and has shown nothing else.

Surely he needs to be dropped so he can:
- Find form in the vfl.
- Make some luck in the vfl.
- Get some upside and hit his straps in the vfl.
- Put in better effort and take some clean possessions in the vfl.

Agree with this, but also agreed with jonesy 86 whose post I thought was very intuitive.

Not sure what that actually means, but maybe Leon needs a spell, for Medders, but with Dick sadly out, that may mean another reprieve??

I see Leon as our option to break the zone (he certainly would be if I was coaching). It might help his form a little too if he can watch the ball unfolding in front of him and run onto it. We could use him in the way Melbourne use Davey, Brisbane use Drummond (IMO the best kick of a football since Buckley), Sydney use Malceski, etc. We need someone who can find the pill, mop up and kick with penetration and creativity out of our back half.

People go on about how we use the flanks too much but to use the corridor, you don't need straight kicks in the back half, you need creative straight kicks who can kick it long and with penetration. Leon can work magic off his right boot but it doesn't help if he isn't getting it. Yes you need to drop players out of form but when it comes your best/most damaging players a bit of creative coaching in a bid to try to get them into the game and working to their strengths wouldn't go astray either. Leon is also just as good or a better tackler than any of the players I have mentioned as well.

Dick is going to be out next week so I wouldnt drop Leon purely because of his defensive pressure. We dont seem to have too many players who want to do the hard stuff in the forward line.... I must admit that I dont think Leon revels in tackling the opposition but he does do it..

Medders doesnt do enough work defensively since he got his injured foot. Tarks started the year slow and is losing the race against old age. He just doesnt have the speed to chase in the forward line.

I dont see Leon getting dropped this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back