Stats & History Lesser Known Leagues in Sweet and club comings and goings

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't have been that succinct.

And I stand by it. There's not enough active posters to justify it.
Then you miss the point entirely. The competition has absolutely zero requirement of active posters. They are unnecessary to the goal.

You don't need to compare it.
You don't need to comment on it.
You only need to do it :)
I just wanted to make sure I covered everything.
Then you miss the point entirely. The competition has absolutely zero requirement of active posters. They are unnecessary to the goal.
That was the point in my original pitch in 2013 as well. There would be no need for active posters, because if the player was active they'd be in the SFA. This is just more of an observance league.

And back then when it was one person running and simming it added unnecessary work.

Yes it would need to be someone's pet project that they administer separately, otherwise it adds more work to the folks trying to run the main league.
And back when we cared about form in the sim having someone run it separately to the simmer would have killed it. What's the point in a reserves league that can't call players in form up.

* it's 2011 all over again.

And back when we cared about form in the sim having someone run it separately to the simmer would have killed it. What's the point in a reserves league that can't call players in form up.

fu** it's 2011 all over again.
Yeah form would be a big one for a less- or non-active league. akkaps note that down. If activity isn't relevant, how will teams be selected? You can use the in-game form suggestions.

Yeah form would be a big one for a less- or non-active league. akkaps note that down. If activity isn't relevant, how will teams be selected? You can use the in-game form suggestions.
Oh no no no.

I'm not diving down this rabbit hole again. I'm just stating why I refused it then.

This was the one issue in the the plan, I understand that form does mean something in the sim. But you are dealing with a team full of inactives, so you'd be looking more for the "in-form" players rather than who has been posting for the bigger spots on the field. Maybe the captains bring this into the SFA as well.

So I think the reserves teams would be completely random for the fist few weeks of the season, before captains start clueing in on in-form players. Plus, spots like FF, Rover, etc. don't change all season, for better chance at the MM and Alfie, so unless a drastic change is needed, they would keep their spots.
There would be no need for activity to play a part in selecting the reserves sides, as anyone that posts should be playing in the 1sts team (only captains and suspended players may feature as active players in the 2nds as they make room for other active players).

This was the one issue in the the plan, I understand that form does mean something in the sim. But you are dealing with a team full of inactives, so you'd be looking more for the "in-form" players rather than who has been posting for the bigger spots on the field. Maybe the captains bring this into the SFA as well.

So I think the reserves teams would be completely random for the fist few weeks of the season, before captains start clueing in on in-form players. Plus, spots like FF, Rover, etc. don't change all season, for better chance at the MM and Alfie, so unless a drastic change is needed, they would keep their spots.
There would be no need for activity to play a part in selecting the reserves sides, as anyone that posts should be playing in the 1sts team (only captains and suspended players may feature as active players in the 2nds as they make room for other active players).
I would only have liked this post, but when I saw you say Alfie, it grew into love.
The Sim has a form recording mechanism. It doesn't affect anything in-game, but it IS usable to compare players. There is functionality where you can see a team list, and the players are categorised from bright green to bright red via 5 categories per how they're traveling.

I would only have liked this post, but when I saw you say Alfie, it grew into love.
The Sim has a form recording mechanism. It doesn't affect anything in-game, but it IS usable to compare players. There is functionality where you can see a team list, and the players are categorised from bright green to bright red via 5 categories per how they're traveling.
I have heaps of respect for Fred, but the award will always be the Aflie for me.
I know what you are talking about it the sim. I'm assuming it would be up to the captains to figure this out for themselves for the 2nds team, as to which player is doing better than others. But this would only be an issue if it was one simmer.

I have heaps of respect for Fred, but the award will always be the Aflie for me.
I know what you are talking about it the sim. I'm assuming it would be up to the captains to figure this out for themselves for the 2nds team, as to which player is doing better than others. But this would only be an issue if it was one simmer.
I do notice that you keep referring to a seconds team. I'm not a fan of this. I'd rather an almost unrelated 2nd, lower-tier, league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome, actually contemplating the feasibility of a secondary competition ala FA Cup. Straight knockouts where lower league teams can compete with the top league. Sure there's not gonna be much activity due to bot teams, but the Qooty purists may have an interest and it builds up the lore.
I actually like this... And this, too:

I do notice that you keep referring to a seconds team. I'm not a fan of this. I'd rather an almost unrelated 2nd, lower-tier, league.

---

fu** it's 2011 all over again.

We still play it along at the Rats, to be honest. We consider form to make changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back