Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... The SANFL has passed its used by date and it should merge with the SAAFL and hand over administration to the AFL.
The SAAFL is actually a pretty competent organisation in its own right, why ask the AFL to take over?

I love when tribey talks SA football politics :hearts:

*Shut up and take my like!*

I love the fact that there's always a jab at Glenelg woven into a tribey SNAFL post no matter what the context.

Not sure if this has been posted/linked elsewhere but I haven't spotted it.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-22/power-veteran-ready-for-nice-little-fight-to-regain-spot

"AFTER missing all but 10 minutes of last season through injury, Port Adelaide veteran Matthew White admits he faces a battle to regain his spot in the Power's best 22."

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-22/power-veteran-ready-for-nice-little-fight-to-regain-spot

Assuming he's fully fit I struggle not seeing him in the first 22. Maybe not having played a senior game for a year you could argue a game or two for the Maggies for touch would be warranted but then you'd have the same argument for Paddy and Gus. I don't know any reason not to have him penciled in tor R1.

In all the things she has written it's obvious she'd rather be playing for Port. We don't have a team and that's pretty much it.
Which is why I'm sad. I don't blame Erin, I just wish she was playing for someone other than them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL
2009 - 1 (Trengove)
2010 - 3 (Day, Polec, Gorringe)
2011 - 1 (Wingard)
2012 - 2 (Toumpas, Mayes)
2013 - 2 (Scharenberg, Aish)
2014 - 0
2015 - 1 (Francis)

Only Wingard from this group has met/exceeded expectations. We may be producing a (barely) acceptable amount of draftable players on paper, but for whatever reason they are not kicking on at the elite level. Our nominal State of Origin team is absolutely laughable.

Agree - too much 'pack mentality' is no good for anyone. SANFL bashing is pretty boring ... didn't we (Port) pick up three mature age players from this comp last draft?
Brett Eddy was not a SNAFL developed player.

I'm all for alternative points of view but the SANFL's precipitous drop in their ability to contribute top tier quality AFL players is undeniable. The sooner the system is controlled by those motivated by development (rather than a delusional perception of their standing in the game) the better.

Four years at South's doesn't count as development?
We have been discussing the inability of the SNAFL to consistently develop juniors. Eddy was 23 years old when he arrived at South from Collingwood.

If you use your logic then Lienert (22) and Irra (22) aren't mature age draftees developed by the SNAFL and will only now start to be developed by Ports. So you are arguing in circles.

We have been discussing the inability of the SNAFL to consistently develop juniors. Eddy was 23 years old when he arrived at South from Collingwood.

If you use your logic then Lienert (22) and Irra (22) aren't mature age draftees developed by the SNAFL and will only now start to be developed by Ports. So you are arguing in circles.
Wow you win... amazing logic!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-23/best-prelim-since-2000

2004: Port Adelaide 14.10 (94) d St Kilda 13.10 (88)
This match was so drama-filled that even those of us watching on our couches 1000km away switched off our TV sets at the end feeling like we had played 100 minutes of footy. The young, brash and obscenely talented Saints got off to a flyer, which included spearhead Fraser Gehrig's 100th goal for the season. But the ensuing ground invasion worked against the Saints because it stopped their momentum and enabled the shell-shocked Power to regroup. And they had to. The Power finished top-four the previous three seasons without even a Grand Final to show for it, so the clock was ticking and the premiership window closing. They got themselves back in the match and in front of a manic capacity crowd at Football Park, worked their way back into the match. Gavin Wanganeen willed Port over the line with a brilliant, two-goal final quarter in his last great game, but the result wasn't sealed until Port's Shaun Burgoyne's desperate lunge prevented Brent Guerra from levelling the scores with about a minute to go. The pair would later play together for Hawthorn in the second best prelim final of modern times, in 2013. - Ashley Browne

Last great game???? Extremely unlucky not to win the Norm Smith the following week from where I was sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back