Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

FA0Ht2kVQAQSeem

If he is eyed as a Liam Jones replacement, sounds like he will be a good pickup.

Hewett, Young and Cerra would be a really good FA/trade period.

Levi Casboult from Wish

Depth in the KPD and ruck areas which are desperate needs for us. Hopefully a cheap but good long term project. Still very young for a KPP at 22 years old. Hopefully we can groom him as a lockdown full back in years to come so that Weitering roam around. Future 3rd round pick should get it done? Or do the dogs need more points this year?

If he is eyed as a Liam Jones replacement, sounds like he will be a good pickup.

Reading a few Doggies fans views on him I don't think he'll be that guy.

Few of them seem to see him as being a bit soft, potential to shirk a contest.

Things that aren't in Liam Jones game. The complete opposite.

Maybe more the Marchbank intercept defender role.

Literally just been told that by a Bulldogs supporter.

22 year old can't change?

Would love to have seen their epitaphs on Liam Jones when he left.

You need to start making your own calls rather than just accepting opposition fans on big footy groupspeak as fact.

Reckon Nick Austin might have a fair idea of what Young might be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe more the Marchbank intercept defender role.

I saw a 22 year old bean pole having a red hot go against very good, much larger and mature rucks at the tail end of the season (having been recruited as a forward and not played in ruck during previous 4 years) I.e. Draper, McInerny & Lycett.

Averaged 4 tackles and 8 x 1%’s in 2 finals in about 65% game time.

I’ll reserve my judgement on this one - the call above seems very harsh to me.

22 year old can't change?

Would love to have seen their epitaphs on Liam Jones when he left.

You need to start making your own calls rather than just accepting opposition fans on big footy groupspeak as fact.

Reckon Nick Austin might have a fair idea of what Young might be.

Well no, you might be able to change something in a skill set but something like courage or willingness to take heavy hits is often an innate thing.

You can't just train it out of someone.

Even on our list now we have players who all have varying degrees of willingness to put their bodies on the line.

Some people just have higher levels of self preservation than others. Even in sport.

I cannot believe how bad Dal Santo and Goddard are....Dal Santo suggesting he could be there to possibly take the no1 ruck. Fair dinkum, I hope these guys are volunteers as they don't deserve to be paid.
It's ok to take your hand off the stove.

I saw a 22 year old bean pole having a red hot go against very good, much larger and mature rucks at the tail end of the season (having been recruited as a forward and not played in ruck during previous 4 years) I.e. Draper, McInerny & Lycett.

Averaged 4 tackles and 8 x 1%’s in 2 finals in about 65% game time.

I’ll reserve my judgement on this one - the call above seems very harsh to me.

Well we'll all get to see eventually.

Doggies fans have seen a lot more of him than you or I.

And even if it's the case, doesn't mean he can't be given a good go at being that intercepting third tall we lack with Marchbank out.

That role might suit him perfectly. We sure as hell need someone to fill that void.

Well no, you might be able to change something in a skill set but something like courage or willingness to take heavy hits is often an innate thing.

Even on our list now we have players who all have varying degrees of willingness to put their bodies on the line.

Some people just have higher levels of self preservation than others. Even in sport.
Dogs supporters openly laughed at us when we traded for Jones.

Granted that it was via a strange route but that worked out o.k.

You need to work harder than just go the opposition board and take their contrarian view about people. You have done it with Hammill and know you are doing it with Young.

Most of our supporters go the hard yards with the club regardless. The jumper is everything. The cowards and those that need failure to justify their sad existence are fortunately a minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back