Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks pretty handy outcome four Adelaide at this moment in time.

pick 4 [Carlton original draft pick] -> pick 6 and a future first rounder, with many people predicting the implosion of gws.

Well done Crows, might be a start of a new dawn with all the changes at the club?

In reality, they turned an average trade to a better trade.

Lost: Pick 19 - 2018 - (Stocker)
Pick 4 - 2019 -
Pick 9 - 2019 -

Gained
Pick 6 - 2019
GWS First round pick 2020 (This pick could drift out around 2-5 picks depending on where GWS finish and where bids come on players in 2020)

In reality, they turned an average trade to a better trade.

Lost: Pick 19 - 2018 - (Stocker)
Pick 4 - 2019 -
Pick 9 - 2019 -

Gained
Pick 6 - 2019
GWS First round pick 2020 (This pick could drift out around 2-5 picks depending on where GWS finish and where bids come on players in 2020)
You can't really include pick 4 as a loss because it came in as part of the trade.
The future gws pick could land anywhere but will probably be around 18 albeit probably in a weaker draft so they roughly balance out. Then they've turned pick 9 this year into 6. Definitely not a bad outcome

You can't really include pick 4 as a loss because it came in as part of the trade.
The future gws pick could land anywhere but will probably be around 18 albeit probably in a weaker draft so they roughly balance out. Then they've turned pick 9 this year into 6. Definitely not a bad outcome
Of course you can include pick 4, they no longer have it.

It gets too complicated and will probably get worse with the chance that Carlton will trade #9 also

For me it all boils down to what Stocker becomes in 3-4 years time if he is a 200 game player then win for the blues but certainly not a loss for the Crows as they would not have picked him.

Blues rated him and went with it

Pick 16ish next year probably belongs to the team that finishes 8th.

Yep, hard to judge that future pick. Could be anywhere from 10-25 depending on how GWS go backing up after an absolute pantsing this year, and how the academy shenanigans pan out next year.

Upgrading 9 to 6 this year could be a big result for Adelaide, depending on which player they want. Could also be moot if the player they want would have lasted to 9 anyway, which we'll never know for sure. Chalk it up as a positive move of course though.

Delaying 19 in 2018 to something probably around 16-22 in 2020 should be viewed in context. Definite loss in delaying what could be a similar pick to a weaker draft, and losing two years of development time. Hard to view that as anything but a loss. But that pick could also prove valuable if Adelaide convince Lukosius to request a trade and Gold Coast develop some semblance of sense between now and then. Might take Adelaide's 2020 and 2021 firsts (plus change) to get the deal done, depending on ladder positons and final picks. An extra late first might be enough to get the deal done, or might help Adelaide to upgrade their 2020 first to something more appealing to GC.

If Adelaide end up landing Lukosius, and GWS's future first plays a part, I think they probably come out of the whole mess OK. Pending the cost for Luko...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have posted them
C'mon now don't be shy. I'll paste it here for you.

Haven't updated this all year. Not a phantom, just pure long term rankings

Anderson
Green
Ash
Rivers
Young
Kemp
Jackson
Robertson
Flanders
Rowell
D Stephens
Gould
De Koning
Henry
Serong
McAsey
Maginness
Taylor
C Stephens
Pickett
Bianco
O'Neill
Worrell
Bergman
Williams
Mead
Day
Taheny
Philp
Byrnes

Some late picks for us:

Still like Hanrahan from last year, Honey, Potter, Pina, Cahill

Rowell at 10 hey? That's out there. Let's see how that looks in a few seasons...

so you have not rated Rowell now for 12+ months?

i find that staggering

im not sure how many browlows he will win like the player managers are predicting but he looks a hell of a prospect to me

Look beyond the now/short term

Throw up a top 30, we can compare lists in years to come

Look beyond the now/short term

Throw up a top 30, we can compare lists in years to come

I haven't watched enough of them to judge, your the one that doesnt rate the pick one draft pick and has the radical opinions

ive watched a bit of the chargers however and Rowell looks like a more robust walsh, again imo

I haven't watched enough of them to judge, your the one that doesnt rate the pick one draft pick and has the radical opinions

ive watched a bit of the chargers however and Rowell looks like a more robust walsh, again imo

You amuse me

This all started when you thought we would give up pick 1 or 2 in the pick swap with the Crows and now you are throwing in Walsh, who coincidentally I don't rate top 4 long term either

Perhaps we leave this thread for Stocker and the other names selected in the pick swap

You amuse me

it was a long time ago but i think we started this conversation by discussion that "there is not player anywhere near walsh" in this draft (tonight)

i didnt know much about Green apart from his grand daddy.

I did however know Williams (sounds like he didnt have the best year) and Anderson had good upside and Rowell was pretty solid.

Looks like carlton will land a nice player at their first selection either way, good luck tonight and in the future to Stocker

This all started when you thought we would give up pick 1 or 2 in the pick swap with the Crows and now you are throwing in Walsh, who coincidentally I don't rate top 4 long term either

Perhaps we leave this thread for Stocker and the other names selected in the pick swap

Carlton did finsh third last which is not a great deal different.

Teague and the suns concession picks do make it look better i acknowledge

may i ask why you dont rate walsh future top 4 in his pool? limited upside?

So it's pick 19+9 for 6+16ish next year

Pretty even outcome from what I can see. Not a loss but not sure you'd do it again given the relative draft strength.

The numbers themselves don't amount to any significance, but the players you rated there do.

Stocker went at #19 but was rated at #6 for Carlton.
Kemp went at #17 but Carlton had him in their top 5 - or at least SOS did.
The deal made sense for the CFC given the rating of said players.

Stocker looks like a beauty to me and is exactly a type the CFC have been lacking - A real brute.

The numbers themselves don't amount to any significance, but the players you rated there do.

Stocker went at #19 but was rated at #6 for Carlton.
Kemp went at #17 but Carlton had him in their top 5 - or at least SOS did.
The deal made sense for the CFC given the rating of said players.

Stocker looks like a beauty to me and is exactly a type the CFC have been lacking - A real brute.
You would not trade down if you rated Kemp in the top 5. Pump the brakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back