Lid status: OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Compromised because of-----------------?
Futher dilution of the talent pool, continual draft concessions to the GCS which may now extend to Tassie, undisclosed ambassador payments designed to help players stay put leading to alleged AFL interference during trade periods, father sons, Academies, cola payments, inconsistent tribunal findings, AFL taxing successful clubs. I reckon there is more.

Tassie will have trouble retaining players imo. You have more cash making opportunities in the larger states.

Futher dilution of the talent pool, continual draft concessions to the GCS which may now extend to Tassie, undisclosed ambassador payments designed to help players stay put leading to alleged AFL interference during trade periods, father sons, Academies, cola payments, inconsistent tribunal findings, AFL taxing successful clubs. I reckon there is more.

Tassie will have trouble retaining players imo. You have more cash making opportunities in the larger states.

Given the growth of the nations population since the AFL came to being, the growth of the game where AFL clubs are put, the academy development, I fail to see the claims about the dilution of the talent pool.

Retention of players has much to do with club culture. eg GC.

Inconsistent tribunal findings?

Given the growth of the nations population since the AFL came to being, the growth of the game where AFL clubs are put, the academy development, I fail to see the claims about the dilution of the talent pool.

Retention of players has much to do with club culture. eg GC.

Inconsistent tribunal findings?

An overall comment on the state of the game.

Gave me a little thrill to click on this board by mistake and see it exists. I’ll happily buy a 3-game membership for the first season at least when they get in. Footy will be better for having a team in the heartland.

I’d like Devils a whole lot more if there wasn’t already a rather well-established team known as the Demons. Won’t someone think of the brand differentiation!

Maybe, but we have Cats & Lions.

Then we have Magpies, Swans, Eagles, Hawks, Crows.

So I don't think Demons & Devils is really that much of a problem. Devils are native to Tasmania at least! ;)

Do you have a suggestion as to an alternative.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't dwarves and elves mortal enemies?
tumblr_m9tp5e8TyK1qbvxy3o1_500.gifv

tumblr_m9tp5e8TyK1qbvxy3o2_500.gifv

I couldn't be more confident that we are going to get a team not that Clarkson is getting involved :) Maybe its also because even though I know humans can be evil, I have faith that nobody would be evil enough to vote no on our license that has been hundred years overdue!

Well not exactly 100 years!

More like 30, when football went all national league.

Looking back those 3 decades I recall the state league & state teams performances. We had notable games & victories over other state associations. Also a lot of drafted players. The game has deteriorated markedly since then.

It'll take a lot of resources, time, planning, finances & a huge effort to get ARF back to being a relevant & viable sport again.

It's been basically milked for 100 years & neglected for near 40 years.

If things don't change, ARF will basically continue the slow die off here.

Jackjumpers are an example of what a Tassie team can be in the AFL! Also a warning for the AFL that they could lose even more Tassie talent to basketball if they don't get a team down here quickly!

Bit late for that. Decades of neglect have taken care of local football & numbers in soccer & Basketball show that.

Ex Premier David Bartlett, a Basketball nut, said his son had years of free basketball visits to his school. The Chargers (SEABL/NBL1) imports, usually from the USA are employed to do schools & Basketball camps. Over his sons high school time he had NO visits from AFL players, nor AFLTas employees. NOTHING.

Both get money from Government to engage in communities. Its clear the AFL DGAF. Just spent it on flights to Melbourne or some other freebie for them or mates.

I'm at the stage that if they don't put a Tasmanian team in the AFL. I really CGAF anymore.

Bit late for that. Decades of neglect have taken care of local football & numbers in soccer & Basketball show that.

Ex Premier David Bartlett, a Basketball nut, said his son had years of free basketball visits to his school. The Chargers (SEABL/NBL1) imports, usually from the USA are employed to do schools & Basketball camps. Over his sons high school time he had NO visits from AFL players, nor AFLTas employees. NOTHING.

Both get money from Government to engage in communities. Its clear the AFL DGAF. Just spent it on flights to Melbourne or some other freebie for them or mates.

I'm at the stage that if they don't put a Tasmanian team in the AFL. I really CGAF anymore.
Im almost at the stage too, if this team doesn't get voted on all our resources should be put on an A League team. Much cheaper, soccer is kind of a better game in many ways, and it actually has a future in world sport, unlike AFL.

No way. I love the JJ, went to both games v the snakes in Cairns and went looking for Victorians here at school to hang s**t on this morning...! Someone posted the proposed Tas A League jumper from several years ago, and it was beautiful. But an AFL side? No comparison. I'd be thinking the inclusion of a team in spite of the hostility it's always faced from mainlanders and the AFL would be a great motivation to get truly nasty as supporters...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back