Preview Lions v Suns Sunday 5th May @ 7.10 pm The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noah has earnt his spot. Just sayin when McKenna is up and running he offers more than Noah on anything I've seen.

We've got a run of games now where anyone under the pump has a good chance to reestablish themselves. That's good for them for the time being.

No chance for mine.

Payne will get King.

Besides a few moments in the Geelong game, he's been getting better by the week.

It'll be interesting. Andrews will probably then go to Read or Day which leave Walters. Does Lester go to him or does Dizzy go down back and Lester plays small on someone like Ainsworth?

It does beg the question though, how poorly do you have to consistently play to get dropped from the Senior side under Fagan?

I'd like to know what Brain has got to do to get a game with the big boys. BOG in the last VFL by a margin. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
I had Shadeau and Bruce as joint BOGs.

We have a lot of depth down back which is why Shadeau can't crack a spot just yet, although if it was up to me I'd would have omitted Gardiner which could open up a spot IF Answerth went forward and Shadeaq taking his spot down back.

Noah has earnt his spot. Just sayin when McKenna is up and running he offers more than Noah on anything I've seen.
I agree with this Noah is playing well right now, but a fully fit McKenna is probably more valuable. Tough with so many small hbf seeming to be playing well we dont seem to have enough spots for them.

I hadnt quite realised how tall the Suns forward line is with King, Read and Walter (Luko is playing back again right?). I'd hope Payne can take King, Andrews on Read and probably look to run off him a lot. Probably makes sense for Lester to start on Walter (195cm vs 192cm isnt too much height difference). I think Lester should back his intelligence to beat Walter at this stage in his career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this Noah is playing well right now, but a fully fit McKenna is probably more valuable. Tough with so many small hbf seeming to be playing well we dont seem to have enough spots for them.

I hadnt quite realised how tall the Suns forward line is with King, Read and Walter (Luko is playing back again right?). I'd hope Payne can take King, Andrews on Read and probably look to run off him a lot. Probably makes sense for Lester to start on Walter (195cm vs 192cm isnt too much height difference). I think Lester should back his intelligence to beat Walter at this stage in his career
If we think Coleman and Doedee will be back by the start of next year we need to give guys who could be best 22 like McKenna and Answerth and even Brain experience in other roles where they could be suited. You'd have to think Zorko will retire but a little chance he might not if he settles in to a role and his body holds up.

Haven’t had much of a chance to watch the Suns this year but in the PreSeason game when they won the ball at a stoppage they went very wide very quickly via kicks to try and spread us but we defended it very well on that occasion. And built a decent lead during that time.
They changed it up a bit in the second half and went a bit more direct and the game become much closer.
Will be interesting to see which route they take on Sunday night.

Overall looking at our stocks there's not much hope of Dizz returning to the backline unless we need to target a particular player in the opposition. Too slow otherwise and Lester's better. Hence the strategy of creating another role for him.

Overall looking at our stocks there's not much hope of Dizz returning to the backline unless we need to target a particular player in the opposition. Too slow otherwise and Lester's better. Hence the strategy of creating another role for him.
Which is a real problem, because we are have a coach developing a strategy to keep a player in the side, rather than a coach developing strategies that are winning and finding players to implement them.

Which is a real problem, because we are have a coach developing a strategy to keep a player in the side, rather than a coach developing strategies that are winning and finding players to implement them.
I don't want to have the hordes come down on me like they do you 3KZ. But the way he's played to me that's how it looks. It's as if the Gunston thing never happened.

Dizz has always been a very focused player ,it's likely he'll go ok in this batch of matches coming up. But just can't see why we would want him in our forward line against good opposition.

I want to agree with you because I don't want to see you bullied off this blog.

But I agree with some of the things you say anyway.

Fwiiw I think we'll be too good back at the Gabba against the Suns particularly because after what the media has said etc. we'll be very focused on not dropping our guard over 4 quarters.

They'll try and break open the game with the excellent players they have in their m/f but I doubt will sustain it if we bring anything like our best team defence.

Didn't create another role for him. It's more sticking with the 3 tall forwards and he was good enough to win that position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back