Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how much you take out of it, but the last time pyramid played in GF was 08, which was all made up of locals except for 4/5 melb base players,(thats was when big orry got KO), so maybe they did play for the jumper not the $ that year, and thats the results you get.

all the best to calivil, as we know, bridgy did buy in alot of players this year,
cause snr/res bgo players won't come out to lvfl for any less then 300.

what coaches are on/off for next year,

Wouldnt think that a res player from the BFL would be worth a min of 300 bucks per game surely?? Any club dumb enough to give a guy who cant get a senior game in the BFL that much is asking for trouble, I must say there are a lot of guys from the BFL (both seniors and res) who have very inflated oppinions of themselves

I hope that Bridgey can resist the urge to pick Axle. Their forward line moves a lot better with the big fella in the early game. I think they will be a bit to good for Calivil, but jeez they are a good outfit.

I think Bridgey will win the two's in a canter. Not a bad thing either, there is nothing worse than a club stacking a team to win a flag. What's the point in having a good two's if the ones are crap.

Marong should win the thirds, but they struggled to get over Serp in the semi final, and according to the umpires serp have the best two or three in the comp!!!

Anyway, plenty of postmortems at every other club. Most have a lot of work to do.

Hey Ho i did say 8 weeks ago pyramid hill had there name engraved on the plemin final trophy one year later luan marsh kicks goal puts hill 13pts up runs around finger spinning OH no ground hog day 12 months later AGAIN WE ARE OUT AGAIN BOO WHO:)Learn to build a side from the ground up.

Good to see a few others agree re-Pyramid's downfalls.

what coaches are on/off for next year,[/quote]

Have it on good authority that A few Loddon clubs have spoken to Dennis Grinton about coaching them next season and theyve givin him til the end of the month choose which club so the unsuccessful clubs have plenty of time to seek someone else before xmas.

Grinton is currently the assisitant coach at Stanhope and has played in the Loddon league before.

Would he be a good get or not?
If so which club would he best suit?

Anyone else heard this?

Hey pinnacle no health i hear abbott got the best out of an old gerry at trick;) like you when you played at golden square.How are your coaching dreams going or are they still just that DREAMS:spade:

Yeah Abbott and i got on quite well.
Regards to my coaching dreams i captained/coached a premiership last season thanks for asking.
578115_1_T.jpg

Yourself?

Hey well done pinnacle on your flap win. Capt/ coach i see thing's haven't changed no need to share the glory with someone else:).Did you leave the goal square or did those old pins of yours keep you standing on the chalk.I suppose another lazy ton was on the cards again for you.

Just in case anyone is wondering, there is a grand final tomorrow, would have thought that most of the discussion on here would be focused on that.... Not about a bunch of faceless ppl taking pot shots at each other, game on tomorrow, reckons its gonna be a craker!

Haha yeah I've just been checking all week for someones opinion on the gf and it's just been a lot of dribble! Bridgey for me, I hate em but the head says they're gonna win! God I hope calivil do get up though! They realised they're mistake appointing that bloke as coach and had enough balls to get rid of him mid year! Since then they've been going fantastic!

I'd love for calivil to get up!

Haha yeah I've just been checking all week for someones opinion on the gf and it's just been a lot of dribble! Bridgey for me, I hate em but the head says they're gonna win! God I hope calivil do get up though! They realised they're mistake appointing that bloke as coach and had enough balls to get rid of him mid year! Since then they've been going fantastic!

I'd love for calivil to get up!

I would have to echo these sentiments, as I imagine most other impartial supporters would. Bridgy have been the dominant team this year, however they have been far short of graceful in achieving this. Some humility in victory wouldn't go astray, as it earns you more respect amongst other teams. Calivil would have to typify this; as they are going into their 9th consecutive GF and many outsiders are hoping they get the choccies. You wouldn't think this would be the case normally, people usually like to see the cup get shared around a bit if their own side can't win it every year.

As a side note I noticed in the Addy today that Aaron Demeo & Lachy Ralphs are the only two that have lined up in every GF team for Calivil since their streak began in '02; a fair feat! Would have to think that even though they've both been around a while they would've played off in the big one more times than they haven't in their careers. Most people could only dream of playing in half as many!

I would have to echo these sentiments, as I imagine most other impartial supporters would. Bridgy have been the dominant team this year, however they have been far short of graceful in achieving this. .!

Agree with this, but congratulations to Bridgey. Bridgey have some great young kids, on and off the ground...Alex Pollock and Zeb & Isaac Broadbent are the 3 that spring to mind....The result shows what can happen when we have muddy wet weather footy during the finals...and then the Grand Final is played on a perfect day on a ground in perfect conditions...Calival did well in the mud. Pyramid may have put up a better fight against Bridgey if they made it to the Granny.

HUGE crowd, great for the LVFL, probably record gate takings....I heard $28,000. Dunno whether that's correct though.

Agree with this, but congratulations to Bridgey. Bridgey have some great young kids, on and off the ground...Alex Pollock and Zeb & Isaac Broadbent are the 3 that spring to mind....The result shows what can happen when we have muddy wet weather footy during the finals...and then the Grand Final is played on a perfect day on a ground in perfect conditions...Calival did well in the mud. Pyramid may have put up a better fight against Bridgey if they made it to the Granny.

HUGE crowd, great for the LVFL, probably record gate takings....I heard $28,000. Dunno whether that's correct though.

Yeh tooky there was a huge gate biggest gate in lvfl history. Heard a YC person say late in the afternoon over $29,500. Probably be more if there wasnt a game within 50m of the ground at wade st and plus YC would have made heaps on food and drinks yesterday especially selling cans of soft drink and sausages for $2.50 each.

Congrats to Bridgy well deserved.
Yeah they spent abit of coin this year but obviously spent it wisely.

Pyramid Hill should send a committee member to join Bridgy for a season and take note how you recruit and spend your money properly.

rekon u all wood have seen bridgie pix in 2days paper ... how about chalky ... sez hes 30

if it had sed 37, 38 i woodnt have worried

a pretty ruff looking 30 i rekon is old chalky :p

still he did a good job recruting early on and getting them all to jel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Bridgy well deserved.
Yeah they spent abit of coin this year but obviously spent it wisely.

Pyramid Hill should send a committee member to join Bridgy for a season and take note how you recruit and spend your money properly.

Your still an idiot!! Get half of Souths two's players?? Thats all i'm biting at for now:D

Your still an idiot!!

And your still a looser!:D go wipe your tears with the hundred dollar bills you were getting for not performing like the rest of your team mates.

There's at least a "mill" at my feet, plenty more to use:p You must have me mistaken for someone else me thinks:cool:

Who is doing what, we are officially into the "silly season", surely there a few names bouncing around and what about coaches:confused:

How has everyone's B&F counts gone??

Marong

Seniors - Joint Winners - Brad McCormick and L Franklin

Reserves - Reece Boland

U17s - Callum Williamson

hows the off season going n & clew and did the bro get a gig in the square magoos prelim final team ?? how much time u spent in the richmond boozers ??

hows the off season going n & clew and did the bro get a gig in the square magoos prelim final team ?? how much time u spent in the richmond boozers ??

A lot of beer and pub meals mate, that is my offseason for now! A lot of time in the Richmond boozers!The younger brother broke his hand at the end of the season which ruled him out I think, might have been the first final?

Any news on players leaving clubs etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back