Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one here do a little design that might be interested in assisting with the design of a sporting team logo?

Oddhawk Post this in the Q and A thread that is pinned to the top of the board, this is more about the discussion of logos, rather than request for ones to be designed. You will probably also have to give some extra details about the work to get interest from people.

Why is the cap logo C different to the wordmark C in Cleveland and why are there two different E’s in Cleveland

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure of the reason for it, but both the Yankees and Detroits Tigers logos vary quite a bit between official logo and uniform logos too

Why is the cap logo C different to the wordmark C in Cleveland and why are there two different E’s in Cleveland

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The majority of MLB team logos have different fonts for wordmarks and cap logos (see the 'S's). You can't be that consistent, in any brand tbh.

Here are higher quality logos. The Es in the wordmark are the same.
E6_fq-YWUAIAS85.jpeg
E6_fq91XIAoAlbW.jpeg
E6_fq91XoAkCVzx.jpeg
E6_fq92XoAE_lwF.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority of MLB team logos have different fonts for wordmarks and cap logos (see the 'S's). You can't be that consistent, in any brand tbh.

Here are higher quality logos. The Es in the wordmark are the same.
View attachment 1187989
View attachment 1187991
View attachment 1187992
View attachment 1187993
I really think people wouldn’t have any issues with these if the were an expansion team rather than a team re branding.
The current Cleveland cap c is different to the word mark c anyway. The current cap has a serif while the away word mark is sans serif.

It's an expansion bid for the Australian ice hockey league. Having kept an eye on the AIHL for a couple of years (and having gone to a couple.of games) it's still quite amututre in how it's run, very similar to community football. Some teams are better then others, as would be expected, but overall it's something you are only able to find out about if you are really looking for it.

Officeworks changed their Facebook photo to this temporarily - appears it's since been deleted. Makes me unwell looking at it.
How can someone pay for this?

I get what these guys go for, as I'd consider myself a minimalistic designer, but my god, you can only imagine the brief Officeworks gave them to end up with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back