London 2012 - Field Hockey

Remove this Banner Ad

boy that south african keeper played well today
amazing saves to keep it at just 6-0 versus the kookas

Cracker of a game on now PAK vs ESP. Plenty of feeling. Fast hockey. 1-1 with 11 minutes left to go. Pakistan went 1 up and 10seconds later Spain levelled the scores. Boring sport? Dont think so.

I was at the Riverbank Arena today. Very good match between ESP and Pakistan (huge thrill to see Pakistan - as a kid they were my favourite team) but the match between India and Netherlands was a ripper, so fast and continual attacks by both teams. I took a friend who has never played hockey and she thought it was out of this world.

Are we supposed to be a medal chance in the women's? If not, who are?

Also who else are the contenders in the men's?

Cheers

It would be surprising if we get to the final in the womens. I'm not sure about the other teams but GB are good and they are playing at home which should help.

Netherlands men looked scarily good in the first half but the Indians hung in there. It was a match worthy of a final, it was that good.

Germany are usually up there with the mens. The Aussies have had some cracking tussles with them in the past few years. GB men are ranked fourth and look pretty good whenever I've seen them. We were a fair way from the stadium when they were playing and the roar could be heard all over the Olympic Park when they scored their first goal.

Spanish keeper did some very fine saves, wicked reflexes.

And the Indian keeper was very good too. I was behind the goals at one end, it was fantastic to see the scrums in the goal mouths close up.

GB women are playing the Chinese and the Chinese goalkeeper is making some horrible errors. She's made at least two lame attempts at stopping balls that were right at her and let them through. Really poor as the Chinese have matched the Brits in many ways in this match.

GB women are playing the Chinese and the Chinese goalkeeper is making some horrible errors. She's made at least two lame attempts at stopping balls that were right at her and let them through. Really poor as the Chinese have matched the Brits in many ways in this match.

South Korea you mean :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, just missed another goal because of the swimming replays.
That game must have been just about the last event going for the day, it was after 10pm London time, you'd think Nine could hold off until it was finished.

This is precisely the reason I got Foxtel installed a month ago - my only exposure to Nine's idiocy is reading about other's misery. Mind you, from the sound of things NBC in the US are doing it worse.

Umpire Kim kicking some ass! Loved the German umpire's response to Spain trying to intimidate his mate :thumbsu:

Kookas up 2-0, some cracking goals and a few more close shaves.

Germany are usually up there with the mens. The Aussies have had some cracking tussles with them in the past few years. GB men are ranked fourth and look pretty good whenever I've seen them. We were a fair way from the stadium when they were playing and the roar could be heard all over the Olympic Park when they scored their first goal.

If Aus make the final, they'll win, its the semis Im worried about, dont want it to go the way of Beijing. (Esp as I have tix to the final!)

Having GB and Spain in our group is handy. They are the two I would not like the Kookas to meet in the semis. Spain due to the demons from last time (despite being all over them today) and GB will lift v us more than anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back