London 2012 - Field Hockey

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please explain to me how Ghodes got a green card for not retreating five metres when the free hit was taken ten metres from where the foul occurred?
Sure. He didn't retreat five metres when the free hit was taken metres from where the foul occurred, then he got a green card.

If you were asking why, then I can't help you.

Sure. He didn't retreat five metres when the free hit was taken metres from where the foul occurred, then he got a green card.

If you were asking why, then I can't help you.
Lol.

It was just mystifying. Ghodes just stood there and the ball rolled towards him and the Spaniard just took the hit from wherever he felt like. It just seems crazy.

That game must have been just about the last event going for the day, it was after 10pm London time, you'd think Nine could hold off until it was finished.

This is precisely the reason I got Foxtel installed a month ago - my only exposure to Nine's idiocy is reading about other's misery. Mind you, from the sound of things NBC in the US are doing it worse.
They missed every goal except the German one at the start. All the while repeating Swimming replays and conducting crappy interviews.

Wow, the third ump just gave a goal when no GB team members hit it in the circle.

Bloody hell, tough call on the Saffers.

GB didn't deserve a win there, jeez, they were flat as. Very strange match.

Last nights game was a real shocker when it came to reviews. It's usually not like that at all. I'm sure both teams would have said something after the game.

Saw Hockeyroos beat US today. Bloody fast moving game, felt almost as high tempo as the men's hockey. They stuffed numerous field goal chances. They have to sort that out as they should have been 3 up at least at the end even with the US playing well. But it was a cracking match and my only tickets to see Aussies in anything so I was stoked they won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inconsistent refereeing there. Stick check at one end is a free hit, at the other end considered deliberate and they get a penalty corner. That was an innocuous stick check. Ends up as a draw.

You couldn't help but feel in the back of your mind after some of those big misses in the last 15 mins or so that Argentina would comeback at the end and share the honours. They were very good for most of the game

Hopefully the Kookaburras rebound well in their next game.

Kookaburras were probably just a bit too cute in their attacking 25 tonight. Not a bad time to have a minor wake-up call. They'll improve in front of goal pretty quickly, I would have thought--too much talent and experience in that team for them not to.

Can't see the Hockeyroos in the medals. Miss loads of goal opportunities and give the ball away a lot. Plenty of talent there but they just aren't sharp enough for my liking.

Aussie keeper Cronk is a beast. Saffers really have dominated for whole half save for the first 5 mins and have nothing to show for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back