Luke Butterworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldog Joe

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely he is on the radar for Australian selection.

Another top performance against NSW

the 2 top scores in the match including a 6 of Dougie to win it.

Also pretty good bowling figures with 4/26 in the first and 1/43 in the second.

A very good all round cricketer, who looks like he may be back on track after a couple of slow seasons due to personal issues - Family health matters I believe.

Was man of the match when Tas won the shield final.

He is a fantastic player. Probably in the best form of anyone in Australia at the moment.

And about 1000x better than supposed all-rounders like John Hastings. But he doesn't come from Victoria, so he's almost no chance.

He is a fantastic player. Probably in the best form of anyone in Australia at the moment.

And about 1000x better than supposed all-rounders like John Hastings. But he doesn't come from Victoria, so he's almost no chance.

WOW...I just noticed that John Hastings has a CA contract. I had no idea these were so easy to acquire. I will apply for 1 in the morning. My Centrelink consultant will be most pleased.

But seriously, how the feck does this guy have a contract ahead of Butterworth?

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

For that matter there are 6 current Bushrangers with CA contracts. This really is the thin edge of the wedge.

WOW...I just noticed that John Hastings has a CA contract. I had no idea these were so easy to acquire. I will apply for 1 in the morning. My Centrelink consultant will be most pleased.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

For that matter there are 6 current Bushrangers with CA contracts. This really is the thin edge of the wedge.

Ca release a list of 25 players at in march / april then anyone who plays a game for aus gets a contract, so thats how hastings got it

Was the leading wicket-taker in all 3 versions of the game last season & made some handy runs for the team that made the GF in all 3 versions of the game, winning 2 of those GFs.

another 4 for this morning to knock over the warriors. he's having a really great season, he must be getting close to consideration now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's in rare form:

Butterworth - 9 games
43 wickets at 15.04
293 runs at 29.30

Complimented beautifully by our young all-rounder:

Faulkner - 7 games
29 wickets at 15.86
224 runs at 32.00

:)

He's in rare form:

Butterworth - 9 games
43 wickets at 15.04
293 runs at 29.30

Complimented beautifully by our young all-rounder:

Faulkner - 7 games
29 wickets at 15.86
224 runs at 32.00

:)

He averages 23.7 with the ball for his career now so certainly should be looked at.

Has been rested for the last game, big call if it's just minor niggles when we still have not secured the home final. Good to see Griffith get a game though.

His first class bowling figures certainly warrant attention, although his first class batting strike rate of 46 isn't exactly what we'd be wanting.

Strike rates in first class batting is not really relevant and was never considered until limited over cricket was introduced.

Having said that 46 runs per 100 balls is not far off current overall scoring rates in first class where anything better than 3 runs an over (50 per 100 balls) is considered quick.

i would be very dissapointed if we selected our bowling (even our bowling all rounders) based upon their batting strike rate....

great season for butterworth. he and copeland should both be rewarded with spots to tour sri lanka.

for what it's worth i think our bowling needs to go in a new direction. i just can't see this one working. sporadically they'll bob up and do the job but on the whole there is a lack of teeth and a lack of consistency....

and when the **** is james pattinson gonna stay on the park??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back