Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke (RFA 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would take Norths list over St Kilda every day of the week. Saints are in all sorts. What club gives up a top 10 pick for Brad Hill ( Caleb Serong pick) and then gives him 900k a year. Not too mention a first rounder for Dougal Howard and a massive contract to Brad couch. James Gallagher belongs in prison for his list decisions.
Agree with this.

I would take North's list over Saints also.

I agree North can have some optimism for the future, can't stay down too much longer with the talent coming through.

But I don't think any side should be compared to Essendon 2016 ever. The most unique circumstances for a team to be poor in the history of the game.
Agree and agree.

All jokes aside, he strikes me as the sort of bloke who would jump ship to a contender as his desire is to play in a winning team. North have cause for optimism but LDU sure as heck plays an integral part of this unit getting better. Lose him and it sets them back imho
He is very introverted, I don't know if he'd want to go to a big team and I doubt he'd live vic. If he did leave I reckon he'd go to the saints

Is that before or after the worst 4 year stretch seen by a non expansion team since Fitzroy was asked to close the doors ?

If so, 6 more years sounds reasonable enough
Yeah Scott killed us but we now have a heap of good young talent on the list. Once we get 60-80 games into them and we are good to go.

I would prefer to bottom out completely than 20 years of middle of the road. We saw what happened with the Dee’s after years at the very bottom.

I like him but we have Parish, Tsatas, Caldwell, Merrett, Hobbs, Shiel, Setterfield, Perkins and Durham competing for centre square spots as it stands.

That being said, I think Shiel leaves (and I wouldn't begrudge him that) and I'd be open to trading Parish.
For what it’s worth this isn’t the flex you think it is. Merrett is the only one on that list that ends up an A grader. Durham if things went right maybe pushes B+. LDU would be walking in there quite comfortably 😂

No - not including the banned players - this was just the 2016 ess playing list.
Yes including banned players. If you take out Watson, Stanton, Hibberd, Bellchambers, Pears, Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Collyer, Hocking and Howlett and add the top ups our average games played heading into R1 was 51.4, only ahead of Melbourne and Brisbane.
For what it’s worth this isn’t the flex you think it is. Merrett is the only one on that list that ends up an A grader. Durham if things went right maybe pushes B+. LDU would be walking in there quite comfortably 😂
Not saying that anyone apart from Merrett is better, saying that we have a lot of players in that position already.

But that would go over your head...

Last edited:
fun fact, essendons 2016 cluster heck is better than the current Roos outfit. NM are coming from a LONG way back
You are conveniently forgetting the part where the bombers were stripped of Draft Picks for 2013/2014. While north a garbage atm, it’s not our youth that’s the problem, rather the senior guys who aren’t much chop. Much easier to fix the latter than the former.

As well as Essendon has started the year, they still lack the top end talent to take them anywhere near a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t see any risk of him going to St Kilda tbh. One of the few clubs in the league with less promise of success then North.
What's his relationship with Wood like?

North wouldn't have much interest in Shiel, and he certainly wouldn't be used to 'dillute' the value of a player like LDU on the trade table.
I saw something today that north were interested in Shiel. He’s the ultimate professional, and if he’s body holds up is still a very handy player. Would at least set an elite training standards for the young fellas to follow. Shiel going in that trade would just be for cap manipulation. North hitting the cap floor, they need to pay someone. Is ldu worth more than a first and second? How much more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back