Lump on bottom of foot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever I do a lot of running, I seem to get this lump develop on the bottom of my right foot (on the small toe side) - about directly left of the line in the picture (in the pink/fleshy part of the foot).

%7BFA132B21-8621-4B5F-8553-3136D6049007%7D.jpeg

The bump comes and goes - generally a few times during the football season and scarcely, if ever during the off season. Lasts a while then goes away, before coming back not too long after.

The pain isn't unbearable, but it does hurt (popped up yesterday and is as sore as it ever has been). I can run through and after a while you ignore the pain, but it's generally walking from A to B where it's most uncomfortable.

The lump is pretty big - probably 2 cms wide, 1 cm long. It seems to be filled with some sort of fluid - though a very thick fluid. I can push down on the lump (with great discomfort) and it'll fade temporarily, but it'll be back within minutes.

I've been to the doctor about it before, but sure enough, it had faded by the time I arrived and she sent me on my way.

Anyone know what it is?

Go see a podiatrist, they will sort it out. Sounds like a plantar Fibrima. They will probably drain the fluid and it should go away.

would that be caused by a pressure point from the shoe/boot? like when you used to get blisters from screw ins years ago?

Had this problem. Go check if you are flat-footed. Buying those sports insoles with the high rise fixed this for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back