Macgill kidnapped

Remove this Banner Ad

Warne always had amazing control & accuracy, while May was noted as an attacking spinner. When Warne did well Warne got credit & when guy at other did Warne also got credit for that. MacGill was in same position as Tim May but his stats read as a star.

He did but it got better as his career developed. He benefitted quite a bit early on from playing a lot of his cricket against teams who basically played spin terribly at the time. England, SA, WI and NZ dominated the early part of his career. Warne was indeed always accurate for a leg spinner but his control got even better as his career went on and it was only really the odd series where Tendulkar or Lara or someone got a hold of him where that dipped at all.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that Macgill was garbage or anything but as a bowler who would quite literally bowl a bad ball for every good ball, there’s no doubt that having Warne at the other end would have helped him. Even psychologically it would have helped - how many batsmen would be out there thinking ‘I need to target this bloke because Warne isn’t going to give me anything.’

Lol. Looks like McGill attempted to broker a cocaine deal between his brother in-law and an Uber driver. My take on this complex story is that old mate Uber driver was given the drugs but didn’t come good with the money, leading to McGill being slapped around for vouching for him.

Never go guarantor on cocaine deals involving Uber drivers fam.

On a lighter note, McGill is quite possibly sailing quite close to the wind in avoiding serious charges too I’d say. They probably have enough evidence to charge him...... He’d be shitting like a big black alsatian right about now.

One of the two rules I live my life by. The other being: If you ever travel back in time, don't step on anything because even the tiniest change can alter the future in ways you can't imagine.

He did but it got better as his career developed. He benefitted quite a bit early on from playing a lot of his cricket against teams who basically played spin terribly at the time. England, SA, WI and NZ dominated the early part of his career. Warne was indeed always accurate for a leg spinner but his control got even better as his career went on and it was only really the odd series where Tendulkar or Lara or someone got a hold of him where that dipped at all.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that Macgill was garbage or anything but as a bowler who would quite literally bowl a bad ball for every good ball, there’s no doubt that having Warne at the other end would have helped him. Even psychologically it would have helped - how many batsmen would be out there thinking ‘I need to target this bloke because Warne isn’t going to give me anything.’

Wouldn't say Warne's control ever improved. As he got older actually lost variations, became less economical & relied more on his brain. With Tim May in same series was significantly more economical of the two.
Your presenting a theory which doesn't stand up when applied across the board.

One of the two rules I live my life by. The other being: If you ever travel back in time, don't step on anything because even the tiniest change can alter the future in ways you can't imagine.
That some pretty good advice right there.

Wouldn't say Warne's control ever improved. As he got older actually lost variations, became less economical & relied more on his brain. With Tim May in same series was significantly more economical of the two.

Exactly, he lost variations. He had to rely more on relentlessly building pressure and getting the ball in the same spot over and over again.

What theory am I presenting?

im literally not presenting anything.

im saying that when they played together Macgill would have benefitted from the accuracy and pressure of Warne. That’s literally it.

"Police said one of the parties involved then demanded that MacGill pay compensation as he had made the introduction.

Detective Superintendent Koutsoufis said there was no suspicion MacGill was involved in the alleged drug deal."

Pick one, either he makes the introduction, or he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"Police said one of the parties involved then demanded that MacGill pay compensation as he had made the introduction.

Detective Superintendent Koutsoufis said there was no suspicion MacGill was involved in the alleged drug deal."

Pick one, either he makes the introduction, or he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

He’ll find himself charged once the cops have finished milking him.

while it would be fair to say Warne stopped bowling the flipper after he did his shoulder, i'm not sure he lost variations as at that point he developed his slider which took probably 50-60% of his wickets from that point onwards. He never had a good googly even at his peak. Didn't need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while it would be fair to say Warne stopped bowling the flipper after he did his shoulder, i'm not sure he lost variations as at that point he developed his slider which took probably 50-60% of his wickets from that point onwards. He never had a good googly even at his peak. Didn't need it.
AB broke Warne in the two years that he had him, having need have had for real strike bowler at his disposal before he flogged him like a rent mule.

Bowled the googly quite a lot early in his career & of course shelved the flipper for most of the back half of his career. I also remember he used a big top spinner early on which seemed to disappear with more emphasis on leg spinner with over spin. If somebody argued that mainly used leg spinner & slider towards the end I wouldn't entirely disagree.
In any case Warne was far more economical early in his career so Phat is talking out of his....

In any case Warne was far more economical early in his career so Phat is talking out of his....

i was surprised when you produced that stat but you are technically right that Warne's economy went up. But during his career bats improved significantly so the overall scoring rate did as well. Warne's economy was generally roughly better than the average by about half a run an over. It was just batsman were playing more attacking.

What’s gone down here is simple. McGills restaurant, thanks to the lockdowns probably had cashflow problems. McGill put two actors together to get a commission on a deal. Probably enough to pay the rent, phone bills etc.

One of those actors has stiffed the other or been arrested, so McGill is the obvious first port of call to put pressure on to flush out the bad actor.

Obviously he didn’t feel too motivated to go to Police I mean why would he, they’re a bunch of bumbling idiots. So his hand was obviously forced by means of serious threats after being roughed up.

His GF must be an awesome root.

Lol. Looks like McGill attempted to broker a cocaine deal between his brother in-law and an Uber driver. My take on this complex story is that old mate Uber driver was given the drugs but didn’t come good with the money, leading to McGill being slapped around for vouching for him.

On a lighter note, McGill is quite possibly sailing quite close to the wind in avoiding serious charges too I’d say. They probably have enough evidence to charge him...... He’d be shitting like a big black alsatian right about now.
Two quality calls from some time ago.

I lived down the road from MacGill for a while. He was a mess of a man up close, mid-2022. Not just an overweight ex-sportsman, a legit slob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back