Unsolved Madeleine McCann - New Leads Being Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact the crimes continued after the disappearance with no further abductions militates somewhat against the idea of his involvement though.

On the other hand, it's not like they've got a surplus of leads burning a hole in their pocket.

I find myself coming back to this one a couple of times a year. It's like she just disappeared into thin air

This is a good summary of the findings in 2013/14

Seem convinced that the first man seen carrying a child was unrelated, due to a man coming forward explaining it may have been him carrying his own daughter from a nearby crèche.

I know the Portuagese copped it somewhat unfairly but based on this it does seem they missed some major stuff first time around.

Also a good watch for those who suspect the parents. If Gerry and Kate are satisfying a few dozen Met/Scorland Yard detectives that they're genuine, thats good enough to me.

MaddAdam any thoughts

Any experience with said detective units

I find myself coming back to this one a couple of times a year. It's like she just disappeared into thin air

This is a good summary of the findings in 2013/14

Seem convinced that the first man seen carrying a child was unrelated, due to a man coming forward explaining it may have been him carrying his own daughter from a nearby crèche.

I know the Portuagese copped it somewhat unfairly but based on this it does seem they missed some major stuff first time around.

Also a good watch for those who suspect the parents. If Gerry and Kate are satisfying a few dozen Met/Scorland Yard detectives that they're genuine, thats good enough to me.

MaddAdam any thoughts

Any experience with said detective units

I was walking down one of the main streets of Brussels last year - near Rogier Metro - and saw gypsy family begging with a blonde girl who would have been about her age, was blonde and looked strikingly like her. Was really, really weird. Then I remembered the Irish stuff where they took blonde kids off gypsies only to have the DNA testing prove the kids were theirs.

But a very good friend who works for the BBC covered McCann from the get go, like as son as it broke, stayed in Portugal for ages, and she was convinced, utterly convinced, the parents killed her, almost certainly by accident, then panicked and disposed of the body.

I was walking down one of the main streets of Brussels last year - near Rogier Metro - and saw gypsy family begging with a blonde girl who would have been about her age, was blonde and looked strikingly like her. Was really, really weird. Then I remembered the Irish stuff where they took blonde kids off gypsies only to have the DNA testing prove the kids were theirs.

But a very good friend who works for the BBC covered McCann from the get go, like as son as it broke, stayed in Portugal for ages, and she was convinced, utterly convinced, the parents killed her, almost certainly by accident, then panicked and disposed of the body.

Are you able to explain or point to her theory? There's so much garbage on the internet

Are you able to explain or point to her theory? There's so much garbage on the internet

I think the theory was fairly common: that the folks gave Madeleine something to sleep so they could go get on the piss (as doctors they would have acess to it) something stuffed up, they came back, the kid was dead, they panicked and got rid of the body.

I think the theory was fairly common: that the folks gave Madeleine something to sleep so they could go get on the piss (as doctors they would have acess to it) something stuffed up, they came back, the kid was dead, they panicked and got rid of the body.

The thing I can't get around is it would require the cooperation of - at least - seven other people (their dining companions). I can't see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a DNA expert, but by inviting them to his villa, is there a good chance her dna is transported by the parents somehow, thus contaminating a potential crime scene, if in fact Madeline was there at some stage?

They should be able to easily determine whether he was in Portugal that night. If, as the son says, he wasn't then it's creepy and gross, but he's not a suspect

Even if he wasn't, be very interesting to know if there was anybody at his villa that night. Who knows what circles he moved in.

Even if he wasn't, be very interesting to know if there was anybody at his villa that night. Who knows what circles he moved in.

Exactly, he didn't need to be there the answer might be in his contacts. Maybe he even suspects something so he's tried to fish around for insider information by befriending the McCanns.

Meanwhile, a journalist has a new theory he doesn't expand on due to legalities. Basically, she was taken from the street not the room.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...thomas-explains-new-theory-10-years-on/#page1

I'm cynical at the best of times and am no angel but this has been years. Whoever is responsible should simply be tortured ISIS style. Imagine the world we could have if everyone simply was nice to everyone and didn't screw everyone over? However there will always be one and then it degenerates.

But after 8 years???? This is evil on a whole other level. In fact forget the torture this is one case police should just be empowered to shoot on site.

On the case.......I doubt she will be found. She is most likely dead....there are too many people in Europe, too many dodgy networks.

I'm sick of hearing about this case, as much as I'd like it to be solved I feel like no-one would ever have faith that the outcome wasn't some sort of cover up. Seems to be a 'new lead' every 6 months or so, which is either news from 4 years ago or some whacky theory made up by an 'expert'.

7 running a special on this tonight.

Don't reckon it was the parents at all.
I dont think it was the parents. They used IVF to conceive (meaning they really wanted children). They have 2 other children and are well educated and seem like loving parents. The whole accident theory and panic just doesn't seem to work with any sort of timeline. No chance every other friend (all of whom were doctors) would help with the cover up of a murder. Not to mention keeping it a secret for this period of time.

I think the most plausible story is she was taken with the plan to release her, which often happens. Once the media swarmed the story and made it one of the largest kidnapping stories in history they panicked and decided to murder and dispose of the body. There is so many places a body can be well hid or disposed of. The body could have been burnt to ashes and thrown in the ocean meaning it will never be recovered. Obviously until remains are found there is always a chance she could still be alive but it seems very unlikely.

I remember being in high school when this story broke. A couple days later(?) a girl in my SOSE class ran in tear eyed after lunch claiming there was breaking news that they found hair and blood in the boot of her parents hire car. We all thought it was the parents. I suspect she is dead right now, which is disheartening. I hope her true killers are brought to justice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back