Making a dream come true.

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What is posted below is a facebook post. I thought i would share it here to see if there is anything we can do as some of us who are 'obsessed' and not just 'fans' have some contacts, we have people who post here who are involved with the club and some of us work or contract to and have contacts in very large companies who have direct contact with West Coast.

As someone who is a veteran himself (thankfully a long time more recently than WW2) this is something i would very luck like to see what we can do. It doesn't matter if it is a child, an old man, the disabled or anyone who can't do things for themselves it is up to those of us who can to help make dreams come true.

As a part of BGC residential a couple of weeks back for our yearly launch we had Adam Simpson come have a chat and i know we have internal contacts within the club. I've emailed internally to see if there is anything we can do. However if i can't organise it and anyone else on this board or any other board can please let me or the club know. I am happy to pay the price of any wheelchair access ticket for this gentleman as well as a ticket for a chaperone for him and transport to and from the game.

Even if this is not just purely from a generosity standpoint for a business or large company out there this is a huge opportunity not only to make a dream come true but to also get a lot of public support and positive marketting happening.

My best contact is phillipr@commodorehomes.com.au

456430_3e3eccc5d42d4ecb051e13df0cdeae87.JPG

2017 O

What is posted below is a facebook post. I thought i would share it here to see if there is anything we can do as some of us who are 'obsessed' and not just 'fans' have some contacts, we have people who post here who are involved with the club and some of us work or contract to and have contacts in very large companies who have direct contact with West Coast.

As someone who is a veteran himself (thankfully a long time more recently than WW2) this is something i would very luck like to see what we can do. It doesn't matter if it is a child, an old man, the disabled or anyone who can't do things for themselves it is up to those of us who can to help make dreams come true.

As a part of BGC residential a couple of weeks back for our yearly launch we had Adam Simpson come have a chat and i know we have internal contacts within the club. I've emailed internally to see if there is anything we can do. However if i can't organise it and anyone else on this board or any other board can please let me or the club know. I am happy to pay the price of any wheelchair access ticket for this gentleman as well as a ticket for a chaperone for him and transport to and from the game.

Even if this is not just purely from a generosity standpoint for a business or large company out there this is a huge opportunity not only to make a dream come true but to also get a lot of public support and positive marketting happening.

My best contact is phillipr@commodorehomes.com.au

456430_3e3eccc5d42d4ecb051e13df0cdeae87.JPG

2017 O
Just do what everybody else does mate; share the post with a news outlet and let them run with the "West Coast Eagles Shun Wheelchair-Bound WW2 Veteran" and you wait and see how quickly they turn around and help ya. Can't go wrong.

So people know i've reached out through the very large company i work for as well as contacted the club via their facebook page, email address and posted this or very similar on both the West Coast board as well as here.

Ticketing agencies normally have a special number to call to get wheelchair seats. He should be able to get one through Ticketmaster when tickets go on sale in March. The club won't sell all the new wheelchair spots as memberships.

I am certain that Port Adelaide - who are very into War Veterans causes - would be willing to work with West Coast to more than accommodate Pop Hunter for Round 7 at Perth Stadium ... if his dream hasn’t yet been made to come true before that game.
Please PM me if it is desirable for me to contact PAFC to enquire about this, closer to round 7.
I’m a Vietnam Vet myself.

the membership person you spoke to sounds like a flog. That's the way they respect an older person or any person who's frail etc and not only that, they're a World war 2 vet? That's disrespectful. I don't even work for the club but would do a hell of a lot more than that.

Unreal.

This gentlemans dream has now been sorted. He has 2 tickets to see a game and it has been sorted by WCE & Allied forklifts.
So they are going to forklift him above the stadium to watch the game?

This gentlemans dream has now been sorted. He has 2 tickets to see a game and it has been sorted by WCE & Allied forklifts.

Terrific outcome for all.

Well done to Allied for steeping in and making it possible. Hope he enjoys the game and new stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back