Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal needs to go out swinging or he's going to go out with a whimper. With the polls so low, he really doesn't have anything else to lose. He's going to be dumped so he might as well try to stand for something and outmanoeuvre the nuts on the right.

I doubt he ever had convictions. No one can sell themselves out so much for so little.

Turns out, he was always an empty suit.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...pitches-welfare-overhaul-20160919-grjztz.html

Found this part interesting:

However, this problem would be directly related to the difficulty graduates have had in finding work. According to at least one study, by the Foundation for Young Australians, it will take the average graduate up to five years to find full-time work after study.

If this is fact, what hope do those unskilled or without any qualification have of finding full-time employment?

its becoming increasingly difficult, the biggest issue is not only a lack of positions but many very few employers are willing to provide on the job training. howard tried to counter this with skill based education programs, the problem with that is that it has created a large number of useless certificates that A employers don't value at all, because the courses are mostly generic crap with very little hands on training and B scare potential candidates from applying because they do not possess some useless tafe certificate for unskilled work. C many job seekers sent into these programs end up finding work unrelated to the certificate they hold, because of A. D no assessment is done the job seekers prior work history or suitability for roles in the field they are sent to train for.

so we spend money on something the employers don't value, we artificially remove applicants and we waste the unemployed's time.

Mal needs to go out swinging or he's going to go out with a whimper. With the polls so low, he really doesn't have anything else to lose. He's going to be dumped so he might as well try to stand for something and outmanoeuvre the nuts on the right.

He's already got what he wanted - the title of Prime Minister. He wants to do nothing with it though. Nothing.

I'm sure he wants to leave a legacy of some sort; he's failing miserably right now, just like Abbott before him. Gillard and Rudd have greater legacies and they both had their terms cut short.

No, nothing like Abbott. Abbott genuinely believed in his principles and method for governing. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty shit however he actually believed he was doing good by the populace. Turnbull and Rudd are complete and utter power controlling narcissist campaigners, they just wanted the badge. Gillard to her credit also believed she was doing the right thing its just her judgement was crap.

Country going down the gurgler?? Looking forward to your explanation.

I gather you have been away, so we will start with the foreign debt just about tripling, back flips on superannuation policy, full time jobs at all time low, part times the go now, no tax reform on multi nationals etc.

We went from a budget emergency to spend,spend,spend. We will be an adult government, we won't be swapping leaders. I hope you enjoyed yourself while this was all taking place.

I gather you have been away, so we will start with the foreign debt just about tripling, back flips on superannuation policy, full time jobs at all time low, part times the go now, no tax reform on multi nationals etc.

We went from a budget emergency to spend,spend,spend. We will be an adult government, we won't be swapping leaders. I hope you enjoyed yourself while this was all taking place.
But, but we stopped the boats!

I have, the trips were good.

This shit has been harped on for ages. We have a party with **** all leadership, worse morals and pretty much no vision. The country is not going down the gurglar though, reminds me of the shrieking idiots that had us believe Gillard and co were illegitimate and the cause of every problem occuring in Oz.

Poor government?? yes, heading down the gurglar?? **** no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he ever had convictions. No one can sell themselves out so much for so little.

Turns out, he was always an empty suit.

Well Keating knew him and said exactly that 20 odd years ago. I'd say you're bang on.

The SSM debate will be symbolic for the next three years, inaction as the PM is held hostage by a small band of hardcore conservatives.
He may be doing shit with SSM but, from what you're saying, his S&M credentials are top notch.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back