Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The electorate voted for him on an ad campaign of 'let's stick with the current mob a while longer'.

Why should he give a s**t? This is what we voted for. It's what we want.

This. That campaign beggared belief, was just the laziest s**t any clown could come up with but they no doubt spent a fortune on marketing consultants that came up with it. It's just staggering to think they approved and paid for it.

The Libs are ****ed, this is a party that can't change their strategy as they still have no idea what the * it is. Can only see Scotty being put forward and that won't work for them either, rightly so.

Just when you think it could not get any more stupid...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-18/pm-will-not-rule-out-negotiating-gun-laws/7941728

Not too sure too many people across the spectrum would support any loosening of gun control laws.
Seeing as the tightening of gun laws post Port Arthur is one of the few Howard government legacies that enjoys almost univeral support it would be an odd move for a Liberal government to loosen them. Can't but help but feel sorry for the PM, every time he tries to get a bit of clear air to discuss one issue, it gets totally hijacked by something else.

I gave Turnbull the benefit of the doubt for a while, notched a few mistakes up to internal problems, effective opposition etc. But his complete failure to realise how this gun debate would turn out, or react in anything approaching a reasonable time, makes me think he is just not politically astute at all.

Now I know that farmers need guns - but do they need this gun?
The way I see it if they really need more than 5 shots before reloading to shoot something they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Note: The 5 shot version of this weapon is legal under a Cat A licence and that Pump Action Shotguns under Cat C licences are limited to under 5 rounds. Maybe the simplest solution is to just categorise a lever action with over 5 but less than 10 round capacity as Cat B, C or whatever.

Last edited:
So Abbott comes out criticising the possibility of horse trading over ABCC and Gun deals, but now it appears as though Abbott had similar deals in the pipeline. Now Turnbull is trying to get to the bottom of it. If proven Abbott lied then he should step down. It would be a clear example of trying to sabotage Turnbull. On the otherhand if it is proven otherwise then Malcolm could face heat. Interesting times. Well done to Shorten for capitalising on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When can we expect to see a leadership challenge to Malcolm Turnbull? Could it be around February 2017?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When can we expect to see a leadership challenge to Malcolm Turnbull? Could it be around February 2017?

I'm not sure Tony will be able to keep it in his pants that long.
He has a sniff and I reckon he would have both Bishop and the human gob Cash on his "punch in the face" list.

Tact is most definitely not Abbott's strong suit and far more importantly and pressing for Tony, he will have to don his "Godbotherer-man" cape and come to the rescue of Pell et al before any findings are made.

d59567e8d38476bfaf0e939021d52304.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it turns out that Abbott offered Leyonhjelm a similar deal as to what Turnbull is alleged to of offered, and taking into consideration that Abbott was the one who tweeted about - how distrubing it is that horse trading is happening (over an issue where he was doing the exact same thing), then Abbott needs to step down. It seems the only thing Turnbull is good at is saving his own backside though, if he spent half as much time getting things done he might be alright. But I think if Malcolm can actually provide evidence - and not do a Godwin Gretch and jump the gun - then Abbott is done. Malcolm needs to hold Abbott accountable if he is white anting, and show the right that Abbott is no leader.

But I think if Malcolm can actually provide evidence - and not do a Godwin Gretch and jump the gun - then Abbott is done. Malcolm needs to hold Abbott accountable if he is white anting, and show the right that Abbott is no leader.
Or he could make him Foreign Minister

Or he could make him Foreign Minister

And have him shirt front Putin? No thanks.

If Abbott offered the same deal (to Leyonhjelm) when he was PM, then tries to criticise Turnbull when he does the same then he is finished. Of course it will have to be proven that he did. But it is looking as though he may have.

If it turns out that Abbott offered Leyonhjelm a similar deal as to what Turnbull is alleged to of offered, and taking into consideration that Abbott was the one who tweeted about - how distrubing it is that horse trading is happening (over an issue where he was doing the exact same thing), then Abbott needs to step down. It seems the only thing Turnbull is good at is saving his own backside though, if he spent half as much time getting things done he might be alright. But I think if Malcolm can actually provide evidence - and not do a Godwin Gretch and jump the gun - then Abbott is done. Malcolm needs to hold Abbott accountable if he is white anting, and show the right that Abbott is no leader.

Maybe Malcom Turnbull should show Tony Abbott a YouTube video of a 1989 Nine News report by Laurie Oakes and the late Peter Harvey about the clean sweep of the Coalition leadership position, which saw John Howard and Ian Sinclair lose the Liberals and Nationals top jobs respectively, in favour of Andrew Peacock and Charles Blunt.

In the video, Howard said, on conceding defeat to Peacock, that 'I not going to become a wrecker or a leaker, that's not my nature.' Abbott could follow along the same lines and give Turnbull his 100% support.

Maybe Malcom Turnbull should show Tony Abbott a YouTube video of a 1989 Nine News report by Laurie Oakes and the late Peter Harvey about the clean sweep of the Coalition leadership position, which saw John Howard and Ian Sinclair lose the Liberals and Nationals top jobs respectively, in favour of Andrew Peacock and Charles Blunt.

In the video, Howard said, on conceding defeat to Peacock, that 'I not going to become a wrecker or a leaker, that's not my nature.' Abbott could follow along the same lines and give Turnbull his 100% support.

Abbott has already said that he will not white ant. If it can be proven that Abbott offered Leyonhjelm the same deal then I think he is done. Or at least, I think he snould be done. But also, a lot of credit here has to go to little Bill Shorten, he immediately seized upon this opportunity and diverted what should've been a ABCC issue - and made it into an Abbott vs Turnbull divided party issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back