Conspiracy Theory Mandates, Lockdowns, Covid-19, SARS-Cov-2 Thread - Get vaccinated.

About Covid vaccines only: your opinion on mandates?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! That paper clearly and unambiguously states that vaccination reduces your chances of getting infected for at least 2-3 months after getting vaccinated.

Obviously if you don't get infected, you also can't pass it on to others.

So the vaccine mandates have some hard science to back them up.

Thanks for providing it!

Combined with other data that clearly shows the vaccines also provide 95 percent protection against severe, critical or fatal COVID if you do manage to get infected while vaccinated, and also combined with data that shows adverse reactions from vaccines are incredibly rare (1 death from Pfizer in Australia from 30 million doses given)...

It looks like getting vaccinated is a total no brainier!
I am AZ vaccinated.... although it is starting to look like continuing boosters will be required to participate fully in society, that was the point of my post/link.

I for one will not be getting the compulsory Pfizer jab as my booster, fully prepared to take the Novavax or alike as my booster though.

I am AZ vaccinated.... although it is starting to look like continuing boosters will be required to participate fully in society, that was the point of my post/link.

Yeah, and that's always been the case.

They wont be required forever though. Well... they will (this disease is endemic now), but they wont be mandated forever.

What a joke.... I thought this was a conspiracy board and posters would be given latitude to discuss out of the box ideas and views away from the GD & SRP boards that are all about accepted views/narratives.

Talk about rampant censorship and group think.
See the discussion thread on the rules of this site and this board.

Spreading vaccine misinformation is dangerous, the types of people involved on other platforms are generally grifters and sometimes far-right symapthisers, if not outright Nazis.

It has become a topic that has real life, dangerous implications.

This board is no longer a channel for the spreading and sympathetic discussion of these things. Go elsewhere for that.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
I guess this acceptable to our pro censorship friends??

People are perfectly entitled to discuss the severity of fines and consequences for breaking the law. It is worth discussing.

It's incorrect.

Vaccines offer a LIKELIHOOD of protection. Vaccines usually do not provide 100% protection. This is not controversial and has never been denied.

If you are vaccinated, you can still get the virus and can still develop Covid-19.

Now that this has been explained, no you may not spread this "vaccines don't work" misinformation in here as if it is fact.
How about "vaccines don't work very well"? After all, highly vaccinated countries are now heading back in to lockdown.

So the first two jabs are pretty much useless
It is disturbing you don't understand that this is false, and continue to spread this misinformation.

Thank you for your contribution so far but it has been determined that on balance your contribution to this thread is detrimental to this community.

Yeah, and that's always been the case.

They wont be required forever though. Well... they will (this disease is endemic now), but they wont be mandated forever.
IIRC 2 doses was the original hype re what would be required.

I hope you're right re the bolded and they go the way of the seasonal Flu vax and are voluntary apart form highly vulnerable settings ie. aged care homes.

Depending on your definition of anti-vaxx, any support given to anti mandate positions could violate the terms.
This is something you made up.

See the discussion thread on the rules of this site and this board.

Spreading vaccine misinformation is dangerous, the types of people involved on other platforms are generally grifters and sometimes far-right symapthisers, if not outright Nazis.

It has become a topic that has real life, dangerous implications.

This board is no longer a channel for the spreading and sympathetic discussion of these things. Go elsewhere for that.

Thank you for your understanding.
So as far as you're concerned the "science is settled" and there will be zero tolerance for any anti covid vax opinions no matter how nuanced?

You would think so, but according to the new definition, as supplied by the NT chief officer, if you sympathise with someone who is antivax, you are then by definition antivax too.
Do you sympathise with them because they are right? Or do you sympathise with them because they have arrived at a poor position after being caught in anti-vax rabbit holes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So as far as you're concerned the "science is settled" and there will be zero tolerance for any anti covid vax opinions no matter how nuanced?
This is not what I said. You have gotten the wrong idea.

The "vaccines do nothing" misinformation will be removed. Vaccines have varying levels of effect depending on many factors. Try to understand those factors.

Do you sympathise with them because they are right? Or do you sympathise with them because they have arrived at a poor position after being caught in anti-vax rabbit holes?
Depends on your opinion. I don't believe someone who is against vaccine mandates should be called anti-vax at all. It seems a very sensible position to me.

What's your basic definition of an "anti-vaxxer"?

could someone please post links to the following:

- Scientific proof that the Covid 19 virus has been purified.
- A photo of said virus.
Of course you are being obtuse here.

Firstly, SARS-Cov-2 is the virus, Covid-19 is the disease it causes.

However, here is an image of the SARS-Cov-2 virus taken through an electron microscope.

20200303-conv.jpg

I don't believe someone who is against vaccine mandates should be called anti-vax at all.
Neither do I.

However if they hold that position "because vaccines don't work" then they are an anti-vaxxer. We should be clear about this.

If you are telling people vaccines have no effect and should not be administered, you are an anti-vaxxer.

Interesting topic. I would like to learn more about Covid19.

As a starting point could someone please post links to the following:

- Scientific proof that the Covid 19 virus has been purified.
- A photo of said virus.

TYIA :)

Nope.
No, I mean that you are talking as if this is the universal definition. This is not correct. Continuing to say that it is, after it has been pointed out that it is not (and without providing any proof but one person's opinion) is a misrepresentation of the state of things.

Now that this has been pointed out, please don't continue on with this.

I'm anti-mandate to some extent (but support limited versions).

I've been clear on that. I think WA's version goes too far.
Personally I think the line for mandates is do you care for vulnerable people, if so then yes its a fair requirement

eg work in an aged care home, hospital, special needs school etc fair

mandate to work at mcdonalds unfair

business doesn't want to let you in?

aged care home wants to be unvaccinated, not fair

You would think so, but according to the new definition, as supplied by the NT chief officer, if you sympathise with someone who is antivax, you are then by definition antivax too.
did I miss where the Gunner rewrote the rules for this site?

How about "vaccines don't work very well"? After all, highly vaccinated countries are now heading back in to lockdown.
how about waning immunity is an issue
because we know it is
we also knew this was highly likely back in May last year given the natural immune response to other coronaviruses in circulation

we also new mutations could be an issue and that stockpiling vaccines in rich nations at the expense of poorer nations was going to be an issue, still did that too

Anti vax is a misused term, from my reading of various threads most are Anti Covid vax not anti all vaccines.
For what reason are they against the Covid vaccines? That's the crux of it.

Neither do I.

However if they hold that position "because vaccines don't work" then they are an anti-vaxxer. We should be clear about this.

If you are telling people vaccines have no effect and should not be administered, you are an anti-vaxxer.
Well old mate from NT did say that those against mandates are anti vaccine, which I think for an official who holds a position like that, is reckless and does nothing but promote more division and hatred.

Back