Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

What an evolution in the space of half an hour.

We've gone from

Which would suggest it's quite substantial, most people reading 'much of' would be forgiven for thinking it would be a majority.

To

So a pretty small subset now, down to individual people, not the 'industry' at large.

Then arrive at

As a throwaway line to disguise your original statement being pretty clearly way out.

I'm sure some different people, in different hospitals are opposed, a few more probably feel uncomfortable. Would it meet the bar for 'much of the medical industry'? Doubtful.

Much of the medical industry = people that work in hospitals.

Much = thousands of people potentially not more than 5o%

"Much".

You hear about the scattered few via your misinformation channels.

Yes much as in a large number of people.

Regardless most had no choice to retain their jobs some time ago

Good on her as it is her body and therefore her choice.

I just wish more people knew about common law so they could preserve their rights. Our country has turned into communist trash and my great grandpa died to prevent this sh*t back in Vietnam.

Your Great Grandpa would be rolling around in his grave at your lack of understanding as to what communist means.

Your Great Grandpa would be rolling around in his grave at your lack of understanding as to what communist means.
And he also would have received a mandatory inoculation as part of his deployment but whatever, let's not ruin a great metaphor

So to clarify;

different people in different hospitals

Is the more accurate assessment.

Across all the staff, at all the hospitals, I'm sure that's some that are anti-vaxx. They might be the janitor, but hey, they work at the hospital!

The American situation is easy to find sources on as I said.

I'm pretty sure I'm speaking the truth - different people in different hospitals too

but maybe I'm lying and Deni Varnhagen is the only hospital worker in oz that doesn't want a jab eh
part of that is more americans being americans and distrusting mandates, or collectivised medicine

So to clarify;

Is the more accurate assessment.

Across all the medical staff, at all the hospitals, I'm sure that's some that are anti-vaxx. They might be the janitor, but hey, they work at the hospital!

How do you define 'some'.

No need to disrespect the janitor. Physio or receptionist. Hospital doesn't work if they don't turn up

No need to disrespect the janitor. Physio or receptionist. Hospital doesn't work if they don't turn up
Except it matters when you're clearly using "the medical industry" as an appeal to authority fallacy and janitors and receptionists are obviously not a medical authority

I'm all for essential workers, they fulfil important and valuable jobs.

But much like I wouldn't ask a mechanic or truck driver to perform heart surgery, I wouldn't be too caught up in what a chiropractor or janitor thinks about the benefits of vaccines.

As opposed to Australia which trusts the gov. Big pharma and is pro mandatory vax. (Just not for judges police lawyers etc.)
I also object to their bullshit exemptions

Australia does trust government (specifically the bureaucracy of government) a shitload more than the US

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for essential workers, they fulfil important and valuable jobs.

But much like I wouldn't ask a mechanic or truck driver to perform heart surgery, I wouldn't be too caught up in what a chiropractor or janitor thinks about the benefits of vaccines.

If we stick to midwives / nurses etc. the percentage may be higher than you expect.

I appreciate they are not experts

I appreciate they are not experts

This being the key point, they're not experts. Those who are experts, almost universally agree with getting it, and from what I've seen, those opposed to it often have extremely dubious credentials or a conflict of interest.

100% of nurses and doctors I know have all gotten it, so I'm guessing the overriding sentiment in the medical industry is pro-vaccine.

This being the key point, they're not experts. Those who are experts, almost universally agree with getting it, and from what I've seen, those opposed to it often have extremely dubious credentials or a conflict of interest.

100% of nurses and doctors I know have all gotten it, so I'm guessing the overriding sentiment in the medical industry is pro-vaccine.

Were they not forced to some months ago?

Yes much as in a large number of people.

Regardless most had no choice to retain their jobs some time ago

Last I heard, the vaccination rate for health care workers in Victoria was in the 90+%. That was before any vaccine mandates.

So much for your "potentially not more than 50%"

Given excess deaths, Covid was likely under-reported. This is just the way it is.

Contributing factors that are known about are recorded. Hospitals have staff that review and code events. Nothing is 100% accurate but the constant noise about "false Covid deaths" and the like wore thin a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I heard, the vaccination rate for health care workers in Victoria was in the 90+%. That was before any vaccine mandates.

So much for your "potentially not more than 50%"

I was told it was required well before this week's mandatory rules hence am unsure. Perhaps that was the specific hospitals rules.

I attempted to clarify using the word much to indicate a large number of people Not a percentage

I read that you can get a hard copy of the cert from your GP (though does anyone over 13 not have a smart phone?)

There seems to be a very high correlation between people who are vaccine hesitant/ resistant and people who don't own smart phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back