Marijuana

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to order some now. I tried some legal high stuff when I was in London, was decent but a different kind of high. Which stuff you recommend? Prob going to get the Skunk and the Pineapple Express to start with.
Haha nice, Skunk is my favourite one of those is similar to a really good hydro billy.

Pineapple is good too, but Purple Haze sends me to sleep lol.

The intent of sports/exercise is to improve one's health. I acknowledge there is a risk of injury whilst doing it, as there is with the other activities you listed.

1) Not always.

2) Relevance?

3) If I could prove to you that people who smoked the occasional joint were, generally, healthier than those who abstained from weed completely, would you then remove them from your list of people to assist last at hospitals? Hypothetically, of course.

WRT to this 'kronic' stuff from NZ, have any of you guys looked into the science behind it?

It seems that this stuff is simply cloves (or other such organic materials) which is sprayed with chemicals which do not contain THC but have similar effects on the body.

Given that I am reliably informed (by posters on this board) that even real weed in this country is often sprayed with chemicals, I guess it isn't so easy to make a simple distinction between smoking one herb covered in chemicals with another. Still, something about smoking herbs covered in sprayed-on chemicals just doesn't seem as romantic to me as smoking herbs which genuinely grew in the dirt and have not been since tampered with.

What would Bob Marley say?

1) Not always.

2) Relevance?

3) If I could prove to you that people who smoked the occasional joint were, generally, healthier than those who abstained from weed completely, would you then remove them from your list of people to assist last at hospitals? Hypothetically, of course.

1. True, we are generalising here. As I mentioned, these can be broken down with many examples.

2. If I had to prioritise treating someone in an ED that had ****ed themselves up because their mind was spaced out on an explicit drug (whatever it might be, not even talking about weed now) due to wanting to have fun, over an innocent bystander that was injured as a result of a car accident for example, it is clear who I would want to help first despite not being able to (who you want to help does not and cannot influence who you must help, rather all it does is cause frustration).

3. Go for it, but in order to prove that you'd have to have all variables remain constant with the only one changing being whether one smokes weed or not. To put it simply, it works out to be a hypothesis of smoking weed resulting in a healthier person. I doubt a quality study like that has ever been done.

1. True, we are generalising here. As I mentioned, these can be broken down with many examples.

Indeed. Should the bloke who did his knee playing netball trying to impress teh ladies also be given lower priority, since he was not injured (and thus submitted to hospital) in pursuit of fitness?

2. If I had to prioritise treating someone in an ED that had ****ed themselves up because their mind was spaced out on an explicit drug (whatever it might be, not even talking about weed now) due to wanting to have fun, over an innocent bystander that was injured as a result of a car accident for example, it is clear who I would want to help first despite not being able to (who you want to help does not and cannot influence who you must help, rather all it does is cause frustration).

Firstly, this thread is about weed.

Secondly, I asked you for 'relevance'. How is it relevant that the intent of fitness/exercise is to improve one's health (even if we accept this clearly over-generalised statement)? Why should the person who was trying to improve their health get treatment over somebody who was 'just having fun'?

3. Go for it, but in order to prove that you'd have to have all variables remain constant with the only one changing being whether one smokes weed or not. To put it simply, it works out to be a hypothesis of smoking weed resulting in a healthier person. I doubt a quality study like that has ever been done.

Yeah and I asked you to consider the hypothetical and then give me an answer to the simple question: if it could be proven, hypothetically, that occasional weed smokers were healthier than non weed smokers, would this get them off your 'bottom of priority' list? It may seem a trivial question but it goes to the heart of your argument.

Secondly, I asked you for 'relevance'. How is it relevant that the intent of fitness/exercise is to improve one's health (even if we accept this clearly over-generalised statement)? Why should the person who was trying to improve their health get treatment over somebody who was 'just having fun'?

Yeah and I asked you to consider the hypothetical and then give me an answer to the simple question: if it could be proven, hypothetically, that occasional weed smokers were healthier than non weed smokers, would this get them off your 'bottom of priority' list? It may seem a trivial question but it goes to the heart of your argument.

It's a personal thing based on what I do. See my original post where I basically said it will never happen though so it's almost a pointless rant, one that is based on personal experience.

I don't see how your hypothetical situation has anything to do with anything. One - it can't be proven, and two, smoking weed is not going to improve your health. Exercising does improve health.

My takes on drugs is that by all means do what you want to your body, but if you are admitted to hospital - straight to the bottom of the waiting list.

Drug users are people too. Have worked in A & E departments in the past and this has been the beliefs of many who work there. They should be prioritised by the same criteria (mental and physical) as others

I have a serious question: I have smoked marijuana 3 times in my life, and each time it has made me so so goddamn sleepy

The last time was at a going away party for one of my best friends, we smoked it at about 1 am after a lot of drinking, and jesus christ... I physically could not keep my eyes open. I felt like if i didnt go to sleep, I would die of exhaustion from keeping my eyelids apart.

Needless to say my mates ripped on me for being a pu$$y..... Is this a normal reaction some people have? Or i was just smoking bad quality stuff:?

At least I know, if i ever get insomnia when im older.. Smoke one joint and i'll be out like a light

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine you go to the gym, and you do 15 reps on a weight that is like your absolute limit.... then you push yourself to do just 1 or 2 more reps

thats what it felt like trying to keep my eyelips open
:confused:

I always wondered what it would be like to have no life. To be someone who is considered - and is the complete dregs of society. A low life loser. Someone who is on the bottom rung of everything. A complete and utter pathetic person.

After reading threads and posts like these, I dont have to wonder anymore.

Thankyou to the morons of bigfooty.

If you wanna look at the most succesful people in the world, from the current president of the USA down, they have all at least tried it once

have you been 'out' more than all them?

haha

I have a serious question: I have smoked marijuana 3 times in my life, and each time it has made me so so goddamn sleepy

The last time was at a going away party for one of my best friends, we smoked it at about 1 am after a lot of drinking, and jesus christ... I physically could not keep my eyes open. I felt like if i didnt go to sleep, I would die of exhaustion from keeping my eyelids apart.

Needless to say my mates ripped on me for being a pu$$y..... Is this a normal reaction some people have? Or i was just smoking bad quality stuff:?

At least I know, if i ever get insomnia when im older.. Smoke one joint and i'll be out like a light

you struggled cos of the alcohol

WRT to this 'kronic' stuff from NZ, have any of you guys looked into the science behind it?

It seems that this stuff is simply cloves (or other such organic materials) which is sprayed with chemicals which do not contain THC but have similar effects on the body.

Given that I am reliably informed (by posters on this board) that even real weed in this country is often sprayed with chemicals, I guess it isn't so easy to make a simple distinction between smoking one herb covered in chemicals with another. Still, something about smoking herbs covered in sprayed-on chemicals just doesn't seem as romantic to me as smoking herbs which genuinely grew in the dirt and have not been since tampered with.

What would Bob Marley say?
Bob Marley would be all over it.. get as high as a mo fo can get!!!

I always wondered what it would be like to have no life. To be someone who is considered - and is the complete dregs of society. A low life loser. Someone who is on the bottom rung of everything. A complete and utter pathetic person.

After reading threads and posts like these, I dont have to wonder anymore.

Thankyou to the morons of bigfooty.

Get a life, Crackerhead (you know, where you're doing something a little more productive than standing on your saddo soapbox to admonish cannabis users on a footy blog. Yeah Man, that's LIVIN')

Smoke every night , 1 pipe , 2 if i'm at a mates.
Haven't drunk piss for about 7 years.

When i lived in Adelaide i used to smoke all day , every day...geez i could walk down the street in broad-daylight and have a choof :eek:........can't do it here.

I can't tell the difference between any of the buds I've smoked.

It's not like they come with labels.

The sticky light green stuff is usually the best. Good taste, gets you wrecked.

Some of the stuff with more of the brown hairs on it can be nice too but not as strong.

Every now and then you get stuff that makes you wanna sleep. Just gotta try to avoid it. Also don't mix with alcohol at all, you're wasting both just to make yourself para.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back