TV Mark Howard

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Dwop

All Australian
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
" ...when Maher is in the box with him ..."

Had you used "was in the box with him" it would relate to past tense and 2017 when they did work together.

GREENESHOOTS

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Atalanta B.C.
Got to hand it Howey, he's actually very good at calling the game with a good tone (Excitement levels etc).
Interesting heard on Triple M that the producers at fox artificially lower his voice as well (equaliser).

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Comes across as an arrogant flog and constantly was calling port players by the wrong names (anyone with short hair = Sam Powell pepper). Despite that, he's actually half decent compared to the usual trash

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like him and I don't buy the sycophant angle. You can tell that his colleagues like him and that he gels well with them.
Andy Maher was mentioned alongside Howard earlier in the thread but if you watch the disgust wash across Mark Waugh's face during the Big Bash when Maher is in the box with him and then contrast it to the laid back joy that's visible when he's with Howie, it paints a telling picture.
To be fair, anyone would be disgusted to be in a box with mahery. I like how it's a running joke on the front bar that no one wants mahery there, but deep down I think it's true.

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Got to hand it Howey, he's actually very good at calling the game with a good tone (Excitement levels etc).
Interesting heard on Triple M that the producers at fox artificially lower his voice as well (equaliser).
Couldn't they use autotune or something on mark ricciuto so that it doesn't sound like an adult baby who's sucked a can of helium then smoked 50 cigars?

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
First noticed him when he was a mid 00s boundary rider on C10, and then a decade ago he sort of became C10’s Bruce all rounder. Remember him doing the Ironman Surf Life Saving for a few years as well, along with big bash, motorsports, etc. Isn’t disgraced, slots in whatever the sport and attempts to be diligent and passionate. Can’t see him being a Huddo at all, but ol faithful depth, comes across as an okay fella, a ‘glue’ type, affordable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smithdogmaddog

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have listened to him quite a bit over the summer. Has many good points, but being such as suck is making him a poor commentator.
He does a good job considering he has to put up with Warne & Waugh. My ultimate combo would be Howie, Isa & Hussey (I actually think he’s very under rated and improving all the time).

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
He does a good job considering he has to put up with Warne & Waugh. My ultimate combo would be Howie, Isa & Hussey (I actually think he’s very under rated and improving all the time).
My ultimate combo would be Isa, Abbey Gelmi and Kath Loughlin

Remove this Banner Ad