FTA-TV Mark Howard

Remove this Banner Ad

" ...when Maher is in the box with him ..."

Had you used "was in the box with him" it would relate to past tense and 2017 when they did work together.

I could have sworn they all worked together on channel 10.
yes i believe so

eeee0417aad80a6b9ce2f6cdd82b8841

" ...when Maher is in the box with him ..."

Had you used "was in the box with him" it would relate to past tense and 2017 when they did work together.
The Big Bash isn't even on at the moment. Sort it out, pal.

I like him and I don't buy the sycophant angle. You can tell that his colleagues like him and that he gels well with them.
Andy Maher was mentioned alongside Howard earlier in the thread but if you watch the disgust wash across Mark Waugh's face during the Big Bash when Maher is in the box with him and then contrast it to the laid back joy that's visible when he's with Howie, it paints a telling picture.

To be fair, anyone would be disgusted to be in a box with mahery. I like how it's a running joke on the front bar that no one wants mahery there, but deep down I think it's true.

Got to hand it Howey, he's actually very good at calling the game with a good tone (Excitement levels etc).
Interesting heard on Triple M that the producers at fox artificially lower his voice as well (equaliser).

Couldn't they use autotune or something on mark ricciuto so that it doesn't sound like an adult baby who's sucked a can of helium then smoked 50 cigars?

First noticed him when he was a mid 00s boundary rider on C10, and then a decade ago he sort of became C10’s Bruce all rounder. Remember him doing the Ironman Surf Life Saving for a few years as well, along with big bash, motorsports, etc. Isn’t disgraced, slots in whatever the sport and attempts to be diligent and passionate. Can’t see him being a Huddo at all, but ol faithful depth, comes across as an okay fella, a ‘glue’ type, affordable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have listened to him quite a bit over the summer. Has many good points, but being such as suck is making him a poor commentator.

He does a good job considering he has to put up with Warne & Waugh. My ultimate combo would be Howie, Isa & Hussey (I actually think he’s very under rated and improving all the time).

He does a good job considering he has to put up with Warne & Waugh. My ultimate combo would be Howie, Isa & Hussey (I actually think he’s very under rated and improving all the time).
My ultimate combo would be Isa, Abbey Gelmi and Kath Loughlin

Mark Howard, along with the other Fox commentators have been generally below par this year (some worse from an already very low base).

However, this year only, I'll give them some leeway as they are being forced to call many matches of the TV.

No doubt they are directed to avoid dead-air, so without a visual of what's happening at the ground, they have to fill it with inane crap.

Mark Howard, along with the other Fox commentators have been generally below par this year (some worse from an already very low base).

However, this year only, I'll give them some leeway as they are being forced to call many matches of the TV.

No doubt they are directed to avoid dead-air, so without a visual of what's happening at the ground, they have to fill it with inane crap.
its a shame. It's on TV, you can see and sometimes hear what's happening. They need to let the scene speak for itself at times; so much more powerful. The producers and directors are technicians with no empathy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back