Roast Mark Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.sen.com.au/news/03-16/neil-balme-robbo-was-fishing-for-the-number#eg8yf3eXMdPL1F6w.97

Mark Robinson was incorrect with his article claiming that up to eleven Collingwood players tested positive to illicit drugs over the summer and he was previously unsure of the figure, says Neil Balme.

The director of football at the Pies accepts that the media would desperately want to know the statistics of the AFL’s hair testing of players after they returned from holidays last year but believes his club was unfairly used as the case study.

“I kind of understand everyone’s position and the journalist’s position working for such a progressive paper like the Herald Sun, they want the story, they have to have the story,” said Balme on SEN radio.

“So, I get it and the story itself they’re not going to get sued for it but it wasn’t a factual article.

“He doesn’t know the number.

“He rang us and said I’ve heard that 23 of your blokes have tested positive in the off-season and we said that’s wildly off the pace I would have thought.

“Then he came back, ‘what about up to eleven?’

“Now, none of it is factual and then we had that same organisation coming back in Sydney and wrote that we had 30 and then we had another come back and say we hear it’s seven.

“So they were fishing for a number and Robbo goes with up to eleven.”

“I don’t think there’s been a leak, I don’t think anyone knows the numbers I think everyone is guessing the numbers.

“We’re betrayed by the fact that the players voluntarily offered to do something on the basis that it would be confidential, the AFL runs it and it’s really nothing to do with the clubs.”

I would like to see this resolved in the ring Balme vs Robinson, heavy weight contest.

Robbo just left his local IGA with a slab of vbs for breakfast this morning. He normally gets sh.tfaced prior to going into work. Fat slob.

Robbo's liver dislikes this comment.

df049ce257.jpg

Is the Karma bus finally here?

The big name journo who stands accused of plagiarism...

...from his own workmates?

Details soon #AFL

A senior Sun journo is so disliked by clubs that he has started "calling rank" on younger journos
by insisting their stories be published under his name as they haven't "earned their stripes".

s**t source (whispy) but still hopeful.

Is the Karma bus finally here?

The big name journo who stands accused of plagiarism...

...from his own workmates?

Details soon #AFL

A senior Sun journo is so disliked by clubs that he has started "calling rank" on younger journos
by insisting their stories be published under his name as they haven't "earned their stripes".

s**t source (whispy) but still hopeful.

* I hope so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back