Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

NInZlRX.gif

I know I shouldn't post so many gifs but I can't help myself. :straining::straining::straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else notice the shepherd/block Masonput on to allow Treloar free space leading to the Stephenson goal in the square? For me that was his best piece of play for the day.

View attachment 511915

Yep, it was a sight to behold. Mihocek likewise on a number of occasions and Sharenburg also laid a beauty on one of those ex-Essendon guys to allow Maynard free passage off halfback...

Yep, it was a sight to behold. Mihocek likewise on a number of occasions and Sharenburg also laid a beauty on one of those ex-Essendon guys to allow Maynard free passage off halfback...

Got to love the synergy that's building within the team with selfless acts and unrewarded running.

Got to love the synergy that's building within the team with selfless acts and unrewarded running.

The much discussed Mr Mayne is a good example of this, you’ll often see him run to a spot and drag a man with him to open up a space behind him for someone to drop into... a number of our corridor thrusts on Monday came about because Mayne and Phillips kept the shape on the wings taking an opponent with them who otherwise would have been clogging up the corridor... as you suggest it goes largely unrecognised..

EDDIE WEIGHS IN ON DALE THOMAS V MASON COX SLEDGING

Sam Landsberger
CARLTON’S Dale Thomas “sprayed” Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley yesterday and was a “fair dinkum pest” to his old team, according to Magpies president Eddie McGuire.

The Collingwood boss accused the club’s 2010 premiership star of trying to get a Magpie reported during yesterday’s spiteful clash at the MCG.

“He got booed every time he went near the ball yesterday, because he was a fair dinkum pest,” McGuire said.

“He was just going around trying to rough people up, and he particularly wanted to go after Mason Cox.

“So he’s into Coxy all the time. Now Daise, fair enough, he’s about a foot taller than you – but he was just driving him mad.

“I’ve got the feeling what Daise was trying to do was 1) upset the Pies and 2) see if he could suck someone into getting reported and that type of thing.

“Come om, Daise, nick off, will you? Halftime there was a bit of a blue, and I think he sprayed the coaches as they went off the ground, so that didn’t go down that well.”

McGuire said Thomas gave Buckley a “drive-by” at halftime and suggested Thomas’s chief target, Mason Cox, might have accidentally coined Thomas a new nickname.

“What was funny though I went up to Mason Cox after the game,” McGuire said on Triple M.

“I said, ‘What was Daisy doing?’ He said, ‘Who?’. I said, ‘Daisy Thomas, what was going on there?’

“He said, ‘Who’s he, who’s Daisy Thomas? What are you talking about? Oh … No.39? Who is he? I don’t know him!’

“I said, ‘He’s a premiership legend of our club’. (Cox) said, ‘Was he? Oh, OK’.

“So from now on I think Daisy’s got a new nickname – he’s No.39.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...8/news-story/63299546b75d423f506e06fd85a441db

I like that, that could really take off. Until he retires I'm only going to refer to him as No.39.
Even 39 is too good, all "That Guy" has as far as relevance goes is that used to play for Collingwood.

He won't go down as a Champion of the Carlton Football Club and trying very, very hard not to be welcome back at Collingwood after he retires.

He's weird now...........

No wonder Daisy was in such a brat mood. He's so full of himself It'd probably really irk him to be asked "Who are you?" by a 2.1m tall Yank. I bet the Carlton/Collingwood game is his favourite game of the year because the crowd actually gives him some attention.
I think he thinks it gives him some relevance. We know........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back