Multiplat Mass Effect Trilogy

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been toying with the idea of going back and replaying the games in the lead up to Andromeda. Not sure I will end up doing it given my other backlog though.

Mass Effect 2 Insanity is surprisingly simple and makes the game much more enjoyable.

Importing a lvl 60 ME1 character is way better than a lvl 30 ME2 character. Soldier with maxed out Adrenaline Rush is very powerful, especially combined with the DLC weapons.

How is the suicide mission on Insanity? That is the only thing that has stopped me doing an insanity play through.

Not that far yet. Did the 1st Collector Ship mission and now going through the loyalty missions before going for the IFF.

Horizon and the Collector Ship were both the hardest levels so far.

Horizon is hard enough on lower difficulties.

I want to retry 3 on insanity but I can't be bothered. Done most of the game then got to the final battle of the Citadel DLC and it was near on impossible to do so I gave up and switched to a lower difficulty. Having acquired the Omega DLC since then, I reckon the final battle of that will be even tougher than the Citadel one.

Horizon is hard enough on lower difficulties.

I want to retry 3 on insanity but I can't be bothered. Done most of the game then got to the final battle of the Citadel DLC and it was near on impossible to do so I gave up and switched to a lower difficulty. Having acquired the Omega DLC since then, I reckon the final battle of that will be even tougher than the Citadel one.

Did me3 insanity UNTIL that final boss fight in Omega. Got bitch slapped for four hours and decided id do citadel instead. Shep then just kept handing my arse to my in the cargo hold

For the omega fight you have to just ignore the adjutants and run like a *er until you free aria and she can draw some heat.

For citadel, i used to hide in the alcove in the left hand side. Put my two allies out front to draw fire, and just beat down evil shep when she charges in. On insanity however that alcove gets spammed with incindary grenades, and your mates get bitch slapped constantly

Once youre past the first wave its all good. They retreat to the back and you just send your mates in on suicide missions while using the sniper rifle

I remember doing a renegade play through for my insanity trophy. My reason being I had no intention of doing loyalty missions etc as I just wanted to minimise the missions to get the trophy. From memory, only Shep and one squad member survived lol.

I never played any of the DLC for ME3 - was going to wait for a remastered version with the DLC included. Was thinking of replaying it last night and buying the DLC but the ending, the quest system and less awesome squad (compared to ME2's roster) makes me hesitant. Maybe when I finish with Watch Dogs lol.

Citadel DLC is a bit of a drag but there are some good moments. I liked the Omega DLC but the end battle is really tough. They are both definitely worth getting if you can get them cheap.

I had heard Citadel is good for having one last hurrah with all your squad mates. Omega sounds like it could be fun though I never really like Aria lol. Wasn't there another one too? Leviathan or something?

Leviathan isn't really worth it I don't think. You get backstory on the Reapers but in terms of the battle for Earth you don't gain much. Plus, I feel the missions for it are boring. Try it if you can get it cheap.

Citadel is great for a last hurrah with your squad. There are some great moments but I feel the DLC as a whole drags on probably an hour longer than needed. If you do get it, don't do it until you have completed everything except Cerberus HQ so you have all squad mates.

Omega is good but I have always like Aria so getting to run around killing Cerberus with her was cool. The new enemies it introduces are pretty good (and challenging). The thing I like about it is that it is a long DLC but I have never really gotten bored playing it.

The Prothean DLC is worth it. Javik is a great character with some great moments- particularly if you take him and Liara on Priority: Thessia. I always take him and Garrus on missions. Plus, I love the Particle Rifle as it uses a cooldown system like ME1 instead of thermal clips so you don't need to go scrounging for ammo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leviathan isn't really worth it I don't think. You get backstory on the Reapers but in terms of the battle for Earth you don't gain much. Plus, I feel the missions for it are boring. Try it if you can get it cheap.

Citadel is great for a last hurrah with your squad. There are some great moments but I feel the DLC as a whole drags on probably an hour longer than needed. If you do get it, don't do it until you have completed everything except Cerberus HQ so you have all squad mates.

Omega is good but I have always like Aria so getting to run around killing Cerberus with her was cool. The new enemies it introduces are pretty good (and challenging). The thing I like about it is that it is a long DLC but I have never really gotten bored playing it.

The Prothean DLC is worth it. Javik is a great character with some great moments- particularly if you take him and Liara on Priority: Thessia. I always take him and Garrus on missions. Plus, I love the Particle Rifle as it uses a cooldown system like ME1 instead of thermal clips so you don't need to go scrounging for ammo.

Thanks for the thoughts gaskin - I ended up buying Shore leave, Leviathan and Omega last night for something ridiculous like $13 all up lol (god bless the January sales!). I already had the Prothean one from my ME3 preorder I think - you're right about it too, given the smaller squad options in ME3, getting Javik was awesome. His back story was also decent from memory. Plus, any excuse to leave Vega on the ship is a bonus. :p

No worries. Like I said, don't do the Citadel DLC until all you have left is Cerberus HQ and the attack on Earth to get the most out of it.

Was wondering about the order for the DLC to be played in. Good to know.

5973067+_74e58e4069183b71bfdf2c8a257f75b2.jpg

...and play ME3 now. :p

I had heard Citadel is good for having one last hurrah with all your squad mates. Omega sounds like it could be fun though I never really like Aria lol. Wasn't there another one too? Leviathan or something?

Leviathan is good only for the story, answers the last unanswered questions

Omega is fun, just a run and shoot and blow s**t up mission

Citadel i really liked, and if the last mission you do before taking on cerebus as gaskin said. Some good funny moments:

- squad members bitching that they never get picked to go with you
- tali drunk, again (this girl has issues) and impersonating the normandy
- bailing grunt out when he gets arrested at a noodle bar
- your obsession with how dumb you sound even though you are about to suffocate in a tube
- having a $6k toothbrush save the day
- grunt keeping the undesirables out of your party with his refined selection criteria

Leviathan is good only for the story, answers the last unanswered questions

Omega is fun, just a run and shoot and blow s**t up mission

Citadel i really liked, and if the last mission you do before taking on cerebus as gaskin said. Some good funny moments:

- squad members bitching that they never get picked to go with you
- tali drunk, again (this girl has issues) and impersonating the normandy
- bailing grunt out when he gets arrested at a noodle bar
- your obsession with how dumb you sound even though you are about to suffocate in a tube
- having a $6k toothbrush save the day
- grunt keeping the undesirables out of your party with his refined selection criteria

I think for mine, the awesome selection of squad mates across the games is probably close to my favourite thing about the series - so the chance to have some final moments with them should be fun!

I think for mine, the awesome selection of squad mates across the games is probably close to my favourite thing about the series - so the chance to have some final moments with them should be fun!

Citadel actually has a party afterwards, and you have a lot of interactions with all the squadies in that.

Was wondering about the order for the DLC to be played in. Good to know.

5973067+_74e58e4069183b71bfdf2c8a257f75b2.jpg

...and play ME3 now. :p

It doesn't really matter when you do Leviathan and Omega. Leviathan you can do a mission here and there but Omega and the Citadel you are stuck once you start them until you complete the DLC. Omega I'd suggest doing later in the game (unless you are already leveled up from previous plays) as there are some pretty powerful enemies.

Omega and Leviathan become available after Priority: Palavan while Citadel becomes available after Priority: Citadel II.

Citadel actually has a party afterwards, and you have a lot of interactions with all the squadies in that.

That's good to hear - that was one of my (smaller) gripes with ME3 that a lot of the characters you grow attached to in ME2 were mostly brief cameo appearances in ME3.

It doesn't really matter when you do Leviathan and Omega. Leviathan you can do a mission here and there but Omega and the Citadel you are stuck once you start them until you complete the DLC. Omega I'd suggest doing later in the game (unless you are already leveled up from previous plays) as there are some pretty powerful enemies.

Omega and Leviathan become available after Priority: Palavan while Citadel becomes available after Priority: Citadel II.

That's good to know. The more I think about, the more excited I will be to replay it. I replayed ME3 once (after they released the patch to fix the ending) but then left it. The original endings really soured any motivation to complete any of my other careers I had planned.

That's good to hear - that was one of my (smaller) gripes with ME3 that a lot of the characters you grow attached to in ME2 were mostly brief cameo appearances in ME3.

That's good to know. The more I think about, the more excited I will be to replay it. I replayed ME3 once (after they released the patch to fix the ending) but then left it. The original endings really soured any motivation to complete any of my other careers I had planned.

One tip. Take jarvis with liara to the mission on her homeworld. He pretty much spends the entire mission dismantling her entire belief system.

One tip. Take jarvis with liara to the mission on her homeworld. He pretty much spends the entire mission dismantling her entire belief system.

Haha will do!

Started a ME3 playthrough over the weekend and enjoying it again. Haven't played any of the DLC yet except for the Jarvik one. Forgot how annoying the side quest system is... :p

The problem with Leviathan is that it should never have been DLC. It should have been in the game to begin with. If you care enough about the lore of Mass Effect it is just a massive infodump of history and explanations as to why things are the way they are and
finally reveals an origin story for the Reapers

From Ashes should have also never been DLC as Javik is a key component to the story in my opinion (and I think the Thessia mission should have been locked to taking both Liara and Javik, that mission's ending is so much better with Javik present).

Citadel is incredibly out of place but it is a good bit of fun, is it's own thing rather than a story DLC.

Omega is boring and irrelevant to the overall story of ME3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back