FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s to bet they just allow this current “storm” to pass over and in a month or two they sign up again...

Hope so because George Gary and Matt are MC. I'd probably give it a go but it won't be the same. Ch 10 would be making a huge mistake - the show is huge world wide and even here it does extremely well in the all important younger demos

Could be a good thing, could be the beginning of the end.

One thing I know is that the crew will have a much more pleasant time on set.

My guess is the execs wanted George gone, and the others said "if he goes we all go". And off they go.

Hope so because George Gary and Matt are MC. I'd probably give it a go but it won't be the same. Ch 10 would be making a huge mistake - the show is huge world wide and even here it does extremely well in the all important younger demos

No doubt they will push the line “their demands were met”

Obvious PR exercise this.

Could be a good thing, could be the beginning of the end.

One thing I know is that the crew will have a much more pleasant time on set.

My guess is the execs wanted George gone, and the others said "if he goes we all go". And off they go.

Channel 10 saying publicly that they couldn't agree on new contracts with the three of them.

Good riddance, TBH. I recall the time when Preston was a fairly anonymous restaurant critic for The Age. Now he thinks he's the bee's knees.

What's the bet it'll be a bunch of "celebrities". The appeal of the original was that all three were well known in their field, but unknown out of it. I reckon it'll become something like The Project in aprons.

There was a bit of a social media push last night during the episode for Peter Gilmore to replace Colambaris. He has a measure of recognition from his time on the show, but isn't a big name.

Apparently they wanted a 40% payrise on a $1 million a year salary.

8714016-3x2-940x627.png

There was a bit of a social media push last night during the episode for Peter Gilmore to replace Colambaris. He has a measure of recognition from his time on the show, but isn't a big name.
Now they've gone they can bring back Marco and get it back to being a cooking show. IMO the season he did of "professionals" was the best local MC series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no great loss honestly.

Yes they will be. The show won’t recover if they aren’t there. They are half the show and a good reason the show is doing well. The alternatives have zero charisma too. I like Shannon but as a host he’s be as bland as. Poh...please no. Who else is there jeez! They aren’t getting Ramsay!

Yes they will be. The show won’t recover if they aren’t there. They are half the show and a good reason the show is doing well. The alternatives have zero charisma too. I like Shannon but as a host he’s be as bland as. Poh...please no. Who else is there jeez! They aren’t getting Ramsay!

it's Ch10, the answer is always Grant Denyer.

it's Ch10, the answer is always Grant Denyer.

And that’s the reason the show won’t last.

It’s also the reason this is so much PR saving face than actually wanting them gone. They will resign in 2 mths or so.

Just started watching the finale now. WTF is up with George's glasses?
Has Top Gear written all over it
50% of their audience left with Jeremy, James and Richard.
I'd agree about the manner in which they are leaving ("If Jeremy/George goes we all go"), but I don't think they are as integral to the show as CHM were to Top Gear

By his scoring in the first dish

Still better than Simon winning though
He scored Tessa one point less than the other judges in all three of the dishes.

It was always a two horse race and he set it up for Larissa.

In the end with alround 10s it didn’t make a difference but he sure set it up if it was close.

Interesting all three left, not just the one the public doesn't like anymore. Maybe moving to Sky News...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back