FTA-TV Masterchef 2020 (NO betting odds please)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Tessa having capers in her tartare sauce would have saved her? Twitter going (relatively) crazy over Reynold effectively being reminded of his need for sponge, but Tessa not being reminded of what her dish was missing
They probably did, but the editors may have left it out.

I wonder if Tessa having capers in her tartare sauce would have saved her? Twitter going (relatively) crazy over Reynold effectively being reminded of his need for sponge, but Tessa not being reminded of what her dish was missing

Oh well given the choice rather Reynold be safe as he’s more likely to be able to beat Poh.

I think Tessa has been faltering recently, so I'm not surprised she went out. Telling Reynold about the sponge didn't help him in that cook, he still went to the second round. Should they have told Tessa about the capers? I don't know, shouldn't she know? I'm glad Poh survived. Emelia is really impressing me at the moment and I think she might sneakily win this.

Last edited:
So the criticism was it was too much flavour...

These judges have been against Tessa from day 1
The criticism was that she didn't meet the brief. Mexican flavours in what's supposed to be an Indian dish is reasonable, don't you think?

The criticism was that she didn't meet the brief. Mexican flavours in what's supposed to be an Indian dish is reasonable, don't you think?

Nothing wrong with it. We won’t talk about the round 1 where they didn’t tell her about the capers.

I’m happy that Reynold is safe anyway he’s more likely to beat the one I don’t particularly want winning anyway.

Nothing wrong with it. We won’t talk about the round 1 where they didn’t tell her about the capers.

I’m happy that Reynold is safe anyway he’s more likely to beat the one I don’t particularly want winning anyway.
Poh can cook both Asian and European, both savoury and sweet so you better hope she is frantic for the rest of the competition....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poh can cook both Asian and European, both savoury and sweet so you better hope she is frantic for the rest of the competition....

I'm hoping she loses don't care who beats her really, I'd take 7 pasta dishes from Laura if that's what it takes.

Tessa is lovely, but she went for two relatively safe dishes last night - thought it was the right decision.

I haven't watched for a few seasons but reckon her and Simon have done really well having gone back to back series and not really having time to practice what they've learned from their original series.

I think so as well. He's been Mr. Consistent pretty much all the way through. Reece is also a chance.

Every time Reece surprises me to a degree. Still feel if he’s forced to go savoury there’s no way he beats the top few though. Just a gut feeling more than anything

Callum has the right blend of savoury and sweet talent. He’s got to be favourite from here

If there were service challenges he'd be the hot favourite, just a gut feeling but I recon he'll come 3rd or 4th or something like that. Do feel the others have better "best" dishes, Callum is the best all rounder in the comp though.

Reynolds was less technical?

the challenge was bring us something we’ve never seen before.

tessa brought a new fusion concept with food that had ‘too much flavour and detracted from the fish’.

reynold brought a nicely plated ice cream and sponge. something we’ve seen from him a million times and what is his stock in trade.

for the record i like reynold and tessa but saying tessa played it safe i just don’t buy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back