Remove this Banner Ad

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Hey guys im a tiger i just want to know who do you think will play on eachother from both teams and who you should try and tag etc, Who are the dangers at tigerland. Let me hear what u think

I'd say we'll be keen to keep Brown quiet, but I wouldn't be suprised if Richmond rested a few senior players so it's hard to tell. I suppose Coughlan and Johnson are the biggest midfield threats and it might be an idea to let Birss have a crack in there.

Yeh well Campbell,Gasper and Bowden arent playing

So other than that we have a full list to choose from.

Originally posted by gridlocked
I doubt Brown will play.

If he's fit he should. You don't leave someone you've caused that much fuss over out of the side unless something is wrong. With a few others likely to be left out, they have to leave some class in there. Keep in mind that Frawley needs results early or he could lose his job before the seasons out if things go wrong. Starting out with a first up elimination in the Wizzer would hurt, particularly if its a bad one to the previous years' spooners and even if they did beat us convincingly last time we played, fielding a second rate side against us could end in disaster.

I would Honestly Rather Brown to miss out in the wizza cup and play Round 8 when we play u. It will be more emotion and people watching. It could be like Wayne Carey vs the Kangaroos and Nick Davis vs the pies. Dont ya think it would be better.

We still got Cogs, Ottens and Johnson playin so theres class for ya

Yeh sure mate i was just about to do that.

I dont know how many Youngsters are gonna play so i will just do what i think will happen:

FB: Weller ~ Zantuck ~ A.Kellaway
HB: Chaffey ~ Hall ~ Hilton
C: Tivendale ~ Johnson ~ Brown
HF: Morrison ~ Stafford ~ Shultz
FF: Krakouer ~ Richo ~ Blumfield
Foll: Ottens ~ Coughlan ~ Newman
Int: Tuck ~ Rodan ~ Marsh ~ Raines ~ Gilmour ~ Hyde

Not 100% sure

Originally posted by wrennyboy
HB: Chaffey ~ Hall ~ Campbell
Int: Tuck ~ Rodan ~ Marsh ~ Raines ~ Gilmour ~ Hilton

Not 100% sure
Good effort.

That forward line looks a bit top heavy with Morrison, Staff, Richo and Shultz which may force us to play Harris, Grant, Morgan and Basset. Otherwise Hargrave or Koops will take one.

Not sure who Weller is but your backline looks a little short. We could exploit that by playing all or a combination of Rawlings, Bowden, Bandy and a resting ruck.

yeh well its Just experimental. Weller was another recruit we got from the lions that could get a game. For that backline i will give u there height and weight.

Luke Weller- 188cm 91kg
Ty Zantuck- 186cm,91kg
Mark Chaffey- 179cm, 80kg
Rory Hilton- 189cm,86kg
A.Kellaway- 190cm,88kg
Ray Hall- 196cm,92kg

I actually Forgot a few people so this is what i really think it will be:

HB: Chaffey ~ Hall ~ Hilton
Int: Tuck ~ Rodan ~ Marsh ~ Fiora ~ Hartigan ~ Fleming

Rested: Hyde,Campbell,Bowden,Nicholls,Gilmour,Raines,Jackson,Houlihan,Pettifer,Archibald,Foley,Moore,Dragga,D.Kellaway,Fletcher,Roach,
Rogers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we play Grant on Richo at CHB? Richo tends to lead and lead out to nowhere - ges heaps of ball on centre wing etc...

Might be a case of playing Bandy on Richo if he plays at CHF for the tigers, seeing as he has the aerobic capacity and height to make life difficult for Richo. Two clutzes cancelling each other out.

Leave Grant playing loose man or manning up a third tall they put into the back line to stretch us. Their defence is pretty short, so a Rawlings, Bowdo and Darce/Street combo would be sufficient to let Bandy play in defence.

what do you think?

If Richo wanted to push up the ground and take marks on the wing than Grant would be a good option as he could play off him and read the play along the half back line. However if Richo played deeper than you would probably want someone else on him and let Grant take Morrison and he could help out whoever was on Richo

Taking Grant away from the action would be a win for Richmond, plus Richos speed/endurance would be greater than Grants. Waste of Grant to get him shagged out running around centre wing IMO.

Richo will be a Full Forward This year. He has put on muscle apparantly so he will be playin an alaistar lynch type Role.

Morrison,Brown,Stafford and Ottens will be the main leading targets running from forward 50 to the centre.

Originally posted by stefoid
Would we play Grant on Richo at CHB? Richo tends to lead and lead out to nowhere - ges heaps of ball on centre wing etc...

Might be a case of playing Bandy on Richo if he plays at CHF for the tigers, seeing as he has the aerobic capacity and height to make life difficult for Richo. Two clutzes cancelling each other out.

Leave Grant playing loose man or manning up a third tall they put into the back line to stretch us. Their defence is pretty short, so a Rawlings, Bowdo and Darce/Street combo would be sufficient to let Bandy play in defence.

what do you think?
I think this could be one of the major dilemmas we could have this year.I would much rather see Grant playing on the second or third tall preferably the least mobile of the talls.The problem is that Harris is more your stay at home punch from behind type defender and probably doesn't have the ability to match it with the super athletic talls like Richo.While we have a more versatile line up this year alot of our defenders are one dimensional and need the right match up other than Grant.Its going to be a steep learning curve for someone like Harris playing on players that he is not physically able to keep up with.Hopefully Crofty can teach him a thing or two about cutting down the angles and playing smart.Hargrave will be a key or us again this season because he is genuinely versatile.

On Bandy I dont see him playing down back this season he is just to valuable to us up forward as a proven tall.He has never impressed me all that much as a defender and I think that most tall forwards would do him on the burst.He is a long strider but because of his frame he just cant have that explosive burst off the mark that a guy like Richo has.Best off playing him where he will play the majority of the season rather than throwing him down back for one game for the sake of a match up.Give a young bloke like Harris a chance to learn a thing or two.

Thats the problem then cause all our talls are quiet mobile.

Stafford,Richo,Morrison,Shultzy and Blumfield moves around alot. and btw richo will dice up harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back