Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gutted for the Dees. Time for a clean out - new coaches, new board, new boot studders.

New players?

I don't know why players are let off the hook all the time. You have a handful of players who deserve the jumper (Nathan Jones, Aaron Davey tonight, Jeremy Howe, Mitch Clarke), but many of your players aren't up to it, and should be sacked ASAP. e.g. Jack Watts, Colin Sylvia.

I would put every player on notice- perform or you are gone from the club-no excuses! Seperate the wheat from the chaff. It may put you back a season or two, but then you can recruit and keep players who want to play for the club and the jumper.

Melbourne need to get a good recruiter. Recruiters are underrated, and I would say that they are the most important person at the club, more than coach or players. Why? Because decisions the recruiter makes will have ramifications for 10-12 years. Bad recruiting means that the best gameplan cannot be adequately carried out, but good recruiting helps a coach implement a gameplan which can be carried out by the players. Bailey tried to get Melbourne to follow a Geelong gameplan, but they are not Geelong. Neeld has them trying to play like Collingwood, but they are not Collingwood. You need the players to carry out a good gameplan, and that depends on the recruiter.

Far as I know, he's the Pies' forward coach at present.

Certainly Alistair Lynch would be worth going after. And Matthew Lloyd. Currently he's at the AIS-AFL academy.
Not sure we need more hacks from collingwood. Rocca wasn't exactly the most cerebral player.

What are the club finances like atm? i remember a few years ago you didnt have two coins to rub together and cleanouts (payouts) and new hires get expensive pretty quickly

What are the club finances like atm? i remember a few years ago you didnt have two coins to rub together and cleanouts (payouts) and new hires get expensive pretty quickly

Finances are fantastic. Team not so.

Better to be s**t and rich than s**t and poor, just ask fitzroy

If Melbourne were poor we'd be goners. We are doing well, but we need to see improvement soon. It hurts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the tradition of my club being the second oldest after yours', and for me the most natural rival for Geelong is the one team with a longer history in our great game. As such, I derive no pleasure whatsoever from your current situation.

I have no trite opinions or solutions to offer you lot, except to say that I hold those of you who love their club and care enough to come back here and post in the highest regard. I really hope the days of darkness end soon for you all.

I stayed till the end, profited $220 today on the footy so I'm happy with that.

What can you say about the footy?

Neeld, McLardy, Schwab, Mahoney and all the rest out.

I love the tradition of my club being the second oldest after yours', and for me the most natural rival for Geelong is the one team with a longer history in our great game. As such, I derive no pleasure whatsoever from your current situation.

I have no trite opinions or solutions to offer you lot, except to say that I hold those of you who love their club and care enough to come back here and post in the highest regard. I really hope the days of darkness end soon for you all.

Thanks mate, that means a lot more to me than the rubbish shallow pity posts generally directed at us.

I'd say we've improved our recruitment staff in recent years. It seems pretty obvious that development is the big problem.
Nope, your list management (think about ex Melbourne players playing good footy at other clubs right now)has been appalling and you have wasted valuable ND picks.

The facts are your recruiters mucked up the following first round picks
Pick 12 - Cook
Pick 11 - Gysberts
Pick 18 - Tapscott
Pick 1 - Watts
Pick 19 - Strauss
Pick 4 Morton

Jury still out on Pick 2 - Trengove and Pick 17 Blease, is that fair to say?

That's 1, 4, 11, 12, 18, 19 wasted. GWS didn't waste similar picks.

And you've sacked/delisted/traded away cheaply a host of players now playing good footy elsewhere. These are the players that would have provided a stable base for your young players today.

Not sure how you can rectify the predicament, bringing in mature has been spuds from other clubs over summer wasn't the answer. If you can't get something positive happening then you will continue to bleed away good players who want out. What does Clark think of his decision to go to the Dees rather than go to Freo? What will your gun 17yo (can't think of his name) be thinking right now, probably working out how he gets back to WA!

I feel for you guys but hell it's going to be a long road back. You need a clean out at the top and need to find someone like a Paul Roos to rebuild your club. Good luck, none of us want to see a club this far down the chute.

Sorry if I've been harsh but those are the facts

If Melbourne were poor we'd be goners. We are doing well, but we need to see improvement soon. It hurts.
Im trying to resist the urge to post 'chin up' style comments because the pity is probably almost as bad as tonights game, thoughts are with you guys though. im a norwood boy living in melbourne so id like to hear a little more grand old flag

Nope, your list management (think about ex Melbourne players playing good footy at other clubs right now)has been appalling and you have wasted valuable ND picks.

Pick 12 - Cook
Pick 11 - Gysberts
Pick 18 - Tapscott
Pick 1 - Watts
Pick 19 - Strauss
Pick 4 Morton

And you've sacked/delisted/traded away cheaply a host of players now playing good footy elsewhere. These are the players that would have provided a stable base for your young players today.

Not sure how you can rectify the predicament, bringing in mature has been spuds from other clubs over summer wasn't the answer. If you can't get something positive happening then you will continue to bleed away good players who want out. What does Clark think of his decision to go to the Dees rather than go to Freo? What will your gun 17yo (can't think of his name) be thinking right now, probably working out how he gets back to WA!

I feel for you guys but hell it's going to be a long road back. You need a clean out at the top and need to find someone like a Paul Roos to rebuild your club. Good luck, none of us want to see a club this far down the chute.

GWS didn't waste similar picks because they have had so many of them. When you have 15 of the first twenty picks, like GC and GWS have, you will get six or seven good players guaranteed.

Don't compare a club like Melbourne like manufactured teams like Gold Coast and GWS, who have a bigger salary cap, heaps of draft picks, and can tie up players coming out of contract, before anyone else gets a go.

Bringing in those two new clubs have stuffed already struggling clubs for years, because of all the draft picks they got.

Pick 12 - Cook
Pick 11 - Gysberts
Pick 18 - Tapscott
Pick 1 - Watts
Pick 19 - Strauss
Pick 4 Morton

Cook cant even get a game for N Ballarat. Says a lot about Barry Pretendergast. Elite my ass. You f***wit Barry.

GWS didn't waste similar picks because they have had so many of them. When you have 15 of the first twenty picks, like GC and GWS have, you will get six or seven good players guaranteed.

Don't compare a club like Melbourne like manufactured teams like Gold Coast and GWS, who have a bigger salary cap, heaps of draft picks, and can tie up players coming out of contract, before anyone else gets a go.

Bringing in those two new clubs have stuffed already struggling clubs for years, because of all the draft picks they got.

And he's also confusing the chicken and the egg there, I'd say.

Who knows what kind of players those guys would've turned into at clubs with better player development programmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back