Preview Melbourne Vs Richmond @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're all still venting and absolutely pissed off about Melbourne's effort, but I really do not give a single **** anymore.

Here's my effort - Melbourne FC WHERE THE **** IS YOURS???

Melbourne
Round 1: Port Adelaide 19.19 (133) defeated Melbourne 8.6 (54)
Round 2: Essendon 28.16 (184) defeated Melbourne 5.6 (36)
Round 3: West Coast 27.15 (177) defeated Melbourne 13.5 (83)
Round 4: Melbourne 22.12 (144) defeated Greater Western Sydney 15.13 (103)
Round 5: Brisbane 17.20 (122) defeated Melbourne 14.10 (94)
Round 6: Carlton 18.13 (121) defeated Melbourne 8.12 (60)
Round 7: Gold Coast 16.18 (114) defeated Melbourne 7.12 (54)

Well that was our most embarrassing display of the season last week. Yes, looking at both sides, Gold Coast did have more experience on their list by virtue of many injuries, but you do not lose by 10 goals to a three year old side at your home ground. But, full credit to Gold Coast, they gelled together as a team far better than we did, and we weren't prepared to put in the effort. Let's hope Neeld (or whichever moo on that coaching staff is in charge by this time Thursday) absolutely flogs them on the training track - they should be able to deal with that, after all, they said they've been flying on the track haven't they?

Players To Watch
Everyone. Sylvia, Terlich, Viney, M Jones and probably Struass excluded, the rest of them were terrible last week and they really have to lift their game. No captains, no excuse. It is not hard to come together as a team - they couldn't even do that when the stretcher came out, get together as a team and get the group message stuck into them. Do I have much more to say about this mob apart from give it a bloody go this week?

Richmond
Round 1: Richmond 14.22 (106) defeated Carlton 14.17 (101)
Round 2: Richmond 14.15 (99) defeated St Kilda 12.10 (82)
Round 3: Richmond 20.15 (135) defeated Footscray 10.8 (68)
Round 4: Collingwood 16.17 (113) defeated Richmond 11.13 (79)
Round 5: Fremantle 12.9 (81) defeated Richmond 12.8 (80)
Round 6: Geelong 20.11 (131) defeated Richmond 13.9 (87)
Round 7: Richmond 18.6 (114) defeated Port Adelaide 10.13 (73)

A big win for the Tigers last week which gets their season back on track, dominating the high flying Power in the process. Kicked eight goals to three in the first quarter and they will favour themselves to do even better this week. Richmond have only really put in one poor performance thus far this season, the game against Collingwood where they really had no answer for Cloke, but otherwise they will more than likely go to 5-3 and cement a spot in the eight for now.

Players To Watch
Shaun Grigg: Tore Melbourne to shreds in both meetings last year. Had 37 disposals in round three, and followed that up with a haul of 35 in the return game last season. Grigg has been very serviceable since arriving at the Tigers from Carlton in 2011, averaging 26 disposals against the Dees since he started wearing the yellow and black.

Jack Riewoldt: Normally you would have favoured Chippa to do a number on him but since his All-Australian days he has fallen so far out of form it's not funny, and with Jumping Jack kicking five last week he might well look forward to another bag. If Tom McDonald's shoulder injury is serious enough to force him to miss another week Chippa will struggle for support and this will favour Riewoldt, who came away from the round 15 game with an inaccurate 1.5.

Brett Deledio: Very highly doubt Trent Cotchin will be risked against the Dees unless he's 100%, so Jordie has to do the job on Lids. Deledio was excellent against the Power last week, collecting 32 disposals at 75% efficiency, and scoring 163 SuperCoach points for his troubles. Let him off the hook and he may well score a similar number again.

Prediction
Good lord, this will get ugly. Let's put these two teams in perspective. 688 days ago, Melbourne and Richmond met for a spot in the eight. Melbourne won by 27 points, we set a record for tackles inside 50 and if it weren't for kicking 2.10 in the third quarter we might have won by a little bit more. It was a fair reflection of where the two sides were at. Melbourne have won seven of 38 games since, Richmond 17 and a half. And with games to come against Fremantle @ Perth, Hawthorn and Collingwood to come, things will not get any rosier for Melbourne. Let's just hope for an effort. It's all we can do.

Our last game was a win to us by 20 something points from memory.

We have more injuries than we did in that game. Could be a close game, we don't pump teams especially in the wet.

It's ok if you want to say you will win by 60 points or more, we won't hold it against you.

I'm thinking JReiwoldt will get off the leash for the first time against us, Frawley is almost dead in the water, can't kick and can't run anymore.

We have more injuries than we did in that game. Could be a close game, we don't pump teams especially in the wet.

The sole reason was that your mob kicked 13.23.

Kick 23.13 and it's a bit of a different story.

It's ok if you want to say you will win by 60 points or more, we won't hold it against you.

I'm thinking JReiwoldt will get off the leash for the first time against us, Frawley is almost dead in the water, can't kick and can't run anymore.

I want to win by that much but I can't see it happening

I want to win by that much but I can't see it happening
Your insincere modesty is not welcome.

We will likely have a banter thread as is the custom when we play Richmond but this is not the place for your insincerity.

No need to respond to this post just don't post in this thread.

I've been to every game at the G' so far this year, but I'm really debating whether to go to this one, because it's an away game. I might get up for it, but right now I just don't know.

Will be a challenge for Rance against Max Gawn. Despite how terrible Melbourne have been it seems you have unearthed a talent in big Maxy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forecast is OK (cloudy, 16), although it's still a long way off.

You do have a point that we haven't inflicted any huge margins yet, but really, we haven't been in a position to for some time. We got a good win against port, but that margin was pretty much all from the 1st qtr, the next 3 were pretty much even.

I hope for and expect a win, maybe even a big one, but as a long term Richmond supporter and with our history in mind, this is just the sort of game we're likely to drop.

BTW, on the injury front, Cotchin & Vickery are pretty much certainties to be available, wouldn't be too shocked in Vickery comes in for Maric (he was hurt 2 games back, played this week, but didn't look 100%, so could get a rest...Especially as big O did well enough to be retained). Petterd and Grimes are also decent chances, but if there is any doubt, I'm sure they'll be rested or given a half game at Coburg

Every chance Griffiths may come in purely to stand Gawn, though Rance may get him and run him around. Do you think Frawley still has the competitiveness to lift against Jack? I always thought they would have a fierce rivalry for a decade.

Is there a cup for this game?

The David Rodan/Brad Miller/Clay Sampson/Michael Pickering/Strawbs ODwyer cup.

There was something called the Berry Street Cup or something but that was ages ago. A very good organization but I don't think it's on anymore.

Also, we're not insincere or anything like that, we're Richmond and because of that I think it's going to be a closer game than you think it will be after the first quarter.

There was something called the Berry Street Cup or something but that was ages ago. A very good organization but I don't think it's on anymore.

Also, we're not insincere or anything like that, we're Richmond and because of that I think it's going to be a closer game than you think it will be after the first quarter.

Nah, it will be a closer game than we think in the first half. We'll come out relatively fired up (i.e. still half asleep), compete well, lay some big tackles, really try hard, but somehow avoid kicking goals. Then you'll get a quick rebound, then a lucky clearance out of the middle, then a cheap free kick, and then we'll roll over meekly and you will smash us for the remainder of the game.

That's just the way it is, some things will never change.

Nah, it will be a closer game than we think in the first half. We'll come out relatively fired up (i.e. still half asleep), compete well, lay some big tackles, really try hard, but somehow avoid kicking goals. Then you'll get a quick rebound, then a lucky clearance out of the middle, then a cheap free kick, and then we'll roll over meekly and you will smash us for the remainder of the game.

That's just the way it is, some things will never change.

Are you a script write at the AFL?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back