Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Barbell lunges are amazing for an all over burn. I like to go light-ish (60kg) and do 10 half squats toes pointed inwards (for sweep/tear drop), then lunge for 12 (6 each leg), then a further 10 half squats with toes inwards. It's definitely best with a training partner but otherwise just press that sonbitch.

so i had a pm discussion w/ whomb (we bag all you blokes in secret) and got to talking about leg development and i said that i love single leg exercises, heavy and deep, for legs size and here's why:

gA15n.jpg

never done leg press or leg extensions and i don't intend to...and you can't even see my giant arse

so i had a pm discussion w/ whomb (we bag all you blokes in secret) and got to talking about leg development and i said that i love single leg exercises, heavy and deep, for legs size and here's why:

gA15n.jpg

never done leg press or leg extensions and i don't intend to...and you can't even see my giant arse
Your obviously on roids man.

Not quite the legs of big Kirky up there and unfortunately lighting wasn't as good as I hoped, but here is the lower body.

Looking back over them photos are pretty poor but I promised them, so here they are. Definitely getting the missus to do it next time in some decent light...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coupe of questions, why head down? everywhere I have read/seen & been instructed suggests head up even to start. And I'm trying to keep it predominantly posterior chain not lift as much weight as possible, I have tried to mirror the hip flexion angle I get while sprinting on a bike.

And with the neutral spine posi it looks alright to me, maybe a little lumbar lumbar curvature on the bottom of my first lift. Cheers

Coupe of questions, why head down? everywhere I have read/seen & been instructed suggests head up even to start. And I'm trying to keep it predominantly posterior chain not lift as much weight as possible, I have tried to mirror the hip flexion angle I get while sprinting on a bike.

And with the neutral spine posi it looks alright to me, maybe a little lumbar lumbar curvature on the bottom of my first lift. Cheers

the cervical spine is not meant to extend like that...imagine walking around looking up to the sky all day? give yourself a double chin while deadlifting always and excessive extension at the cervical spine will result in excessive extension at the lumbar spine which moves you into anterior pelvic tilt which we all know means limited recruitment of the glutes/hams

as long as your pushing your hips back as far as they will go then you'll be hitting the posterior chain

i meant neutral spine at the cervical spine

after 1 last look and with the sound up this time, great background song from the best band that ever lived, and are you keeping the bar tight against your shins/ it doesn't have to rub against them but it should fall forwards so that it's directly under your shoulders, it should be held in close by the lats

Sup Brahs. For some reason this forum was blocked every time I logged in but fixed now.

Height: 180cm
Weight: 84
Body type: Ecto (but skinny fat)
Qualifications in the industry: none

Supplements: Whey Protein, Creatine, Jack3d. Various Vitamins / Fish Oil (standard stuff really)

Diet: Doing Keto at the Moment.

Goals: Stay around 80kg and as shredded as possible

Just finished stronglifts to get strength up.

Got up to 5 X 5 @ 140kg for squats
Rows and Bench was only 5 X 5 @ 85kg
Standing Shoulder only got up to 5 X 5 @ 50kg

Would trade some of the squats to the other lifts. :(

Workout is different now that I'm doing keto.

Just a few points:

If you're "skinny fat", you're not ecto. You're just skinny.

Your Squats seem ridiculously high for your weight and considering your other lifts. I can almost guarantee you're not doing them properly/going deep enough.

No worries!

Kong, if I put up a video for you would you give me some tips to improve my squatting technique?

Well I'm back after 5 weeks away, looking very worse for wear, but worth it. I couldn't get enough of the cuisine (especially Vietnamese) and why not accompany that with a few ridiculously cheap drinks every day..

Shouldn't take long to get back into it, it all starts again tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back