Fixture Mens 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Rounds 16-23, number of times your team play off a 5 or 6 day break, and with the opponent having 7+day break:

3- Fremantle, Essendon
2- Adelaide, Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney
0- GWS
1- everyone else

Approximate return distance travelled to play away in rounds 16-23 by the only two teams with 3 disadvantageous breaks:

Fremantle 30000km (trips to Sydney X2, Launceston and Melbourne)
Essendon 150km ( trip to Geelong)

Thanks AFL

Rounds 16-23, number of times your team play off a 5 or 6 day break, with the opponent having 7+day break
3- Fremantle, Essendon
0- GWS
1- everyone else

Approximate return distance travelled to play away in rounds 16-23 by the only two teams with 3 disadvantageous breaks

Thanks AFL
Yep, that seems about right

Rounds 16-23, number of times your team play off a 5 or 6 day break, and with the opponent having 7+day break:

3- Fremantle, Essendon
0- GWS
1- everyone else

Approximate return distance travelled to play away in rounds 16-23 by the only two teams with 3 disadvantageous breaks:

Thanks AFL
And yet the club will bend over an accept it making no noise whatsoever

Annoyed both games in Sydney I am already busy.

Have a mates wedding for the GWS game.

And his bucks party is the day we play the Swans.
stan marsh GIF by South Park

Already booked up for Friday/Saturday that weekend in Newcastle for the Swans game.

If it was the 1pm game on Sunday i would have come back and gone probs depending on how i was going.
Damn.

Missed it by the proverbial

3- Fremantle, Essendon
0- GWS
1- everyone else

Thanks AFL
HMMMMM

here the numbers

Brisbane 2 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 18th May & 27th July
Essendon 2(6 day versus 7 day break) 25th May & 16 Aug. 2 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 29th June & 10th Aug
Gold Coast 2 (6 day versus 7 day break) 8th June & 10th Aug
Collingwood 1 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 16th June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 3rd Aug
Sydney 1 ( 6 day break versus 9 day break) 15th June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 13th July, 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 3rd Aug
Giants 1 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 22nd June
Port Adeliade 1 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 22nd June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Fremantle 3 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 29th June & 27th July & 10th Aug
Carlton 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Hawthorn 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Richmond 2 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July & 3rd Aug
Geelong 1 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 12th July
Melbourne 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 13th July, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 27th July
West Coast 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 20th July
North Melbourne 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 27th July
Adelaide 2 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 3rd Aug & 17 Aug
St Kilda 1 ( 6 day breaK Versus 7 day break) 17th Aug

HMMMMM

here the numbers

Brisbane 2 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 18th May & 27th July
Essendon 2(6 day versus 7 day break) 25th May & 16 Aug. 2 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 29th June & 10th Aug
Gold Coast 2 (6 day versus 7 day break) 8th June & 10th Aug
Collingwood 1 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 16th June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 3rd Aug
Sydney 1 ( 6 day break versus 9 day break) 15th June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 13th July, 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 3rd Aug
Giants 1 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 22nd June
Port Adeliade 1 (6 day break versus 8 day break) 22nd June, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Fremantle 3 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 29th June & 27th July & 10th Aug
Carlton 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Hawthorn 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July
Richmond 2 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 6th July & 3rd Aug
Geelong 1 (6 day break versus 7 day break) 12th July
Melbourne 1 ( 6 day break versus 8 day break) 13th July, 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 27th July
West Coast 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 20th July
North Melbourne 1 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 27th July
Adelaide 2 ( 6 day break versus 7 day break) 3rd Aug & 17 Aug
St Kilda 1 ( 6 day breaK Versus 7 day break) 17th Aug
You have dates in there before round 16, amongst other things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have dates in there before round 16
just showing all the games from now until the penultimate round.'''

Sadly i onyl had 5 minutes break from work so was a little rushed in compiling the sprreadsheet so could be an error. happy to fix it if you find it .

just showing all the games from now until the penultimate round.
Okay, I was only concerned with what they had decided to inflict as of today.
Which shows we were shafted
now shows they balancing out the start of the year good fixturing for other teams. by end of year nearly all teams have to do short breaks versus other teams

Sadly Fremantle are still on the higher side .

but Jordan Clarke posted they love short breaks !!

Sometimes I get angry at our teams performances then I realise the afl fks us every way they can and it somehow relaxes me. We are pushing poop up hill just to be competitive. The afl hates us

I hate the AFL’s power to manipulate the season more than it already does
At least it rewards early year performance.

Better than that year a few back where Carlton got every second Friday and barely even troubled the eight.

I think ditching Thursday nights is nuts, all it's done has made every other game overlap.

Sat 4.20/4.40 is becoming a favourite slot and for obvious reasons – you don't have to rush around in the morning and you can get home or to the pub at a reasonable hour. Fridays are a privilege but they're shithouse in terms of logistics. you live and work in the suburbs and have to rush around to be at the 'G by 7, or you work in the city and have to rush even more to go back and forth or you have to hang around the city in the cold for two hours and spend money.

Sunday 3.20 is great as well.

Feel like there's heaps of scope to juggle the fixture, think Thursday has to become permanent but then even juggling seven games and three time zones (sometimes four) over two days is hard.

Sat 1.40, 4.10, 7.30 then Sunday 1.10, 3.20, 6.40(/4.40 AWST) should be locked in but I reckon there's scope to find a new timeslot somewhere for that extra game.

Wouldn't mind if each broadcaster had their own Super Saturday/Sunday too.

Mondays are shithouse but yeah, maybe a floating ninth game.

Giants get shithouse crowds and want the AFL to give them Saturday arvos (because half the tickets are given to Auskickers for free and they get shuttled to the ground after their games), wouldn't be against forcing them into being a TV team who play midweek or something. they're clearly not picking up fans. would probably cut through and give them an edge for Sydney tv watchers/children/people with no taste.

I hate Friday night games. No transport and a pig to get to.
They're worthless in Perth. they have to start at 6 o'clock but it's the one city in Australia where people don't work or live in a centralised area. they're always shunned as the second game too and the majority of the fun of Friday nights are the fact they're the established blockbuster slot.

Everyone knows no one else is watching and it's always against shithouse interstate sides like Sydney or Port who have no WA supporter base.

I am glad there's no Friday night games, but I feel we have been disadvantaged with such short turn arounds

They also made it difficult for West Australians to plan to get to Melbourne games etc

I am glad there's no Friday night games, but I feel we have been disadvantaged with such short turn arounds

They also made it difficult for West Australians to plan to get to Melbourne games etc
Some long turn arounds in there too
8 day turn around for our next game
9 day turn around the following game

Then our bye for 13 days turnaround

followed by another 8 day turnaround

Then two more 8 days turn around in the middle of a few short 6 day turn arounds

OVer all it not too bad for rest of year. our 5 day turnaround is done. Sadly we lost that one , but i think Cam McCarthy incident was bigger effect on result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back