Competition Merger Of The Week 10 - Adelaide, Western Bulldogs and Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll get in first, btw give me a break on the criticism, it's my first jumper

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Adelaide Dalmations

After winning the premiership, Collingwood bet with Adelaide that they would get more members. Whoever didn't win would be forced to merge with the Bulldogs. All parties agreed with this, except the AFL decided that if Adelaide was part of the merger then the team would be located in Adelaide. The bet was signed by everyone and they got to selling their memberships. Collingwood took an early lead, but the people of Adelaide all got behind their team with three game memberships so they could get more than their stadium holds, which were counted in the deal. They quickly closed the gap. By the end of the season, after both had played incredible, both making the Grand Final and Adelaide winning, the memberships were counted. Both teams had exactly 72,345 members. Because neither team won, they were both forced to merge with the Bulldogs, with Adelaide keeping the location and the nickname became dalmations, from the dog part of the Bulldogs and the black and white spots on a magpie.

collingwoodallstars.png

Collingwood All-Stars

WBAdelColl.png

Collingwood was a stupid unnecessary element to have in this merger idea. As a result, no back-story with this entry, it's just an idea which came to mind.

Name: Western Cows Football Club

Mascot: Cow - the name has been derived from:
Crow - r = Cow
Bulldog - dog = Bull​

Colours: Black and white (These are the colours of Collingwood, as well as the colours of Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. Additionally, white also comes from the Bulldogs.)

Home: The Western Cows home jumper is black and white version of Footscray's 1975-96 guernsey. There are also similarities to the 1930 South Australian state jumper worn by Adelaide as a heritage jumper in 2005. The jumper also coincidentally looks like the jumper of former NRL team Western Suburbs Magpies in 1916–1939 and 1950–1958, which references both the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood Magpies.

Clash: The Western Cows clash jumper follows the same pattern as Collingwood's clash jumper - simply inverting the colours of the home jumper.

107nhn7.png

Adelaide Jackals
Each club was allowed to bring one colour and one stripe, hence the blue, red and white and the two horizontal stripes and the one vertical stripe. The team was located in Adelaide because of the too many clubs in Melbourne issue. Therefore the nickname had to represent Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs. The Jackal was chosen because the two clubs had won "Jack all" in the past 50 years!*

*The year 1990 doesn't exist in this alternate reality!;)

doggies.png

Southern Bulldogs
Both the Black and white of Collingwood has been retained in this merger and the bulldogs have kept their red and white along with Adelaide who have retained the red and navy from their guernsey.

The Bulldog was chosen as the mascot as it was thought to have the best appeal out of the three, the club was named Southern Bulldogs is because the three merger clubs all come from southern cities of Australia.

The home guernsey pays homage to Collingwoods vertical stripes and the clash guernsey to Adelaide's hoops (even though the stripes are a bit thicker than usual).

Name: Collingwood Crows
Colours: Black(for Collingwood), Blue(for Bulldogs), Red(for Bulldogs and Adelaide), White(for Bulldogs and Collingwood)
Home: The home jumper is predominately black as the hoops have little relevance to Collingwood. The hoops are in the form of the Adelaide ones which are together and the Western Bulldogs 1930? jumper which the hoops were together. The top hoop is red(like Adelaides) and the bottom hoop is white(like Western Bulldogs). The logo is the Adelaide's old crow.
Clash: The clash jumper is predominately white and is an inverse of the home jumper.

Note: Don't mind the hideous yellow spot at the sponsor place. I think it was an idea suggested back a couple of months that we make a logo to represent our BF account or something? If you're wondering what it is, the circle has a light blue outline in the shape of a "M" if you keep following it through into the inside. From where the "M" is, an "i" intersects it and goes to the top. The "O" is the shape which in all represents MIO which is MobItOut :rolleyes:

adelcollbullhomeaway.png

Collingwood said that the stripes must stay- as did apparel sponsor Adidas.
The Crows maintained that their colours must be used, but sensibly said as long as they had 2/3, they would be happy.
Footscray were not concerned about colours or design, but insisted that whatever happens, they be known as the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Introducing the Mount Gambier Bird Dogs.

The logo was created in association with video gaming company Nintendo and features an image from the classic Nintendo game Duck Hunt, with the famous dog holding two birds, but rather than being ducks they are a Crow and a Magpie.

The Guernseys do not feature any colours from the three clubs as when the merger happened the decision was made to take colours from the Blue Lake which is located near Mount Gambier. These colours are Cobalt Blue and Steel Blue with a third neutral colour of white.

The home guernsey is based on the short lived 1935 Footscray guernsey, the away also features a V but has side pannels that when combined with the V form the shape of an M, The clash features two horizontal stripes across the chest.

MtGambier.png

I haven't done away/clash ones for these. Will get around to it if I can.

The Adelaide PieDogs: It's 2015, and Collingwood purchase the Western Bulldogs with money found in Eddie McGuire's petty cash tin, renaming them the West Collingwood PieDogs. The AFL in retaliation, forces the new club to relocate to Adelaide, and merge with the struggling Crows, to become the Adelaide PieDogs.

AdelaidePieDogs.png

And one with a less elaborate back story (ie. no back story) of a merger of just the Bulldogs and Crows, seeing as merging three teams is kind of a stupid idea, and those two got the most votes (yes, I realise this entry is probably invalid, but oh well).

The Adelaide Bulldogs:
AdelaideBulldogs.png

It was decided that at the end of the 2099 season the two lowest finishing Victorian teams would merge with the lowest finishing interstate team. This brought on the East Adelaide Bruisers. East Adelaide is still the only part of Adelaide not to be represented by a team named after them. Bruisers comes from the colours the three clubs chose; black, navy and royal which is the main colour of all three teams with white as a secondary colour.

Adelaide got the good part of the deal because they were able to stay put, Collingwood and Eddie III brought all the money to the merger so they were able to demand their colours be used as much as posible and Footscray, as they are known now, have brought nothing to the merger but Adelaide and Collingwood decide to give them something and use a variation of their 2003 Heritage jumper as their home jumper and then a variation of their 1975-1996 home as their clash.
eastadelpres1.png

right click and select 'view image' to see full size.

Just had look at the new entries (last couple) and your away craegus reminds me of Fitzroy's pre-season with the striped side panels.

It was decided that at the end of the 2099 season the two lowest finishing Victorian teams would merge with the lowest finishing interstate team. This brought on the East Adelaide Bruisers. East Adelaide is still the only part of Adelaide not to be represented by a team named after them. Bruisers comes from the colours the three clubs chose; black, navy and royal which is the main colour of all three teams with white as a secondary colour.

Adelaide got the good part of the deal because they were able to stay put, Collingwood and Eddie III brought all the money to the merger so they were able to demand their colours be used as much as posible and Footscray, as they are known now, have brought nothing to the merger but Adelaide and Collingwood decide to give them something and use a variation of their 2003 Heritage jumper as their home jumper and then a variation of their 1975-1996 home as their clash.
eastadelpres1.png

right click and select 'view image' to see full size.

Just had look at the new entries (last couple) and your away craegus reminds me of Fitzroy's pre-season with the striped side panels.
feedback??

Name: Collingwood Football Club

Mascot: Crow (the logo is an all black version of the Collingwood Magpie)

Colours: Black, blue and white (Black and white are Collingwood's colours and blue and white are the Western Bulldogs. Adelaide also use a different shade of blue.)

Home: The Collingwood Crows home jumper is essentially a recoloured version of the Adelaide jumper. The horizontal stripes of the jumper are also reminiscent of the Western Bulldogs jumper.

Away: The Collingwood Crows away jumper is a predominantly white version of the home jumper, complete with the side panels of Adelaide's current jumper.

feedback??

My first thought? 2099 is kinda ridiculous.
Don't like the away jumper as the blue-in-blue doesn't work. :thumbsdown:

Unfortunately having Collingwood thrust into this merger comp has affected the quality of what everyone's produced... in an attempt to get every club covered, the jumpers are looking kind of drab and dull.

I rarely get feedback on the jumpers I do... I figure people just don't want to comment, they will if they want to, but it's up to them. There's always a lot of people watching, even if they say nothing. :cool:

My first thought? 2099 is kinda ridiculous.
There was a whole back story behind that one a put up as well. Collingwood will never merge with anyone so I thought Id just put it as a date none of us will live too anyway. :)
Don't like the away jumper as the blue-in-blue doesn't work. :thumbsdown:
Yeh it doesnt really but they only other option was swap the colours around and put white where the navy is then have a royal blue clash, and as we know a royal jumper just wont cut it as a clash with the AFL.

Unfortunately having Collingwood thrust into this merger comp has affected the quality of what everyone's produced... in an attempt to get every club covered, the jumpers are looking kind of drab and dull.
Yeh I like the three teams but I wouldve rathered it was set up like the MOTW where it was Freo, Brisbane and North and you only had to merge two of the teams.

I rarely get feedback on the jumpers I do... I figure people just don't want to comment, they will if they want to, but it's up to them. There's always a lot of people watching, even if they say nothing. :cool:
Yeh thats what Ive been like for a long time looking and admiring but not saying much, but I will try and give comments to most, if not all, of the designs I see from now on and hopefully others will follow suit :)

Feedback to entries so far.

@Footy Legend
Like the colours same colours as mine, sorry about that :eek: but you know what they say, great minds think alike. My second entry was going to be along these lines minus the dog, trying to emulate Port's PB design but I moved the hoops up to high and it looked like crap. The last thing is that the royal blue dog on the clash blends in too much to the navy and black, ohh and maybe a bit busy.

@Furla81
My first thought was Indigenous All Stars. After that I think that Collingwood and Adelaide are well represented with the colours, but the WB kinda miss out because Im guess the two hoops are what represents them and I have never seen them wear that, so that really goes straight over my head.

@Omegaville
Deffs not your best work, but its pretty hard to incorperate the three teams into one design and make it look good. Not much to say really and Im hoping you wont take offence to it.

@pie_machine 1
I can see Collingwood and the WB represnted well with the colours and design but I cant see Adelaide in their at all. Even when I read the description I couldnt really see it. But its pretty bloody hard to merge the three as I said before.

@Heyzeus
Really like this design. Cant see much Collingwood in it but that doesnt matter when I like the design that much. I like the colours and the design.
*The year 1990 doesn't exist in this alternate reality!;)
lol

@Tigerdrive
I like the home. I think it represents all three clubs fairly well. Not a big fan of the clash, it just looks like the current WB clash with black cuffs and collar to me. I really like the old Southern Bulldogs logo though.

@mobitout
I like the jumper design minus the Crow logo. Where you have changed the yellow to white still looks like a washed out/pale yellow and the royal blue logo doesnt stand out against the royal blue stripe. I think if you had just made the crow white without the colours behind it then given it a thin black outline it wouldve been better. They big yellow circle on the back doesnt do it any favours either. If your worried about people steeling your designs and claiming them, Id suggest putting a big watermark over the whole design, like I did with my 2011 AFL designs.

@Punk Rooster
Good idea in theory, but there are too many colours on the home for my liking. The clash isnt as bad though. Not much I can say about this one really.

@craegus
I like the way you have merged the three together and then relocated them and taken the inspiration for the colours from the location. I think the home has a bit too much going on, like the original design did. I like the away, like I said before the side panels remind me of Fitzroy's pre season jumper. The clash doesnt rally add much to your entry IMO, I think you couldve made the away with white shorts and used that as the clash, but there is no harm in putting a third jumper in the entry really, is there??

@Sepultallica9
Entry 1
I can see what you are trying to do here and with a few alterations it could be made into a potential winner.

Entry 2
Even though its probably invalid I'll give feedback anyway. Just a basic recolour here, which would be most likely to happen if they ever did merge.

@GANTY
Fantastic jumpers mate. Great job. The away could use a bit of work but other then that top effort:thumbsu: ;):p

@pie_machine 2
Again just a basic recolour, that represents all three teams pretty well IMO. Most likely something like this would happen if they ever did merge.

@Eagles1992
Not too bad. Minus the shoulder panels and with a blue outline above the dog to make it stand out a bit more this could be a good jumper.
Dont take any of my criticm the wrong way, I am only trying to give some feedback and hopefully what goes around come around.

I've got no other time to post it, so here it is, the four-n-twenty pies.

After Collingwood's 2010 premiership, they have struggledever since, and after Buckley pulls a 'crazy vossy' move and overpays for run of the mill spuds, Collingwood enter financial problems. The Western Crows (they already have merged, keeping the bulldogs design and adelaide's colours and mascot) never really took off as their respective fans boycotting them after the merger, and have struggled off field in its 5 year existance.

Company 'four n' twenty' notices this, and with their football legacy, their adopted creature being the crow, and the fact they produce pies, inspired them to be the first company to 'buy' a football club, in a brilliant marketing move.

420pies.png

Colours are Collingwood's black, The Bulldog's Red, and Adelaide's yellow, being the colours of the Four n' Twenty emblem.

The home jumper is based on the 1954 Bulldogs premiership winning guersney whilst the away is an adaption of Collingwood's preseason jumper used from 2001-2004.

NOTE: I tried to Smeagle-ise my entry, how does he do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back